Walker cleared to play.

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.
Expolsion should read Expulsion .... and the cycle is broken

If only it was that simple
I don't want to get deep on this but it's not simple.

Systems of control are not rooted in violence, violence is a result

I'm not an expert, but the psychology runs so deep here

He hasn't been found yet to have done anything wrong.
Let the magistrate decide his fate. Only then will the NRL have the law on their side to make a judgement.
Any pre-judging of Walker by an ill-informed NRL, or public opinion, could lead to law suits for wrongful dismissal, imo.
I could be wrong but I would imagine BE is also referring to Walker’s door punching episode, his continual onfield sledging (culminating in the punch from Scott) and his overdose (albeit done while contracted to Souths).

I'm surprised to hear people in this day and age playing down Dometic Violence. "It's only pulling her hair". Are you serious? What a weak view of domestic violence and intimidation.

Intimidating a woman is bad enough. Even verbally.... But physically dragging a woman to the ground... With their baby in her arms!!! ....by her hair is a dog act. It's pathetic. Scum.

There is no place in the game, let alone Manly, for domestic violence. Especially those players who are repeat rule breakers....

If it were up to me, a line in the sand would be drawn today and anyone found guilty of domestic violence would never play league again.

I really want to say only one thing here, giving this the male dominated view of "doing X to a woman" is not healthy, many people are abused and it can be male to male, male to female or female to male

Objectification is the problem

I don't want to get deep on this but it's not simple.

Systems of control are not rooted in violence, violence is a result

I'm not an expert, but the psychology runs so deep here
I was just being a smart alec because the word Explosion was misspelt as Expolsion on his graphic.

Just because he hasn’t been found guilty doesn’t mean Toddy can’t/ won’t act. Pearce / Bubbler/ Monaghan all got lengthy suspensions for beinging the game into disrepute even though there was no criminal offence or even a suggestion of one.

Won’t be hard for Toddy to say there is enough Prima Facie evidence to say Dylan brought the game into disrepute( no doubt reminding everyone of his past exploits as well) and slap a lengthy suspension on him which might magically expire on the date of the next hearing.Dylan has a fair body of work over the years( although not as comprehensive a CV as Bubbler ) for Toddy to pounce on, just like he dispatched the Bubbler .Good luck arguing against the highlly ambiguous and all encompassing “ bringing the game into disrepute”. It was designed as a catch all phrase and will be used as one.
I respect your opinion and you are probably correct.
So how come Greg Inglis wasn't suspended by the NRL?
What about Napa?
Walker does have form so it doesn't look good for him. However, as far as I know, de Belin is a cleanskin....
There are so many inconsistencies a decision of this importance shouldn't be left to one man; it should be left to an independent 'umpire'. In these cases that means a judge or magistrate.

If he’s found not guilty, we won’t be able to sack him even if the club wanted to. I’d imagine he would sue for wrongful dismissal and he would get a payout and another club would sign him in an instant.

If he is found guilty (which I now doubt after his fiancés testimony) then I’m sure we would sack him and hopefully the NRL would deregister him so no other club signs him.

I doubt he’d get a lifetime ban from the NRL if he’s found guilty, rather than a 2 year ban or so. He’s very young and I can see him coming back after some time out of the game.

But for now, he’ll be on our books but doubt we’d sign him again after his current contract anyway. He’s had a few incidents now in his young career.

Players are sacked all the time for bringing the club into disrepute he doesn't need to be found guilty for the club to turf him. Barba just recently no charges yet had his contract torn up.

Please think before you post in this thread so we don't have to delete it all.

Speculation is not ok. Known and reported facts only. I'm away so can't keep a close eye on this one but we will be trying

B8F20012-A737-4097-9B8C-69F1767455B6.jpeg
Looks strong, a few to come back!

I respect your opinion and you are probably correct.
So how come Greg Inglis wasn't suspended by the NRL?
What about Napa?
Walker does have form so it doesn't look good for him. However, as far as I know, de Belin is a cleanskin....
There are so many inconsistencies a decision of this importance shouldn't be left to one man; it should be left to an independent 'umpire'. In these cases that means a judge or magistrate.
Yep

But it is left to one man unfortunately Who. A man with the intelligence of a gnat and a clear bias against Manly.... hence my view of what will happen not what I think should happen.

Having said all this even a man who has many times the IQ of Our Lordship would struggle with this

It is the ultimate can of worms.

What happens if Walker is stood down and we get compensated the salary cap amount his being paid and use that money to buy a new player.
Come May and he is found not guilty with no convictions against him.
Surely he must be allowed back but does that push us over the cap, surely you can't be punished for that.

Trial adjourned until sometime in May .,still haven’t got through all witnesses
Whether or not walker will be free to play before that date is up for debate on Thursday with the ALRC meeting to discuss its policy on standing down players

I think was is most disappointing about the whole affair is that Dylan has put our club front and centre yet again over negative headlines. If he is guilty of this then his future is sealed, the NRL are not going to allow him to play or any other player play over any domestic violence charge. Interesting that they allow players who have done much more serious things play like Lodge from the Donkeys, I still want the NRL to justify why that guy is playing?

Players need to also have a duty of care to their employer and the way social media is today it does not take a lot for things to be blown totally out of proportion. It is a shame that we now must wait till May before this is moved forward.

Interesting what happens next. All the same another bad day for the code of rugby league!

As much as I love snake, he was very lucky to get off. If the victim did not have any mental health issues, and her father wasn’t a known liar, I dare say the result would have gone the other way. I think walker is in deep trouble and there is a lot more evidence against him
Brett was carved up by that family and he lost two years of his life fighting the charge that a judge promptly through out of court. He will never get that time back or the money he would have earned as he was the face of the game in 2009, the money he lost cant be counted and the toll it took on him mentally changed his character and the sad thing is the accusers got away with this injustice!!

Walkers contract runs out at end of the year with us in 2019, whatever the verdict I highly doubt we will be seeking to continue to keep him on our books as well as api I just don’t see these 2 in Des’s future plans.

Team P W L PD Pts
7 6 1 99 14
8 6 2 66 14
7 6 1 54 14
8 5 2 39 11
8 5 3 64 10
7 4 3 49 10
8 4 4 73 8
7 3 4 17 8
8 4 4 -14 8
8 4 4 -16 8
8 3 5 -55 8