walker

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.

casfan

Rookie
Anyone heard anything about Walker heading to Super League, Cas Tigers linked with a back from Manly, Walkers name mentioned. Anyone heard the same?

First I've heard of it. But TBH I think we have probably seen the last of Walker in a Manly jumper and its hard to see any other NRL team wanting a bar of him, Titans or Warriors aside.

Makes a bit of sense for both parties.

Walker is off contract at seasons end, being in the picture playing good footy, would have a huge impact on the starting number of his next contract.

Manly may well want to free up cap space or more importantly add a player to the 30. Given the talent outside the 30 I'm not convinced we need a big name, over priced signing.

Ie Miskie playing fullback today. DES sure seems to be giving this lad some challenges and testing him out.

I'd be letting Walker walk; pardon the pun.

He is off contract and was on 5/8 money not centre money. He was bought over to play in the halves and we all know how that worked out. He has talent but is a ticking time bomb and outside of injury, it is not good enough to have a slab of your cap sitting on the sidelines for stupidity. He hasn't earned an extension.

My other concern is I don't know that he will ever be the weapon he was pre-ankle injury. The biggest attribute he possessed was acceleration and I thought he was a yard slower last year.

I agree with Snake. Walker unfortunately comes with a new level of stupid, and as talented as he can be, he does little to stabilise the team, let alone be a role model. If it's not his mouth, it's his fists, and now that he is injury prones, I'd be happy to free up his cap space.

giphy.gif

We would be crazy to keep him, imo. We need to replace him with a high quality centre, but we need someone who isn't a complete DH who spends months on the sidelines because of his own stupidity... Punching doors, baiting the opposition into punches that break his cheek, and allegedly assaulting his partner... All avoidable stints on the sidelines.

Have heard a couple of friends over that way suggest it is JT that tigers are looking at for next year. Can't see walker being re-signed by us if cleared. He'd still attract NRL offers i think, just not from us. And i'd be fine with that.

We absolutely need Walker on the field this year to be a chance of the 8.
Suli and Parker do not cut it

I think the club will let Walker go. I think that moving forward Des is not going to put up with dickhead behaviour from any player and Walker has had more than one chance!! It will also allow Manly to invest in areas where we need to improve like fast outside backs and a quality 5/8

I hope everything works out for walker in terms of his case. With support of des and the club through these times I hope he will stay on, extending on a cut contract around 300k like fergo did with the Roosters to show his gratitude. Would give dylan security and the opportunity and desire to play well and earn a bigger contract next time around and the club some wiggle room in the cap. It's a win win in my opinion if he can stay out of the headlines

I disagree with most in Walker.
Des loves a challenge, and he could be the key to turning him into an asset moving forward.
I rate him in top 5 centres of the game.
Hope things pan out that way

Hear, hear. Hopefully he learns from this, and is an amazing redemption story. People make mistakes.

Love for him to be our next AFB, and make amends, focus, be happy and become a Manly legend.

Hear, hear. Hopefully he learns from this, and is an amazing redemption story. People make mistakes.

Love for him to be our next AFB, and make amends, focus, be happy and become a Manly legend.
Fingers crossed. He is better than aitken and everyone rumoured to be linked to fill his void. The only player id like back would be gutho but I can't see it happening given the coin he wants. Prob x1.5 what walker would demand atm

Latest posts

Team P W L PD Pts
7 6 1 54 14
6 5 1 59 12
7 5 2 36 12
8 5 2 39 11
8 5 3 64 10
6 4 2 53 10
8 4 4 73 8
7 4 3 24 8
7 3 4 17 8
8 4 4 -14 8