Walker - It's Time to Repay

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.
Walker, it's time to fork off.

I keep hoping these underwhelming performances and criticisms will spur him to turn around. Nope. More mediocre garbage by the barrow-load.

I hope he gets dropped for Parker next week.
Parker is a far superior defender any day of the week, and prior to his injury he was even well above Walker offensively. He doesn't have the perceived ceiling nor x-factor that Walker has been cruising on, but I'm over giving chances to Walker. He reminds me of Stainarse in the Aussie cricket team

He is out of form, but he is also getting very ordinary service from customers, a centre like walker thrives on early and quality ball. Neither of which are happening from his 5/8.

Some may not agree, but I do. Its no coincidence that since he swapped sides with Suli, Moses playing outside of Siro and DCE has seen a rise in form while Walker has at times had to go searching for quality ball on the left.

Give him good ball out there and allow him to run straight and into more gaps and he is still dangerous. Crowd him and he tends to start running sideways which does no one any good.

His defence is becoming a liability though.

Some may not agree, but I do. Its no coincidence that since he swapped sides with Suli, Moses playing outside of Siro and DCE has seen a rise in form while Walker has at times had to go searching for quality ball on the left.
I saw Walker get some quality outside ball today. For example, in that last few minutes in today's game the ball was shifted wide to hime near half way with space and a retreating defense. What did he do with it? He ran 20 meters into a retreating defence. Great backline move to break the umbrella condensed defence (nothing to do with Walker's actual talent, Parker could have done the exact same thing. Where was his magic x-factor that we all keep excusing him for. It was a moment to win it for the team and silence the criticism.... Nope, couldn't do it, yet again. How long before we question his illusionary mythical "x-factor" status against the reality of performances? When was the last time he delivered this mythical x-status magic to justify the dollars and compromises we make for him?

I saw Walker get some quality outside ball today. For example, in that last few minutes in today's game the ball was shifted wide to hime near half way with space and a retreating defense. What did he do with it? He ran 20 meters into a retreating defence. Great backline move to break the umbrella condensed defence (nothing to do with Walker's actual talent, Parker could have done the exact same thing. Where was his magic x-factor that we all keep excusing him for. It was a moment to win it for the team and silence the criticism.... Nope, couldn't do it, yet again. How long before we question his illusionary mythical "x-factor" status against the reality of performances? When was the last time he delivered this mythical x-status magic to justify the dollars and compromises we make for him?

Not saying he gets no quality ball out on the left, but its few and far between lately. But you are right about that play late in the game.

Will be 2-3 weeks and ppl jump on the Walker train - he is our best attacking option outside Tom T....lets see how the season plays out....
So, we should just wait for that one-off wow twinkle toes performance, while in the meantime, cop below par garbage for weeks on end? When was Walker's last wow performance? How many weeks since that last wow performance have we been paying him for mediocrity? What's the point of him "being our best attacking option outside Tom T" if he delivers once a year (and I should add, I can't even remember a wow performance yet THIS year)? Is it worth the money he ties up in our salary cap? Is it worth the lost points that sometimes, like today, our team is not able to overcome?

And PS: even if he comes out with that one wow game between now and the season end, that may counteract the game he lost us today, but won't counteract anymore than that... like the other dozen games he failed to live up to hype.

I am a Walker fan, but he is still far from his 2017 form. I am starting to think our strongest backline this year might be Parker + Suli with Walker at five eighth. I know many will disagree based on his 2016 form, but his stint at six was okay in 2018. Handling the ball more often could help get his running game going & also he would be less likely to take wrong options than the less experienced Croker or Cust (especially). Both these players would be good value from the bench. Let's see what happens - maybe Des will move in this direction eventually.
You going after @1978 s record already? @:)

So, we should just wait for that one-off wow twinkle toes performance, while in the meantime, cop below par garbage for weeks on end? When was Walker's last wow performance? How many weeks since that last wow performance have we been paying him for mediocrity? What's the point of him "being our best attacking option outside Tom T" if he delivers once a year (and I should add, I can't even remember a wow performance yet THIS year)? Is it worth the money he ties up in our salary cap? Is it worth the lost points that sometimes, like today, our team is not able to overcome?

And PS: even if he comes out with that one wow game between now and the season end, that may counteract the game he lost us today, but won't counteract anymore than that... like the other dozen games he failed to live up to hype.
What “Wow” performance are you after - its not Americas Top Model....
It’s pretty simple that Walker is a good Attacking option.
Obviously Tom T is the strike X Factor player, but Walker is a damn good threat in attack also.
If you made a decent claim of rushing in defensively or something with a hint of truth, happy to back it....not sure about the garbage either, the entire Manly side have had a Red hot dig today and were unlucky not to get the 2 points.

What “Wow” performance are you after - its not Americas Top Model....
It’s pretty simple that Walker is a good Attacking option.
Obviously Tom T is the strike X Factor player, but Walker is a damn good threat in attack also.
If you made a decent claim of rushing in defensively or something with a hint of truth, happy to back it....not sure about the garbage either, the entire Manly side have had a Red hot dig today and were unlucky not to get the 2 points.
So, what exactly has been his "attacking option" we have seen this year?... you know, like any game this year?

Besides the memorable sideways runs which are my clearest memory of Walker with ball in hand this year.

Will Hoppa on similar money, week in, week out is a far better performer than Walker.
His attack, defense, ball skills and one-percent stuff kills Walker's...and he is Manly.

We can't keep waiting 24 weeks a year for Walker to have a better game than Will does EVERY WEEK!
Add to that his versatility to cover.

Bring him home to play with his kid brother next year Des.

You going after @1978 s record already? @:)

If that was the thread about playing Walker at five eighth, I disagreed with the idea at the time, but now I think it could strengthen the team. I like Cust, but think he has to learn not to overplay his hand. If Walker doesn't regain form this year, he may not be retained. For next year, we already have options in Funa (looked very good for Blacktown yesrerday), possibly Hopoate and maybe even Simona.

I expect that when Tom returns, unencumbered by injury or origin, suddenly we will see Walker in a bit more space and find out whether he's still a gun. Does need to work on his defensive reads though.

So, what exactly has been his "attacking option" we have seen this year?... you know, like any game this year?

Besides the memorable sideways runs which are my clearest memory of Walker with ball in hand this year.
To be honest Walker has not set the world on fire in 2019....I realise this....I feel he still has some explosive speed and at full strength with the extra attacking options Tom T adds, with defence compressing into him....we will see extra space out wide which Walker has the ability to exploit due to his pace.
If this is a debate on who has played better this season, I will back you 100% Parker has Walker covered - especially defensively where he has been great.
Just on Walker - agree he needs to improve, so there’s no argument there....I just have a feel he will improve and at his best is a vital cog to compete come finals time.

Will Hoppa on similar money, week in, week out is a far better performer than Walker.
His attack, defense, ball skills and one-percent stuff kills Walker's...and he is Manly.

We can't keep waiting 24 weeks a year for Walker to have a better game than Will does EVERY WEEK!
Add to that his versatility to cover.

Bring him home to play with his kid brother next year Des.
Will Hopoate isn't manly he left manly for money the first opportunity he got and hasn't looked back.

Latest posts

Team P W L PD Pts
3 3 0 48 6
3 2 1 45 4
3 2 1 28 4
3 2 1 22 4
3 2 1 15 4
3 2 1 14 4
2 1 1 13 4
3 2 1 10 4
2 1 1 6 4
3 2 1 -3 4