Walker cleared to play.

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.
  • We have been getting regular requests for users who have been locked out of their accounts because they have changed email adresses over the lifetime of their accounts. Please make sure the email address under your account is your current and correct email address in order to avoid this in the future. You can set your email address at https://silvertails.net/account/account-details
I think as well you will find this case won’t have a final verdict today, just a hunch but I could be wrong.
I really don't think it matters too much at this point.
Enough has been released of the court proceedings today for the media and public to make up their minds. I will be shocked if Dylan is playing come round one. The final verdict will only determine the length of time on the sidelines and whether he returns to Manly.

So is there some sort of threshold of earnings, where DV becomes acceptable?

Seriously guys, we need to draw a line in the sand.
DV is unacceptable, regardless of any variable.

Not saying that. What I'm saying is the greater family unit needs to be taken into consideration, when it comes to any punishment or verdict.
It can't be a simple matter of "kick him out for life". Society gets it. DV BOTH ways is unacceptable (although female to male DV is very
unspoken about and accepted today too easily).

It's the remedial activities that need to be tested, and the affect those activities have on victims (potentially), if a couples relationship is worth
saving or continuing.

So the fight started cos she asked him if he wanted a fork or a spoon for his dinner, he ignores her cos he is so involved in the game, she cracks the ****s and its ON like donkey Kong. Wow, how easy things can go pear shaped.

Who knows what else happened during the day that increased the tension to the point that a question about a utensil would tip things over the edge. However whatever she did or said the fact that she was holding their baby and he didn't have enough restraint to make sure that no harm would come to his child is the worst bit and indefensible.

and to all you other drama queens .... get some perspective ... there is a big difference between saying pulling your partners hair is at the lower end of any violence scale ... and condoning violence ...
Woodsie, this is what he did IN PUBLIC.
Why do you think she was running outside?
Because every DV victim knows it’s safer on the street than in the ‘privacy’ of your own home.

I want to know if the NRL will allow us to use his salary cap amount to buy some other player like they are saying to St George.
Yes, we need him on the field but personally, I think he should be rubbed out of the game along with any other player with serious charges against them.
The NRL is trying to clean up its image and given players multi-able chances pushes families away.

It may be enough for some players to think, Nah I'm not going to react as my 10 year $800,000 a season job is important to me if they have it in the back of the minds any serious charges means all that is gone.

Not saying that. What I'm saying is the greater family unit needs to be taken into consideration, when it comes to any punishment or verdict.
It can't be a simple matter of "kick him out for life". Society gets it. DV BOTH ways is unacceptable (although female to male DV is very

It's the remedial activities that need to be tested, and the affect those activities have on victims (potentially), if a couples relationship is worth
saving or continuing.

I totally disagree on this point. One of the reasons these high-earning sportsmen get away with this stuff is precisely because of the money - it’s a variable that the victim is taking into account that can trump the safety considerations for her (and any child/ren), when it shouldn’t. She’ll be weighing up - if I leave/report him etc, I lose mine and the kids’ standard of living. On a related note, I wonder how long Ben Barba’s partner will stick around now they’re back living in his parents’ housing commission place, and the $$$ aren’t in play anymore.

NRL players (and other highly paid abusers) are already getting away with a higher threshold of abuse BECAUSE of what they earn. They don’t need any more leeway.

saving or continuing.
I understand what you are saying but does that potentially mean that someone earning less would suffer different consequences as the potential impact on the family is different?

To be honest I think it is next to impossible to have a blanket rule in these circumstances - each case needs to be treated individually with transparency

Speaking of female on male DV, I recently read of a woman in England being jailed for 7 years for abusing her husband over a period of several years.

I totally disagree on this point. One of the reasons these high-earning sportsmen get away with this stuff is precisely because of the money - it’s a variable that the victim is taking into account that can trump the safety considerations for her (and any child/ren), when it shouldn’t. She’ll be weighing up - if I leave/report him etc, I lose mine and the kids’ standard of living. On a related note, I wonder how long Ben Barba’s partner will stick around now they’re back living in his parents’ housing commission place, and the $$$ aren’t in play anymore.

NRL players (and other highly paid abusers) are already getting away with a higher threshold of abuse BECAUSE of what they earn. They don’t need any more leeway.
Ben Barba can get a job like all of us have had to do. He and his wife should just think of the money he earned from RL as like winning Lotto, which they may have blown by thinking the good times would last forever. Now he just has to work hard, and she has to stick by him because marriage is a partnership. If she leaves simply because less money is coming in then she is not much of a human.
Obviously, if Barba is 'out of control' then she should leave. But a monetary reason is not sufficient to break up a family imo.

They can also afford the best legal counsel too.

REMINDER!
The issues raised in this thread clearly arouse strong feelings but abusing other posters is not acceptable on this forum.
Please stick to discussing the issues without making it personal.

He did that in public with eyewitnesses when she is holding his baby I would hate to see what he would get up to behind close doors with no 1 watching. He doesn't deserve to be wearing our jersey and so I'm not a hypocrite I'm on record saying that AFB should not have been signed and I also wanted tetevano out of the club.
As a club we should have zero tolerance.

Your fully entitled to your opinion ... and as long as you stay consistent ... power to you ...

I also dislike violent offenders .... domestic or otherwise ala Wighton .... I just happen to think there are levels of offending ....

Damian Ryan‏Verified account @DamoNews 37m37 minutes ago
This could be interesting !! Dylan Walker is charged with assaulting fiancé Alex Ivkovic ... they came to court together hand in hand now she is in the witness box .. what will she say ?? @9NewsSyd
https://twitter.com/DamoNews/status/1100233325078147072
Damian Ryan‏Verified account @DamoNews 14m14 minutes ago
Dylan Walters’s fiancé who he is charged with assaulting tells court .. he didn’t pull my hair .. “ I recall things differently now “ @9NewsSyd
https://twitter.com/DamoNews/status/1100239065612410880

Damian Ryan‏Verified account @DamoNews 37m37 minutes ago
This could be interesting !! Dylan Walker is charged with assaulting fiancé Alex Ivkovic ... they came to court together hand in hand now she is in the witness box .. what will she say ?? @9NewsSyd
https://twitter.com/DamoNews/status/1100233325078147072
Damian Ryan‏Verified account @DamoNews 14m14 minutes ago
Dylan Walters’s fiancé who he is charged with assaulting tells court .. he didn’t pull my hair .. “ I recall things differently now “ @9NewsSyd
https://twitter.com/DamoNews/status/1100239065612410880
This will make or break the case her testimony on the witness box

Woodsie, this is what he did IN PUBLIC.
Why do you think she was running outside?
Because every DV victim knows it’s safer on the street than in the ‘privacy’ of your own home.

You are possibly 100% correct ..... but we can not convict and punish some one for what we think may be the case or what statistics tell us may happen in the future ....... we can only deal with what is known ....

and no matter how unsavoury ... what is known is at the lower end of an assault ..... and that is all that he can be judged on ...

Latest posts

Team P W L PD Pts
7 6 1 99 14
8 6 2 66 14
7 6 1 54 14
8 5 2 39 11
8 5 3 64 10
7 4 3 49 10
8 4 4 73 8
7 3 4 17 8
8 4 4 -14 8
8 4 4 -16 8