Walker to 5/8 our X factor for finals

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.
No no no no no

Lets all face up to one truth - we are not going to win the comp this year. And that is FINE! We didn't enter the year expecting to win it, and the STorm in reality already have the comp wrapped up.

So..... this is a year to gain experience and develop. If Cust or Croker don't have nig game experience yet.... THIS YEAR is their chance without fear of blowing our premiership window.

Walker is a muppet - but that is a different topic.

I know Walker's struggled in halves before, and I am a fan of Cust.

But to catch up to Storm/Roosters/Rabbitohs and overtake them in GF, we need Walker at 5/8. Here's why:

1. Walker is a big match player who thrives on early ball.

2. Parker is a must to return to centre. We'll need his defence in GF against Mitchell/Manu and co. I like Cust but think Parker adds more to team overall.

3. Not sold on Cust / Croker / LG for big games. Cust still a work-in-progress.

4. We have a real coach who can make Walker in halves work.

5. The emergence of Fainu gives us another ball-player in team,

6. Walker has that X Factor you need in big games.

I know most will disagree with this but backline with Walker at Six and Parker at three looks stronger.

I have a greater chance of going home, walking in the front door, my wife jump all over me, ripping my clothes off. Your dreaming more than I am!

It's bad enough when Walker is at centre and only gets the ball twice in a half and crabs sideways across the field and kills all the momentum. We don't need him touching the ball more IMO.

Agree with the earlier call - he's more likely to find himself moved to Blacktown than to 5/8.

Love hearing different views, love disagreeing with a few of them as well, and this is one.

Been there , done that AND failed miserably!!

Leave him where he is , that’s his best position.

Walker needs to pull his finger out and start injecting himself into games.
He has a lot of support on here ,never understood why .I bet he has averaged
approx 4 good standout games a year.Give me Parker (who shows heart) anyday.
He barely gets the ball and when he does there is no room. And when there is space taufua is too slow... he needs to go right side that's his position

This thread must be to simply get a bite ....Walker himself would disagree and is Exactly the strike centre we need where he is out wide

It seems the response is pretty unanimous

upload_2019-7-4_20-24-52.jpeg

I certainly believe Walker’s role should be changed to make better use of his ability. but for mine this just involves getting the ball more often in and around the ruck. I don’t think the halves should be his position unless both Cust and Croker (who was going great) are injured.

This has got to be a gee up. For two reasons.

Walker is not a five eight

but he is our best centre by the length of the straight.
Scorpio and Suli have done a good job but seriously having Walker at Blacktown is downright ridiculous.And if anyone thinks Des will put him there over those two is going to be very dissapointed.

DCE would be under a lot of pressure being the only kicking option. The team would fold if he went off injured and they had to rely on walker. Walker is no jamie lyon.

Yep.
There is a huge difference between having the skill and the smarts to play 5/8 and I doubt Walker has either.....he's a centre and if he could catch and was smart enough he'd be able to play fullback too.

Disagree. Cust is going great guns and will get better. My main concern at the moment is the speed outside of Walker on the wing. A few times he has created space for Taufua only for Taufua to get shut down immediately. Walker would be twice the centre if had a speedstar outside of him. Taufua is solid but as we all know not a speedy finisher!

Parker misses out in my 17 as I think Suli is class above and carries the ball out of the half like an forward.
Does anyone know, or can anyone guess, why Des switched Walker to the left? It has been a complete failure. Hope he is not too stubborn to accept that.

Should have given jamie lyon , walkers cash and did what ever else it took. He could still cooper cronked us through the finals. The man is a genius. True champion , just did his job, took a very modest pay considering his standing. If we had paid jamie his true worth we woulndnt have had a forward pack..
We hear of players taking cuts to stay together and chocs comments seem ti infuriate many but when we take a swipe at chocs commentary, this includes a very silent lyon , kite and ballin in particular who made sacrifices. Others too

Staff online

Team P W L PD Pts
6 5 1 59 12
6 5 1 20 12
6 4 2 53 10
6 4 2 30 10
7 4 2 25 9
7 4 3 40 8
7 4 3 24 8
7 4 3 -8 8
7 4 3 -18 8
7 3 3 20 7