• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.
so what's the deal with walker? He should be injury free soon, in like a week or two according to nrl casualty ward. But will he cop a further suspension from the NRL? When's the latest we will get him back into our 17?

He’s one of our most dangerous players with the ball.

We’re a better team with him out there.
I'm not a Walker hater by any means but I have to ask, Is he though ?
Is he one of our most dangerous players and are we a better team with him out there ?
I would have answered yes up to 4 weeks ago but now, with our rejuvenated balanced team not so sure. We have a few more strike players finding confidence and are doing very well.
It's the attitude that can effect us too, we already have a few on edge players is adding Walker a positive ?
Defensively will we be better too ?

My only issue with Walker is the number of unnecessary games he has missed ..

His list of misdemeanors hardly make him Clyde Barrow or Chopper Read ... while distasteful and stupid ... a hair pull and a push hardly make him a figure of crime weekly ..

I'm not a Walker hater by any means but I have to ask, Is he though ?
Is he one of our most dangerous players and are we a better team with him out there ?
I would have answered yes up to 4 weeks ago but now, with our rejuvenated balanced team not so sure. We have a few more strike players finding confidence and are doing very well.
It's the attitude that can effect us too, we already have a few on edge players is adding Walker a positive ?
Defensively will we be better too ?

Defence was never much of an issue otherwise Walker would never have been given the 5/8 spot. The issue is having speed in the backline. We have it is Turbo, Saab, Harper, DCE. Garrick is pretty fast but we have others coming through who are faster. Schuster is surprisingly fast for his size. If Walker still has the skills he showed a few years back with Uate outside him, then yes, he is a further string to our attacking bow. The Harper-Saab combination is becoming lethal. Saab is sheer poetry in motion when he's given space and Harper seems to know how to set him up. Doesnt happen on the other side of the field. Would be great if we had that speed on both sides and I think potentially its there.

Defence was never much of an issue otherwise Walker would never have been given the 5/8 spot. The issue is having speed in the backline. We have it is Turbo, Saab, Harper, DCE. Garrick is pretty fast but we have others coming through who are faster. Schuster is surprisingly fast for his size. If Walker still has the skills he showed a fe
years back with Uate outside him, then yes, he is a further string to our attacking bow. The Harper-Saab combination is becoming lethal. Saab is sheer poetry in motion when he's given space and Harper seems to know how to set him up. Doesnt happen on the other side of the field. Would be great if we had that speed on both sides and I think potentially its there.
There you said it , "if Walker still has"
Rather than just presuming he does.
I would rather see him in blacktown showing us he still has it rather than push Parker out and upset what looks like a well balanced side based on if Walker......
If he does then fine.

I would rather see him in blacktown showing us he still has it rather than push Parker out and upset what looks like a well balanced side based on if Walker......
If he does then fine.
Players dont just lose their skill .

There is more balance in a backline when you have a centre that has a balance of power in attack

Players dont just lose their skill .

There is more balance in a backline when you have a centre that has a balance of power in attack
They do lose their speed and options
They do lose their hunger
They do lose out to panicked crab running if their options are suddenly closed.
I want to see Walker play before I assume any benefit to the team just by walk in

They do lose their speed and options
They do lose their hunger
They do lose out to panicked crab running if their options are suddenly closed.
I want to see Walker play before I assume any benefit to the team just by walk in
The skill set IMO is always there
The mindset is another thing all together
A fit and firing Walker will be a bonus for us

If he does then fine.

I agree Maneagle. I actually said that in an earlier post that he would probably come back in the Reggies and also possibly on the bench for a short while, as well as for match fitness. Just hope Des doesnt put him at 5/8 again...heaven forbid. I've never denied I'm not a Parker fan in the centres. I think he may make a good lock or second rower, but he's too slow in the backs and doesnt feed his wing man well. At lock he would be a good cover defender and is fast enough to add to the forward's potency

The skill set IMO is always there
The mindset is another thing all together
A fit and firing Walker will be a bonus for us
When has Walker been both fit and firing at the same time in the last 2 years ?

The mindset and skill set are related to each other and interwind
If you have the skill and not the mindset you are not going to offer much, same as you wouldn't if you have the mindset and not the skill.
As you know all to well Bozo, when the mind and body are as one ,
"great hard things happen" otherwise it's just a soft c.......

Walker in blacktown to show us he deserves to uproot the incumbumbent center in Parker who was only ever depth but has played more than his more expensive and apparently better skilled team mate

I agree Maneagle. I actually said that in an earlier post that he would probably come back in the Reggies and also possibly on the bench for a short while, as well as for match fitness. Just hope Des doesnt put him at 5/8 again...heaven forbid. I've never denied I'm not a Parker fan in the centres. I think he may make a good lock or second rower, but he's too slow in the backs and doesnt feed his wing man well. At lock he would be a good cover defender and is fast enough to add to the forward's potency
Agree 100% hope Des isn't tempted to bring him back through 5/8 with Foz out, please don't let that be.
Also agree Parker's future may well be lock /Sr.
If Walker does give us some value by being available for selection and does fire in Reggie's, I'm fine with but he has to do the yards first and not just Walk... up
See what I did there ....

While I'm not a Walker fan I would happily embrace him once he proved himself in reserve grade. But if he is parachuted into the top 13 without any lead-up matches then I believe it will be a huge mistake.
I have long acknowledged that Parker is not a 'natural' centre. He doesn't have the speed nor the guile of a centre. However, he has impressed me since the Titans match in Mudgee, and the backline is scoring plenty of tries with him in it.
For me, Parker stays in the centres until, and if, Walker proves by his deeds in reserve grade that he would improve our backline. I think that many Walker fans are confusing his form with Souffs years ago to what he's dished up with us over the past few seasons.

While I'm not a Walker fan I would happily embrace him once he proved himself in reserve grade. But if he is parachuted into the top 13 without any lead-up matches then I believe it will be a huge mistake.
I have long acknowledged that Parker is not a 'natural' centre. He doesn't have the speed nor the guile of a centre. However, he has impressed me since the Titans match in Mudgee, and the backline is scoring plenty of tries with him in it.
For me, Parker stays in the centres until, and if, Walker proves by his deeds in reserve grade that he would improve our backline. I think that many Walker fans are confusing his form with Souffs years ago to what he's dished up with us over the past few seasons.
This 100%

My only issue with Walker is the number of unnecessary games he has missed ..

His list of misdemeanors hardly make him Clyde Barrow or Chopper Read ... while distasteful and stupid ... a hair pull and a push hardly make him a figure of crime weekly ..
What about a ruthless, cold-blooded boot throw?

When has Walker been both fit and firing at the same time in the last 2 years ?

The mindset and skill set are related to each other and interwind
If you have the skill and not the mindset you are not going to offer much, same as you wouldn't if you have the mindset and not the skill.
As you know all to well Bozo, when the mind and body are as one ,
"great hard things happen" otherwise it's just a soft c.......

Walker in blacktown to show us he deserves to uproot the incumbumbent center in Parker who was only ever depth but has played more than his more expensive and apparently better skilled team mate
I totally agree with you that The mindset and skill set are related to each other and interwind
And that is why i said A fit and firing Walker will be a bonus for us

Walker has had 2 disruptive years off the field but

when he gets on it again
I believe is capable of being destructive player once again .

Also agree Parker's future may well be lock /Sr.
I think that is already in the works. The last few games Parker has been doing a LOT more tackling and hit-ups in the middle and maybe it is because Des has had a word in his ear about Walker's imminent return and our future backs coming through.

I totally agree with you that The mindset and skill set are related to each other and interwind
And that is why i said A fit and firing Walker will be a bonus for us

Walker has had 2 disruptive years off the field but

when he gets on it again
I believe is capable of being destructive player once again .
Thats my issue with Walker, he is just as likely to do something stupid to prevent him reaching his capability as he is actually reaching it.

I think that is already in the works. The last few games Parker has been doing a LOT more tackling and hit-ups in the middle and maybe it is because Des has had a word in his ear about Walker's imminent return and our future backs coming through.
Yep, Say what you will about Parker and highlight his flaws like lack of pace etc but he puts his body on the line and does what his coach asks him to to do for the team.
Some players with more skill and pace just can't do that.

Staff online

• Jethro
    Star Trekkin' across the universe

Members online

Latest posts

Team P W L PD Pts
6 5 1 59 12
6 5 1 20 12
6 4 2 53 10
6 4 2 30 10
7 4 2 25 9
7 4 3 40 8