Warning. RANT

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.
  • We have been getting regular requests for users who have been locked out of their accounts because they have changed email adresses over the lifetime of their accounts. Please make sure the email address under your account is your current and correct email address in order to avoid this in the future. You can set your email address at https://silvertails.net/account/account-details
Unfortunately this was Dce's game to shine and show his true character and prove he should be Our Captain.
I Have always believed he was one season away from becoming great ,sadly now I honestly don't see him taking that next step.
He doesn' have the mental aptitude and capacity to be a great consistent halfback,let alone be Our Captain.
To be honest ,he should be stripped of the "C" ,and probably would be ,but there is no one else there who deserves it either.
Prove me wrong Cheez...

That would have to be D C E "s worst game and effort that i have seen him play for Manly and i hope that he can do some serious self reflection very quickly . Thought that he had a particularly good season last year so it is not as if he is not capable of reproducing that impressive form on a regular basis this year . His bad defensive reads and indecision were just so uncharacteristic yesterday and apart from his 40 - 20 effort , [ and i realize that he is not noted for his general organizational skills ] , his setting up options in attack were particularly very poor yesterday . Solid and strong defence has always been a key factor in past Manly sides doing well , the side is badly out of form collectively but until they can especially regain their defensive mojo and get it in order , they will continue to struggle to be a competitive side .

Teams often turn around through a couple of brilliant plays by one or two players. Usually we would rely on DCE and Tom T but they are struggling for various reasons. I think Barrett needs to bite the bullet and start introducing some of the youngsters. It may falter, but it cant be worse than what we are getting. Fainu as backup bench player for starters. Tom Wright, Anderson, Funa need to be considered. Having Hastings in the reserves is a waste of talent and we need him at 5/8, just to see if it works. Manly needs a bit of spark and its players like those I've mentioned who will give it. It lifts the overall energy of the rest of the team, when something spectacular occurs and the crowd are on their feet. If Barrett doesnt make changes and bring in some of these young bucks, I can see Manly continuing to lose in the weeks to come. The changes may not work, but what we've got at present isnt working anyway.

Teams often turn around through a couple of brilliant plays by one or two players. Usually we would rely on DCE and Tom T but they are struggling for various reasons. I think Barrett needs to bite the bullet and start introducing some of the youngsters. It may falter, but it cant be worse than what we are getting. Fainu as backup bench player for starters. Tom Wright, Anderson, Funa need to be considered. Having Hastings in the reserves is a waste of talent and we need him at 5/8, just to see if it works. Manly needs a bit of spark and its players like those I've mentioned who will give it. It lifts the overall energy of the rest of the team, when something spectacular occurs and the crowd are on their feet. If Barrett doesnt make changes and bring in some of these young bucks, I can see Manly continuing to lose in the weeks to come. The changes may not work, but what we've got at present isnt working anyway.
Take your point in another thread about bolstering the 2 nd row , Jet Ski did not have the best of matches , Frank is out of favour , maybe Lane as a starting 2 nd rower . Uate put in a much improved effort , hopefully this can rub off on quite a few of his teammates . If Parker is out, will have to be some new inclusion to the 17 . may be a requirement to try to elevate Sulli and Anderson soon to the official 30 man squad and of course there is always Tom Wright to take into consideration .

Just in hindsight if you look at both Hastings and Croker performances in both their short nrl careers. Hastings should be selected ahead just on his merits in comparison. Hastings I believe if given the opportunity would of fixed the halves problem for a long time in the future and possibly Nsw. Looking more and more he will achieve this elsewhere.

my rant and note all just my thoughts and opinions .... if you don't like it stop reading it

I was one that was skeptical about choosing Trent as coach, and certainly pissed off about the very grubby way Tooves was treated, but I thought give him a go and let's see what he's got. Well I think he is not tough enough to handle the strong young egos that make up a 30 man NRL playing squad. Its time to stand and deliver or make way for someone who can, preferably someone with a strong Manly connection.(we had a beauty!).

I think the way he has publicly handled this latest fiasco is at best unfortunate and at worst incompetent and hurtful.

Maybe Trent needs to get a bit tougher with 'the marquee signing', and other under performers, and send them back to reggies for a reality check), and DCE needs to think about what he owes the Team, Club, Fans and sponsors (for his $1.3mill/year for another 7 years), .... drop the ego attachment and give playing with Jacko a go.

I think DCE to 5/8 where he can utilize his strong running game and Jacko and Api sharing the dummy half and first receiver option may open our attack up.

If Api gets selected for SOO (I don't think he will), then Manaise Fainu should get a run.

Should the unlikely happen and DCE get picked for the toads then T Wright should be given a shot.

If Joel Thompson & J Gosiewski don't improve their defence the Frank Winterstein, who defended well, needs to get a run again.

While Brad Parker and Jorge are both out, while M Wright is a solid if not dynamic replacement, one of our young speedster should get a shot i.e. Jade Anderson.

I would relieve DCE of the captaincy and give it back to Jake.

This ****ty saga has obviously impacted on the whole playing group and some young players need to be given a chance, now that this season is all but shot.

Our forwards are reasonably sorted but need to be coming onto the ball from a metre deeper, most of the time Marty & AFB particularly are flat footed. Maybe Shaun Lane as a starter and AFB impacting off the bench with Paeseka and then Perrett. !!!

Take your point in another thread about bolstering the 2 nd row , Jet Ski did not have the best of matches , Frank is out of favour , maybe Lane as a starting 2 nd rower . Uate put in a much improved effort , hopefully this can rub off on quite a few of his teammates . If Parker is out, will have to be some new inclusion to the 17 . may be a requirement to try to elevate Sulli and Anderson soon to the official 30 man squad and of course there is always Tom Wright to take into consideration .
Agree. Gosiewski missed two tackles which led directly to tries. Frank would have gobbled them both up with his ball-and-all style. Keep Lane on bench, move FRankenstein back into the side for mine. Might not offer as much enthusiasm in attack, but at least we won't be leaking tries down that side. And we'll have a tried-and-true defensive structure there, like last season.

• Clever
Reactions: Ned
India can actually win in Sri Lanka and Bangladesh as well. They will probably beat us when they tour here in 2018/19.:)

Wasn't there a cricket game at ANZ yesterday, Eels declared at 1/44 and Manly were all out for 10..

I have never done this but today is the day.

1 T. TREBOJEVIC
Played himself out of origin today. Badly out of form

2. A. UATE
1 word springs to mind. LIABILITY. He fixed the catching today but his kick returns and hitups are weak. GONE.

3. D. WALKER
Coming back from injury. Trying his guts out.

4. B. KELLY
Still green. Not great defensively yet and being let down by others. Showing promise. Scored 2 disallowed today.

5. B. PARKER
Not sold on the bloke. Good defensively and is a big body in attack. But plays with bigger all energy. I dont think he's a first grader.

6. LACHLAN CROKER
Not a first grader. GONE

7. DCE
Really disappointed in him at the moment. 2 soft penalties in the first 5 minutes. 2 kicks out on the full and 2 short kickoffs when the game was already over. YOU DO NOT INVITE THEM TO SCORE MORE POINTS WHEN YOU ARE GETTING FLOGGED.

8. M. TAPAU
Piss weak effort again. Penalty against in the first set AGAIN. And pushed an offload in the next which cost possession.

9. A. KORISAU
Trying his guts out but out of form. Does not have enough energy in him to be a sole hooker.

10. A. FONUA-BLAKE
Not a starting prop. Would be much better served coming off the bench. Weak effort today.

11. J. THOMPSON
Trying hard with limited opportunity. Not big enough to change the game on his own.

12. J. GOSIEWSKI
Same as Thompson. A shining light though considering his age and experience.

13. J TREBOJEVIC
Horribly out of form. Playing himself out of Origin like his brother.

14. M. WRIGHT
Probably the 4th best winger at the club but probably also the best utility at the moment which is weak.

15.L. PERRET
Weak defender. No punch in attack and always looks chubby and unfit. GONE.

16. S. LANE
The best bench player we have at the moment. Which is sad.

17. T. PASEKA
I wish this guy was making his debut when we are on top. Shame for him he has been good.

18. JACKSON HASTINGS
MUST PLAY 5/8!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

19. F. WINTERSTEIN
Would probably be playing if it wasn't for Gosiewski. Solid at best.

And that is it.

Sirronen - Season
Tanginoa - Season
Taufua- past his used by date. GONE

We have zero forwards that play with massive energy. Just from today, think Matangi, Edward's and Pritchard. The depth at this club is appalling. Being $600k off the cap doesnt help and neither does paying Myles and Lussick to not play.

To the players and staff.

All the bull**** needs to stop. We need to cop our medicine from the NRL and move on. If Daddy Lussick isnt on board. Sack him. If the players are blind in a strip club before a game then **** is bound to happen. Piss weak behaviour by the players but also from the staff to allow it to happen. This club has had to deal with **** since the day Des walked out the day after the 2011 GF. It's time for it to stop!

If we keep heading in this trajectory then we will not win another game.

Steve, don't hold back next time. Tell us what YOU REALLY think!

On the bright side though... at least we won’t have four or five players out during origin! Suddenly they’re all sh*t!

Staff online

Team P W L PD Pts
7 6 1 99 14
8 6 2 66 14
7 6 1 54 14
9 5 3 37 11
9 5 4 95 10
7 4 3 49 10
9 5 4 42 10
9 5 4 -14 10
7 3 4 17 8
8 4 4 -14 8