Walker critics be gone

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.
  • We have been getting regular requests for users who have been locked out of their accounts because they have changed email adresses over the lifetime of their accounts. Please make sure the email address under your account is your current and correct email address in order to avoid this in the future. You can set your email address at https://silvertails.net/account/account-details
  • Wwe are currently experience some server issues which I am working through and hoping to resolve soon, Please bare with me whilst I work through making some changes and possible intermittent outages.
  • Apologies all our server was runing rogue. I managed to get us back to a point from 2:45 today though there is an attachment issue i will fix shortly. Things should be smooth now though

Kevinward777

First Grader
I'm sick of hearing how its "like the Nazis" & "a new apartheid" - if the people dreaming up these comparisons spent the same effort educating themselves on the benefits of the vaccination instead of trying to incite emotional response they'd probably understand it's not a conspiracy theory or whatever they believe it is.
There are MANY doctors, scientists and immunologists who are vehemently opposed to the vaccine. Have you listened to any of them or read their research?:Im not talking about internet "Karen's" either. I can post a compelling list of names of these men and women if you like. They are brave souls who have lost everything by voicing genuine concern.

The very thing one Nobel prize winning scientist said would transpire has now occurred. God help us all if the rest of his information comes to pass.

Last edited:

47MVEagle

Bencher
There are MANY doctors, scientists and immunologists who are vehemently opposed to the vaccine. Have you listened to any of them or read their research?:Im not talking about internet "Karen's" either. I can post a compelling list of names of these men and women if you like. They are brave souls who have lost everything by voicing genuine concern.
Just to clarify, I have no problem with people who are vaccine hesitant or have genuine reasons (medical or bad experience) for not getting vaccinated.

My issue is with the conspiracy theorists & fearmongers who are throwing so much misinformation around that it's causing anyone who is hesitant to believe the vaccine is bad.

lsz

First Grader
Staff member
Just to clarify, I have no problem with people who are vaccine hesitant or have genuine reasons (medical or bad experience) for not getting vaccinated.

My issue is with the conspiracy theorists & fearmongers who are throwing so much misinformation around that it's causing anyone who is hesitant to believe the vaccine is bad.
Agree 100%

There is work to be done on the hesitant people who need more information / assistance. Anti vaxers are a very different case

I suspect the delay is due to the NRL refusing to make vaccination mandatory amongst their employees (knowing full well pressure will be exerted upon them by external factors such as state laws, airline rules, etc) & not clearly stating what each club's legal & contractual rights & responsibilities are in regards to unvaccinated players who will only be able to play what - 8 or 9 games a season?
yes the fact nobody has signed him is all strange

madmax

Bencher
I really couldn’t care less for anyone that refuses the jab! Their choice & they suffer the consequences. Like I posted elsewhere there are some antivaxxers that don’t mind getting tattoos & injecting poison ink into their bodies, others that use Botox injections, some that smoke. Their bodies their choice. They moan about their rights & how they shouldn’t be forced to take the jab…that’s fine. Smoking was banned in offices, buildings, aircraft, ships, public transport, pubs & clubs & life continued. The population accepted it! It’s the same with Covid….it’s a risk to your health just as smoking is & prominent doctors, scientists, professors around the globe have hard evidence that getting the jab will decrease the risk of people getting violently sick & dying from Covid. Nothing is 100% guaranteed but the virus has killed millions of people around the globe as has smoking! Should people refuse the jab then it’s a risk they take. I bet when / if they need life saving surgery they’ll take any jab they need! They won’t mind anaesthetic or pain killing injections then will they. My main concern is that these people can spread the virus to those who genuinely cannot have the jab due to health conditions. Should any one choose to not vaccinate / immunise children against horrible diseases then they should also accept they are responsible for any deaths due to their beliefs & suffer the consequences! Just my opinion.

You do realise what you experienced was your body fighting the virus (or virus simulant depending what jab you got)?

I got the AZ jab & was sick as a dog after the first shot - from about 8 hours after getting it, I had severe cold & flu symptoms (migraine, sweats, chills, dehydration, aches & pains all over) for almost exactly 36 hours.

I had no such reactions to the second shot, which suggests my immune system has now developed resistance to COVID.

That's the idea of a vaccine - it introduces a tiny part (or simulant) of whatever virus it is supposed to protect you from so your body can fight it & produce resistance to it in the event the real thing comes along.

That's why people who get the flu shot sometimes get sick, but for vulnerable people, I daresay the potentially unpleasant experience of a vaccine far outweighs the risks of catching the real virus as it could be life-threatening.
I felt absolutely nothing after my first shot, does that mean my own immune system was already strong enough to fight it? Does that also mean if I got Covid prior to the vaccine there would have been a very good chance I would have had very few, if any symptoms? Not being a smart ass, a serious question.

Mark from Brisbane

“ Boomer still Booming”
Premium Member
Tipping Member
You do realise what you experienced was your body fighting the virus (or virus simulant depending what jab you got)?

I got the AZ jab & was sick as a dog after the first shot - from about 8 hours after getting it, I had severe cold & flu symptoms (migraine, sweats, chills, dehydration, aches & pains all over) for almost exactly 36 hours.

I had no such reactions to the second shot, which suggests my immune system has now developed resistance to COVID.

That's the idea of a vaccine - it introduces a tiny part (or simulant) of whatever virus it is supposed to protect you from so your body can fight it & produce resistance to it in the event the real thing comes along.

That's why people who get the flu shot sometimes get sick, but for vulnerable people, I daresay the potentially unpleasant experience of a vaccine far outweighs the risks of catching the real virus as it could be life-threatening.
Exactly , good mate of mine is a Dr, now retired.

I spoke to him before getting AZ, he told me to expect to feel off colour but if you do that’s perfect , it’s your body doing it job as it’s supposed to do !!

Most don’t get that !!

Mark from Brisbane

“ Boomer still Booming”
Premium Member
Tipping Member
I felt absolutely nothing after my first shot, does that mean my own immune system was already strong enough to fight it? Does that also mean if I got Covid prior to the vaccine there would have been a very good chance I would have had very few, if any symptoms? Not being a smart ass, a serious question.
If you had Pfizer, that’s exactly how it works , the second shot will be different.

AZ is the reverse , first shot is worse , second is easy peasy!!

Brookie Bob

"I come back to you now at the turn of the tide"
As I am part of a Covid19 vaccination team I can tell you - nothing to worry about. Responses vary amongst individuals. It's not an indication either way re: the status of your immune system.

Please remember to get your booster shot 6 months after your second vaccination.

I've had all 3 (including the booster) - I didn't even have a sore arm.

40 nil

It's only a game ...
My main concern is that these people can spread the virus to those who genuinely cannot have the jab due to health conditions.
As we know, these vaccines are not fool proof as even the double vaccinated can spread the virus

"Data from COVID-19 tests in the United States, the United Kingdom and Singapore are showing that vaccinated people who become infected with Delta SARS-CoV-2 can carry as much virus in their nose as do unvaccinated people. This means that despite the protection offered by vaccines, a proportion of vaccinated people can pass on Delta, possibly aiding its rise. People who have a Delta virus and happen to have ‘breakthrough’ infections can carry these really high levels of virus, and can unwittingly spread the virus to others,” says David O’Connor, a virologist at the University of Wisconsin–Madison.

manly al

First Grader
As we know, these vaccines are not fool proof as even the double vaccinated can spread the virus

"Data from COVID-19 tests in the United States, the United Kingdom and Singapore are showing that vaccinated people who become infected with Delta SARS-CoV-2 can carry as much virus in their nose as do unvaccinated people. This means that despite the protection offered by vaccines, a proportion of vaccinated people can pass on Delta, possibly aiding its rise. People who have a Delta virus and happen to have ‘breakthrough’ infections can carry these really high levels of virus, and can unwittingly spread the virus to others,” says David O’Connor, a virologist at the University of Wisconsin–Madison.

so continuing to wear face masks in many instances can still play an important role in suppressing the different strains of it or have i missed something

40 nil

It's only a game ...
so continuing to wear face masks in many instances can still play an important role in suppressing the different strains of it or have i missed something
Yes, that is what I understand. Vaccinated persons may be infected, but asymptomatic, and thus can unwittingly pass the virus on to others.

A new vaccine, Engeneic, being developed in Australia is said to cope with all mutant strains of covid, doesn't cause reactions in those with auto immune deficiencies, is in oral powder form (mix with water) & has a long shelf life

madmax

Bencher

Yes I understand mate but by getting vaccinated the chance of getting Covid decreases compared to the those not vaccinated. At the end of the day we want to decrease the possibility of this virus spreading faster than it should & by vaccination it’s exactly what it does….I believe the positives of vaccination heavily out weigh the negatives. It’s a difficult dilemma & one which will take quite a while to work thru!

Lyonstomenzies

Bencher
Premium Member
Its like Berlin in 1939... all we need is the goose stepping down george st and a maniac with a dirty Sanchez and we are there!

Scomo said no one will be forced to take the jab, few months later its been forced on all of us.
I have never replied to someone on here and used derogatory remarks, but for you to compare nazi Germany to Australians getting a vaccination for something that could kill you makes me think you are not very well educated in history.
Your comments are quite offensive as the estimated 6 millions people whom died at the hands of the nazis is nothing like Scomo asking Australia to get a jab.
You might want to check your vaccination history because chances are you are already vaccinated for polio, rubella, tetanus, hep A, hep B and whooping cough.
You getting sick and showing symptoms from the vaccination is your bodies way of fighting the virus so chances are if you got the virus without getting a vaccinated you would have been one of those that would have been hospitalised.
You probably needed the vaccinated more than others if you showed symptoms.

Shoe1

Journey Man
So, by your own account - all the people who are vaccine hesitant are binge drinking, drug using, smokers who eat take out while lying on the couch. Would you kindly provide evidence that supports this claim?
Also heavily tattooed. They will only accept needles in their body if it results in a permanent drawing of a skull, snake or name of a loved one, with poor spelling.

Also if the needle delivers heroin or speed that is fine too, for some.

BOZO

Journey Man
Tipping Member
So, by your own account - all the people who are vaccine hesitant are binge drinking, drug using, smokers who eat take out while lying on the couch. Would you kindly provide evidence that supports this claim?
Full of evidence evidence at pubs , clubs , take aways and we know footy players drink like fish .

The Effects of Alcohol on Your Body​

Alcohol’s impact on your body starts from the moment you take your first sip. While an occasional glass of wine with dinner isn’t a cause for concern, the cumulative effects of drinking wine, beer, or spirits can take its toll.
Read on to learn the effects of alcohol on your body.

Australia is also rated 5th out of 23 countries in obesity rate which is National health concern
Being over your healthy weight can also lead to high blood pressure , heart issues , diabetes , stroke , kidney disease etc

Last edited:

lsz

First Grader
Staff member
I have never replied to someone on here and used derogatory remarks, but for you to compare nazi Germany to Australians getting a vaccination for something that could kill you makes me think you are not very well educated in history.
Your comments are quite offensive as the estimated 6 millions people whom died at the hands of the nazis is nothing like Scomo asking Australia to get a jab.
You might want to check your vaccination history because chances are you are already vaccinated for polio, rubella, tetanus, hep A, hep B and whooping cough.
You getting sick and showing symptoms from the vaccination is your bodies way of fighting the virus so chances are if you got the virus without getting a vaccinated you would have been one of those that would have been hospitalised.
This touches pretty close to home as both of my mothers parents were holocaust survivors.

I grew up hearing the stories of what they had to endure, the family they and we lost (we are talking about generations) and toll it took on them for the rest of their lives.

Ultimately that poster is nothing more than a troll but to see some people wear a yellow star makes me sick to my stomach.

manly al

First Grader
I know a couple of people who are in this position and they are really worried.
Very unfortunate aspect of it , maybe just regular face mask wearing and minimizing contact with larger gatherings until the threat factor or any possible virus threat factor is reduced or largely eliminated .

manly al

First Grader
Relevant post but in terms of Nazi atrocities and barbarity , more then 6 million? , try many tens of millions including over 20 mil Soviet civilians

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Team P W L PD Pts
14 11 3 103 26
14 10 4 118 24
14 10 4 78 24
15 9 6 161 20
14 8 6 60 20
14 7 7 63 18
14 7 7 37 18
15 8 7 -8 18