Walker's role?

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.
Walkers first game in a long time and he showed why he is our most electrifying centre
With more game time he will be fine tuned in the centre position where he belongs .
He did great as our 14. Quality utility players off the bench can be the difference between good and great sides. (Walker off the bench covers 6, 3, 4, 1) When Schuster comes back Lawton goes to 15 as backrow rotation but can also cover 9, 7, 3, 4 and potentially 13 as well. Taupau (mainly 10, 8, but can cover 11, 12 in an emergency also) and Sipley (10, 8). I can't find a spot for Siro, and Sipley drops out of the bench when Aloiai comes back. If Fainu is somehow available for the finals he will walk back into the 9 spot. I'm not a massive fan of that happening as previously I have suggested he should come back via Blacktown and get a preseason in before starting as 9 in 2022. Lawton has demonstrated that might not be completely necessary. So much young Manly talent with first grade experience waiting for more opportunities as well. I feel a premiership coming our way pretty soon. 2022 or 2023. 2021 would be awesome, and still possible, but unlikely. Go Manly.

He did great as our 14. Quality utility players off the bench can be the difference between good and great sides. (Walker off the bench covers 6, 3, 4, 1) When Schuster comes back Lawton goes to 15 as backrow rotation but can also cover 9, 7, 3, 4 and potentially 13 as well. Taupau (mainly 10, 8, but can cover 11, 12 in an emergency also) and Sipley (10, 8). I can't find a spot for Siro, and Sipley drops out of the bench when Aloiai comes back. If Fainu is somehow available for the finals he will walk back into the 9 spot. I'm not a massive fan of that happening as previously I have suggested he should come back via Blacktown and get a preseason in before starting as 9 in 2022. Lawton has demonstrated that might not be completely necessary. So much young Manly talent with first grade experience waiting for more opportunities as well. I feel a premiership coming our way pretty soon. 2022 or 2023. 2021 would be awesome, and still possible, but unlikely. Go Manly.
if Fainu came back it would be hard to ask him to do 80 mins at 9. However if you have Lawton on the bench then that is sorted anyways and unfortunately Croker drops out although that would be tough to watch as he deserves being in the side for as long as he can

Surely when Aoli comes back Lawton will hold the utility spot beside Marty, Sipley and Keppie.
Lawton covers 11/12. 9, 6/7 and 3/4 .
Finals footy will be against the teams that have the toughest packs in the comp...that's why they are finalists.

2 utilities is an unaffordable luxury when it gets tough and Lawton is a complete utility and he is a complete footballer with a great attitude.

Walker can fill-in if Lawton gets injured for mine.

Walker is a more skilful & instinctual player than the rest of our three quarters. If he his effort level increases, I would suggest he replaces Harper. I think Saab would score a stack of tries outside him
Walker will never have the "effort level", passion or desire of a Parker or Harper because he is a show-pony... and Saab IS ALREADY scoring "a stack of tries" outside Harper.

Harpers and Parkers are worth more than a Dylan Walker all day, every day.

if Fainu came back it would be hard to ask him to do 80 mins at 9. However if you have Lawton on the bench then that is sorted anyways and unfortunately Croker drops out although that would be tough to watch as he deserves being in the side for as long as he can
There is no room in this TEAM for Fainu this year...whether he is cleared and fit, or not. He will only be playing for BWSE if he comes back this year unless the Frog is badly injured.

Walker had sone good moments last night and scored a great try but there were also reminders for me of his poor defence. I do acknowledge it’s his first game back in a while tho. Harper had a quiet game last night but he and Parker for mine are still our starting centres. Suli also played well.

In relation to team selections it seems Des is kind of going old school and just picking the best 17 players available. I def think Lawton and Walker on the bench can work as mentioned above. The other two selections need to be front rowers tho.

Walker had sone good moments last night and scored a great try but there were also reminders for me of his poor defence. I do acknowledge it’s his first game back in a while tho. Harper had a quiet game last night but he and Parker for mine are still our starting centres. Suli also played well.

In relation to team selections it seems Des is kind of going old school and just picking the best 17 players available. I def think Lawton and Walker on the bench can work as mentioned above. The other two selections need to be front rowers tho.
Keppie back this week.

Sorry but I disagree. Parker and Harpo have been and important part of our revival, not because they are brilliant in attack but because they are good defenders and committed team players. With DCE, The Shoe, Turbo, Sandwich and Saab we have plenty of strike, without the need for Walker who is patchy, at best.
Walker was trialled tonight as a lock and went well. His future lies as a utility, but he is well behind The Law-man who has been a revelation.
I’d be letting Walker walk. His defence has never been good enough.

Latest posts

Team P W L PD Pts
3 3 0 48 6
3 2 1 45 4
3 2 1 28 4
3 2 1 22 4
3 2 1 15 4
3 2 1 14 4
2 1 1 13 4
3 2 1 10 4
2 1 1 6 4
3 2 1 -3 4