Walker cleared to play.

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.
I just don't think it's as simple as people suggest here. There's more to take into consideration (like the wider family, and children).
Your right! what about the wider community of people watching; who will then then gauge their own behavior against Dylan's to determine what is an "acceptable" level of abuse (i.e won't cost them their job)? How will that affect their family and children?

Why would using another domestic violence offenders story of redemption change anything?

He shouldn't have played the game either. Outed forever is definitely the way I would have played it.

Is it great he hasnt kicked his Mrs again...? Yep. Does it change what he did? Nope. Are we sure he will never repeat offend? Nope.

Until the game draws a line in the sand Ryan, you will never deter these stupid boys from making horrible decisions...
Giving every player 1 chance for DV is a weak way to approach the issue.

Kicking a female...? Another dog act.

Not disagreeing with you mate on the players. But what do you say about how these punishments affect the children and wives? That's what everyone is overlooking,
as though it's just such a simple answer - ban them for life. It's way more complex mate

Also, appreciate you keeping our debate respectful, mate. There's been an awfully bogan smell about these forums of late.

This is in no way a reference to Dylan’s case Ryan as I don’t know what went on but if you think property and assets are meaningful in very serious DV cases you are dead wrong.

I had a friend who died in a DV incident after multiple similar incidents. Believe me the women in these cases in almost all cases stay due to fear , not losing assets!!! Jesus most are happy to get out with their faces intact and no fear of reprisals

And the children who hide under the bed when Mum is getting assaulted? You reckon they give a toss about assets.

The best thing that happens to the families in their life is generally never seeing these blokes again.

The clowns who do this stuff and seriously hurt women , and most are repeat offenders , are scum.

Last edited:
Your right! what about the wider community of people watching; who will then then gauge their own behavior against Dylan's to determine what is an acceptable level of abuse (i.e won't cost them their job)? How will that affect their family and children?

By watching the redemption of said player. The rehabilitation. The remorse. It shows growth. Not everyone CAN be changed, or would feel apologetic - I get that (and these players need to be rubbed out, yes). By the way, on record, I don't condone DV in any way whatsoever. My father was an absolute pig before he gave me away as a child to my Aunt. He used to beat the crap out of me mother and brother. So I know first hand the horrible nature of it.

This is in no way a reference to Dylan’s case Ryan as I don’t know what went on but if you think property and assets are meaningful in very serious DV cases you are dead wrong.

I had a friend who died in a DV incident after multiple similar incidents. Believe me the women in these cases in almost all cases stay due to fear , not losing assets!!! Jesus most are happy to get out with their faces intact and no fear of reprisals

And the children who hide under the bed when Mum is getting assaulted? You reckon they give a toss about assets.

The best thing that happens to the families in their life is generally never seeing these blokes again.

The clowns who do this stuff and seriously hurt women , and most are repeat offenders , are scum.

From what I see on social media, hear from people who know the couple, they are truly in love, and happy. But, I agree with most of what you said there sue.

Hey I’m not referring to this case. You may be right.Hope they get it together if he’s not a serial offender.

Just saying in a general sense that i don’t think the property assets etc would even enter the mind of women and children who are subject to serious abuse.

From what I see on social media, hear from people who know the couple, they are truly in love, and happy. But, I agree with most of what you said there sue.
Cycle-of-Violence-v3.jpg

As a side issue. Men are subject to domestic violence too. It's not all one way.
If you've watched Married At First Site you would have seen 4-5 women committing verbal assaults on their 'husbands'.
In real life I wonder just what percentage are women the perpetrators? I'd imagine very few men would report such instances, so the official figures will be skewed.

By watching the redemption of said player. The rehabilitation. The remorse. It shows growth. Not everyone CAN be changed, or would feel apologetic - I get that (and these players need to be rubbed out, yes). By the way, on record, I don't condone DV in any way whatsoever. My father was an absolute pig before he gave me away as a child to my Aunt. He used to beat the crap out of me mother and brother. So I know first hand the horrible nature of it.
Jeez Ryan. Tough mate. That's so sad to hear. Good on you for dealing with it as best you could/can. I think most here had a tough (some more than others) upbringing. I was intimidated and assaulted by my Father. Truth was he didn't know any better and the times I am speaking of were pretty repressive and weird.

And I left a bit out of my previous story. The perpetrator then killed another friend of mine who was in the house then suicided after killing his daughter as well.

My brother has been a senior detective for forty years in major crime / drugs /vice. Still thinks the most dangerous situations he has faced are DV situations.

The good news is that society has lifted the lid on this stuff and no longer is it swept under the carpet like in my childhood .

So AFB, Tetevano, Walker should all be immediately banned for life from their careers (at 19 years old AFB was).
Also bear in mind, it's these guys footy careers helping their respective family units (and children), so not only
have the women suffered from the violence, they then get punished with a reduced lifestyle (possibly losing assets, property, income)

You happy to punish the victims in this as well, by just saying, "let them dig holes".

I just don't think it's as simple as people suggest here. There's more to take into consideration (like the wider family, and children).

Walker losing his job potentially costs his family 800k per year. Fair enough if you don't want him to receive that, but what about his wife and newborn?
Kick them out on the street maybe?

Absolutely happy playing NRL is a privilege not a right. They can earn a dollar in another way. Kick them out in the street no,the guy get's a job like the rest of the world. Just because someone earns 800k they don't get a pass.

As a side issue. Men are subject to domestic violence too. It's not all one way.
If you've watched Married At First Site you would have seen 4-5 women committing verbal assaults on their 'husbands'.
In real life I wonder just what percentage are women the perpetrators? I'd imagine very few men would report such instances, so the official figures will be skewed.
My partner subjects me to abuse by making me watch MAFS (of course I just get up and leave when I've had enough - around 2mins). That being said, your right, and here is a great read on the subject if your interested:
https://www.theage.com.au/lifestyle...t-married-at-first-sight-20190225-p5105n.html
(of course violence and abuse of any sort should never justify the same in kind.)

Some pretty rough examples in here guys. Sorry y'all had to endure that stuff.

@MuzztheEagle , maybe not so much about being forced to watch MAFS mate.At least you get to watch Innes, the hotty.

So AFB, Tetevano, Walker should all be immediately banned for life from their careers (at 19 years old AFB was).
Also bear in mind, it's these guys footy careers helping their respective family units (and children), so not only
have the women suffered from the violence, they then get punished with a reduced lifestyle (possibly losing assets, property, income)

You happy to punish the victims in this as well, by just saying, "let them dig holes".

Walker losing his job potentially costs his family 800k per year. Fair enough if you don't want him to receive that, but what about his wife and newborn?
Kick them out on the street maybe?

So is there some sort of threshold of earnings, where DV becomes acceptable?

Seriously guys, we need to draw a line in the sand.
DV is unacceptable, regardless of any variable.

Staff online

• Jethro
    Star Trekkin' across the universe

Members online

Latest posts

Team P W L PD Pts
7 6 1 54 14
6 5 1 59 12
8 5 2 39 11
6 4 2 53 10
6 4 2 30 10
8 4 4 73 8