• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.
If you look at some one the wrong way they start crying and call the police
I swear we will see the day when you can be charged with " Making someone feel emotional"
The child bride banned the expression "soft cocks" sometime ago due to my overuse.

Hope Dylan figures in this season. Could be a really feelgood career resurrection story, as combined with rotten injury luck, he hasn't been used in his optimal position (Centre), where he earned both rep honours and awards (centre of the year).

He has had some moments to be sure, but I have spoken with him quite a few times over the years (when he is not out on the turps), he is a super nice, approachable guy and chats freely without any hint of arrogance or impatience ('why the hell are you talking to me' sort of thing - which is a vibe I have received from some other sportspeople).

He said that he has his work cut out for him to even force his way back into the 1st-grade squad with the form of the current backline. There was no hint of him thinking he deserved to be there just on past merit and walk straight back in to the team - he implied he knows he has to work for it, and will need to work hard for it possibly through the lower grades.

He has had a rough trot with injuries, and the off-field dramas like this. We know that there is no replacement for Turbo - on a comparative level he was almost setup to fail our expectations at fullback, but he took it on (or was told to take it on...) and tried to learn to be a fullback - he had only 5 games to learn the different demands of that position.

Guy is a class centre, passable 5/8th - but he is not an organisational and defensively astute fullback. If he fails and is written off as dead weight, then it is only fair that it should be judged on his performance at centre.

If he can stay dry and purge these types of incidents from his resume, I don't think he fails the 'no dickheads' policy, even though he brings some niggle to our side on the field. Although we have a solid centre pairing at present, Dylan is a potentially better option for one of them (as much as I love Brad's qualities in centre).

Given his past few seasons, and the trend of 'underperforming players taking a haircut' on their contract negotiations, we could possible have Walker at a more agreeable price - and I would actually love him to re-sign and work his way back to being that world-class player he once was.

Good luck Dylan, some of us are backing you.
I thought players family were barred from this site.

Around 70-80% of first conviction common assault get good behaviour bonds. Very few get gaol, some periodic detention some community service. Most likely result will be 1-2 year GB bond.

Blaming others, or alcohol, is not owning your behaviour, it is making excuses and a sure sign of weak character.
You did not get my point

Dylan needs to control his demons by controlling his drink

He needs to be accountable

No excuses for his behaviour

Perspective time...

Sorry mate but thats just another excuse.

Blame something that we all have the power to just say no to.

Every action you, me or joe blogs does is of our own doing and choice.
You did not get my point

Dylan needs to control his demons by controlling his drink

He needs to be accountable

No excuses for his behaviour

Hope he comes straight into the side at Parker's expense.. never seen a bloke butcher so many sure thing trys in my life.
It seems that the make a point on this Forum you have to start with: Putting things into perspective... so here I go comparing Parker with Walker:
Parker is a local lad who bleeds maroon-and white. He was a member of our Under 20's squad which won the premiership. He never shirks his responsibilities in defence. We should all remember his tackle on Sivo last year at Brookie which had the big Fijian writhing in pain and amazement. He takes many hit-ups without any though of self preservation. He can jump and often diffuses high kicks. He rarely concedes a penalty; in fact, he seems to generate penalties for us with the opposition tackling him illegally. He has never trashed the reputation of the club with off-field antics, and is always respectful in interviews. He is not a big head nor a trash-talker. He is a good clubman.
Walker used to be fast and skilful, but hasn't shown much of either over the past two seasons. Walker is also the opposite to those attributes enunciated about Parker.

It seems that the make a point on this Forum you have to start with: Putting things into perspective... so here I go comparing Parker with Walker:
Parker is a local lad who bleeds maroon-and white. He was a member of our Under 20's squad which won the premiership. He never shirks his responsibilities in defence. We should all remember his tackle on Sivo last year at Brookie which had the big Fijian writhing in pain and amazement. He takes many hit-ups without any though of self preservation. He can jump and often diffuses high kicks. He rarely concedes a penalty; in fact, he seems to generate penalties for us with the opposition tackling him illegally. He has never trashed the reputation of the club with off-field antics, and is always respectful in interviews. He is not a big head nor a trash-talker. He is a good clubman.
Walker used to be fast and skilful, but hasn't shown much of either over the past two seasons. Walker is also the opposite to those attributes enunciated about Parker.
I get that Parker's a club junior and trys hard..
It doesn't change the fact that he butchers more scoring opportunities than any other centre we have, he's also innefective with ball in hand, havnt seen him dent the line yet...
The last time Walker played centre he s#$t all over what Parker so far has dished up .
Parker's got heart and trys hard, esp in defence, but Walker is streets ahead of him at centre.. it's not Walkers fault we've played him and 5/8 for the last 4 years and fullback this year.. he's a victim of his own talent

Poor Walker, it's not his fault that:

-we played him out of position, despite the fact he wanted to play 5/8th.

-Curtis Scott punched him in the head, breaking his eye socket, after Walker mouthed off at him enough to provoke him into doing so & never attempted to defend himself.

-he broke his hand punching a door in the offseason.

-he was accused of domestic violence by his wife.

-he was accused of assault by 2 people.

-he took prescription drugs & nearly died.

Too often we look at a players off field activities and somehow confuse this with his performance on the field. Of course its not good when his off field behaviour interferes with his availability to play the game, that is annoying. But he has been I feel poorly used in recent years when he has been on the field. His greatest asset is speed and evasiveness and his ability to set up his supports. His year with Uate was exceptional. Sure someone needs to kick him in the head a few times to get him to get his general life in order, especially when it interferes with his availability. But in pure football terms he has been the best centre we've had for years by a long shot. Harper looks to be almost up there, but Walker, if he still has those skills, is No 1 centre in the club.

Latest posts

Team P W L PD Pts
5 4 1 23 10
5 4 1 14 10
6 4 2 48 8
6 4 2 28 8
5 3 2 25 8
5 3 2 14 8
6 3 2 38 7
6 3 2 21 7
6 3 3 37 6
6 3 3 16 6