Walker, Sironen, Suli

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.
Knowing Des he will bring Siro, Suli and Walker straight back in. Keppie probably misses out for Siro and unfortunately for Harper and Parker they would be the obvious ones to miss out.
Here's hoping Des is seeing the positives with Harper and he keeps his spot.
no no no i wont be able to take harper being dropped for Suli. That will make me so mad. His combination with saab is only starting to warm up. That right side we have with both of them and guac and chez, that will only get better as the season goes.

For attack Walker is a walk up starter. He certainly has the X factor our left edge is missing BUT can his defence hold up? That is the million dollar question and a question that our success really relies on. We have changed our defensive structure to a "sliding" defence and maybe this would suit Walker. Walker certainly couldn't do the "up and in" defence but I'd like to see how he goes with our new structures.
Add Lawton and Walker (at their best) and we are a real threats this year! All things going well that is!
Agree if Walker and Lawton slot in and Walks manages to turn back the clock in attack we'd be much better off in attack against the big teams. As you said defence is the question! Maybe Walker still has it and i'd like to see him get a chance. I am unsure though whether he has any of the pace he used to though, he looked awfully slow at fullback.

But if it's still there (which it might very well be) he has been improving his passing game over the years at 5/8 so will be better for it when he plays at centre.

Of course I will stick up for my ginger brother, but at the moment I would not drop Parker for Walker when Walker is fit. Everything about Parker screams 'Team First', the impact of which cannot be underestimated. I think you can see this with how his team mates react to him too.

I know people say Walker was "centre of the year when he played his preferred position", but winning player of the year in his position doesn't necessarily mean he was the best player in that position. Or that he will get back to that level. It just means that of all centres in the comp that year, he polled the most Dally M points. Other teams may have had better centres that didn't poll points because (a) their team lost or (b) there were other players in their team that took points away from them.

To make the point: Joey Leilua has won 2 Centre of Year awards: James Roberts has won 1 Centre of the Year award; Aaron Woods has won the prop of the year twice; Blake Austin has a five-eighth of the year; and Luke Brooks won the halfback of the year once. Each were good in those years they won the award, but Woods is now just OK, and the other 3???

I am not saying Dylan is cr@p, more that he had one really good year out of the last 6 years, for a bunch of different reasons including some out of his control. On the balance of probabilities, you'd have to be a brave person to say he will get back to where he was in 2017 (which I acknowledge was a good year for him).

So, assuming there are no injuries, I would put Walker in the No.14 jersey and see if he can provide some spark as a super-sub.

As for Siro and Suli... Siro to take Keppie's spot on the bench and play minutes in the middle. There is nothing to more to say about Suli that hasn't already been said.

Of course I will stick up for my ginger brother, but at the moment I would not drop Parker for Walker when Walker is fit. Everything about Parker screams 'Team First', the impact of which cannot be underestimated. I think you can see this with how his team mates react to him too.

I know people say Walker was "centre of the year when he played his preferred position", but winning player of the year in his position doesn't necessarily mean he was the best player in that position. Or that he will get back to that level. It just means that of all centres in the comp that year, he polled the most Dally M points. Other teams may have had better centres that didn't poll points because (a) their team lost or (b) there were other players in their team that took points away from them.

To make the point: Joey Leilua has won 2 Centre of Year awards: James Roberts has won 1 Centre of the Year award; Aaron Woods has won the prop of the year twice; Blake Austin has a five-eighth of the year; and Luke Brooks won the halfback of the year once. Each were good in those years they won the award, but Woods is now just OK, and the other 3???

I am not saying Dylan is cr@p, more that he had one really good year out of the last 6 years, for a bunch of different reasons including some out of his control. On the balance of probabilities, you'd have to be a brave person to say he will get back to where he was in 2017 (which I acknowledge was a good year for him).

So, assuming there are no injuries, I would put Walker in the No.14 jersey and see if he can provide some spark as a super-sub.

As for Siro and Suli... Siro to take Keppie's spot on the bench and play minutes in the middle. There is nothing to more to say about Suli that hasn't already been said.

Agree with the points about Dally M awards etc & Centre of the year. It can often mean very little at the time..... and even less 5 years down the track.

* Everything about Parker screams 'Team First', the impact of which cannot be underestimated.*

WOW ???

His impact .... is a Scream
Line Breaks........ He is a Scream
Tackle busts...... He is a Scream
Try assists ........He is a Scream
Tries scored ...... He is a Scream
When our team was getting thrashed one month ago his defensive efforts were a Scream

Keep Screaming @Ranga because no one can hear you feathered friend :)

* Everything about Parker screams 'Team First', the impact of which cannot be underestimated.*

WOW ???

His impact .... is a Scream
Line Breaks........ He is a Scream
Tackle busts...... He is a Scream
Try assists ........He is a Scream
Tries scored ...... He is a Scream
When our team was getting thrashed one month ago his defensive efforts were a Scream

You’re right. No one can hear me. But they can read and I am sure most here comprehended what I wrote. :)

You’re right. No one can hear me. But they can read and I am sure most here comprehended what I wrote. :)
I must say, I admire your loyalty and passion for your favourite Manly players
and we all have them :)

Gee I think some people are being very very harsh on Walker's on field exploits with us. Off the field - fair game he seems to be a goose. But gee on the field he has not had the chance to settle in at Centre because of our poor depth and injuries and I guess selection/recruitment problems. He has been asked to be jack of all trades - play at 5/8, play at fullback - his games at Centre have not been consistent and the injuries haven't helped obviously. He was one of the best Centres in the game when he came to us. Now should he come straight back in over the next few weeks - depends if we are winning and if we are then no... If we aren't or our outside attack is impotent on the left hand side like it was yesterday then he will have to. Is he as good as a defender as Parker - no way but does Parker have Walker's attacking skills... similarly no way. Will Parker win us a semi or GF - NO... but he might save one, but Walker might well win us one if he can stay fit.... if left at Centre and he still has his old speed. We will be giving away something no matter what the decision. If we are still winning then he comes back through Blacktown in my opinion. Parker played great yesterday BUT Walker busts through those tackles and scores those tries that Parker was chopped down before the line or as he was almost through the line. That is the reality and that is the difference. But yes - Walker needs to be judged on his efforts at Centre with a full strength side and Turbo there because every other player seems to be a dud when Turbo is not there so you can't just call Walker's defence out if the team didn't have Turbo in it when his defence was poor.... they were all hopeless in defence. Again just the reality. A tough decision to make but if we want to get to the semi's and win some then Walker has to be at left Centre IF he is fit AND still has that speed. A few IFs to be resolved over the next 4 to 6 weeks.
Needs more paragraphs

I can hear him and he is correct...Walker has been a stain on our jersey for 9 out of every 10 days he has owned it.
He does, and never has deserved to wear it!
Get rid of him.

How many of our revered legends would be cringing at what he has brought here and I will be flabbergasted if he is extended.

Last edited:
Agree if Walker and Lawton slot in and Walks manages to turn back the clock in attack we'd be much better off in attack against the big teams. As you said defence is the question! Maybe Walker still has it and i'd like to see him get a chance. I am unsure though whether he has any of the pace he used to though, he looked awfully slow at fullback.

But if it's still there (which it might very well be) he has been improving his passing game over the years at 5/8 so will be better for it when he plays at centre.
Walker had some explosive runs at fullback breaking the line a few times.. he looked slow at times because he was gassed, playing fb is very taxing. Shane Flanagan made a good point that walker is working hard at fullback but not getting the ball ie he was running from side to side in attack but not being used. When he plays center he wont be using all his energy chasing the ball. His defence is the only question. Parker was getting smoked a few weeks ago turbo getting in the line and talking at the back has helped big time. He definitely needs a shot parker has done well but doesn't have enough in attack... he's also too slow

I can hear him and he is correct...Walker has been a stain on our jersey for 9 out of every 10 days he has owned it.
He does, and never has deserved to wear it!
Get rid of him.

How many of our revered legends would be cringing at what he has brought here and I will be flabbergasted if he is extended.
Sorry - I agree Walker's behavour off the field is poor BUT in the day before mobile phone and back in our heyday of Eadie and Randall etc I am sure there were a lot of terrible off field incidents that went on that went unreported and our club and players would have been no different to what happens elsewhere across society and not much different to today and some great players of League and maybe even Manly probably did far worse than what Walker has done.

Members online

Latest posts

Team P W L PD Pts
3 3 0 48 6
3 2 1 45 4
3 2 1 28 4
3 2 1 22 4
3 2 1 15 4
3 2 1 14 4
2 1 1 13 4
3 2 1 10 4
2 1 1 6 4