Walker cleared to play.

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.
  • We have been getting regular requests for users who have been locked out of their accounts because they have changed email adresses over the lifetime of their accounts. Please make sure the email address under your account is your current and correct email address in order to avoid this in the future. You can set your email address at https://silvertails.net/account/account-details
  • Wwe are currently experience some server issues which I am working through and hoping to resolve soon, Please bare with me whilst I work through making some changes and possible intermittent outages.
  • Apologies all our server was runing rogue. I managed to get us back to a point from 2:45 today though there is an attachment issue i will fix shortly. Things should be smooth now though

Highflier

Bencher
Premium Member
Tipping Member
No way, Manly (Des) won't let them sit on this, decision Monday, in the team tuesday..
I just cant see any reason why DW will not be able to play as of next week.There would be zero justifciation for that unless there is more of the The Greenturd and Beatoff show where they make up a new rule just to prove they can .He should be the 1st picked and available to play next week esp since he has already missed 9 weeks !!!

Scorpio

Armchair Expert
yes but shouldn't we of been given cap compensation ,thats one of the main points of this BS system that the player is stood down ,but the club at least doesnt feel it in the cap ,even though they dont have the player

This is my understanding:

1. The player still gets paid and included on the salary cap, despite not being able to play any matches while 'stood down'.

2. If we wanted, we would have had to apply to the NRL for salary cap exemption for this period (however long that may be, which is ridiculous because no one can be certain of this). Exemption not automatically granted, and even if it was, we would have to pay for it (not the NRL).

3. The success or failure of that application for salary cap exemption is decided at the sole discretion of Todd Greenberg.

I am not 100% certain, but I don't believe we ever applied for salary cap exemption, so in that case we should not have any issues with our cap.

yokahontas

Bencher
Fair enough and you can state suspicions, which I must admit I also have, but as I said the court has made a judgement and to say things definitively that besmirches character is fraught with danger. Newspapers do it all the time, but they get sued for it as I've mentioned. But its water off a ducks back to them. They will as I said make money on the next story to cover the losses. Individuals like us don't have that luxury. If Walker was to read entries in Silvertails and noted his character being besmirched without justification, he would be free to take action.

I’m basing my opinion off the 000 call, what’s been shown of the police bodycam footage, and the neighbours’ statements - all of which are now part of the public record.

The fact that (the usual) public reconciliation and withdrawing of accusations took place doesn’t mean absolutely reprehensible behaviour didn’t take place; it means the case came down to he + she said vs what other witnesses/evidence said, and made ‘beyond reasonable doubt’ a tough ask.

Still more than happy for him to look elsewhere for his next contract, because there sure as hell won’t be any learning from the latest bout of zero consequences. The next one can be someone else’s problem.

TimmyQ

Bencher
Walkers charge did not qualify under the NRL's new no fault policy. Toddy used his Captains call to suspend Walker.
Yet Toddy did not use Captains call for Chee Kam beating up a taxi driver.

Walker found innocent. Chee Kam found guilty.

How is Toddy going to explain this?

Politicians have had to resign over social media posts, surely Toddy needs to resign over this complete fuk up.
Walker has form mate. The fiasco when he nearly died having colas and prescription drugs with his mate Aaron Gray, beating up doors ... not a cleanskin

Ranga

Bencher
Tipping Member
Could any of legal eagles amongst us please let me know how this scenario would work?

Let’s say Walker re-signs with Manly on a drastically reduced contract.

De-Belin is successful and it’s found the no fault rule is unlawful.

Could Dylan argue that the reduction in his value was a direct consequence of the NRL’s actions and sue them for the difference and maybe some extra for defamation?
Some off the cuff thoughts - I think it will be difficult for Dylan to pursue what you’re contemplating (eg, is it the charges or the stand down that caused him loss??? Not to mention establishing loss would be hard unless he had a contract pulled because of the stand down).

He is much better served getting out there and playing like the centre everyone knows he can be. 4 games of stellar form will more than likely restore his value on the market. In this respect he can take control of his future, unlike JDB who simply has to wait and see...

Jigzkiller

Bencher
Today is the day I give the game the flick. Walker is "innocent" just like bird,barba,inglis and many more and because he wears our jersey some celebrate the decision? Yet the same people call the others scum (as they are). Had a great time supporting the club but the haste with which the club wants to reinstate this grub with turns my stomach.
Thanks Dan for the forum I have loved posting and sure will miss it but cannot and will not support a club that has walker part of the squad.

Kevinward777

First Grader
I’m basing my opinion off the 000 call, what’s been shown of the police bodycam footage, and the neighbours’ statements - all of which are now part of the public record.

The fact that (the usual) public reconciliation and withdrawing of accusations took place doesn’t mean absolutely reprehensible behaviour didn’t take place; it means the case came down to he + she said vs what other witnesses/evidence said, and made ‘beyond reasonable doubt’ a tough ask.

Still more than happy for him to look elsewhere for his next contract, because there sure as hell won’t be any learning from the latest bout of zero consequences. The next one can be someone else’s problem.
Some might call that reading between the lines @yokahontas. OPSM!

Mate , that's just speculation. You're doing exactly the thing that if he's innocent is what will cause damage to him, his reputation, and his families reputation.

We have to take the findings on face value. The judge said there wasn't enough evidence to convince him.

Let's give him a fair go.
Agreed totally Ryan. Spot on! I just can't believe people are still making snide insinuations behind a computer screen.

manlyfan76

There is no A.I. Just better computers
giphy.gif
Today is the day I give the game the flick. Walker is "innocent" just like bird,barba,inglis and many more and because he wears our jersey some celebrate the decision? Yet the same people call the others scum (as they are). Had a great time supporting the club but the haste with which the club wants to reinstate this grub with turns my stomach.
Thanks Dan for the forum I have loved posting and sure will miss it but cannot and will not support a club that has walker part of the squad.

Kevinward777

First Grader
I take it all with a grain of salt. It is what it is, the game is bent, and the team I support looks much stronger with Dylan in the side. However, you make a very solid argument about hypocrisy.

yokahontas

Bencher

Agree with most of your sentiments @Jigzkiller - but I’m prepared to wait and see what the club does going forward on this one. The court decision basically doesn’t give them any grounds to sack him; whether they re-sign him is another matter, and that remains to be seen.

I can understand the gloating re Greenberg/Beattie. But feting Walker as a hero, I’m with you 100% - it’s sickening. This isn’t a Brett Stewart case where it was thrown out due to literally NO evidence the alleged events ever took place; there’s plenty, in the public domain, indicating the smoke around this case didn’t come from nowhere.

Have a good think about who had reasons to lie in court, and who didn’t.

Pittwater Legend

We brought back Geoff Toovey!
A bit of a headache coming up for Des. I know he would be happy with how the side has been going defensively this year and also with the team culture. Parker and Suli both deserve to keep getting a run in first grade. Suli is more likely to lose his spot if Dylan is picked again

yokahontas

Bencher
All you fukn windbags sledging him on here, you disgust me
I suspect that many of you will vote Labor or Greens on the 18th... if you do block me now please. So sick and tired of listening to ferrals slagging our own players based on hyperbola

And some of us are mighty sick of the garbage idea that someone can’t be a tool because they wear a Manly jersey. And that goes for fans as well as players; there are oxygen thieves in both categories.

Chip and Chase

True Supporter
Staff member
Administrator
Premium Member
Tipping Member
All you fukn windbags sledging him on here, you disgust me
I suspect that many of you will vote Labor or Greens on the 18th... if you do block me now please. So sick and tired of listening to ferrals slagging our own players based on hyperbola
Love a good hyperbola, one of my favourite equations. something about the symmetry of two reflected parabolas that gets me every time

Latest posts

Team P W L PD Pts
14 11 3 103 26
14 10 4 118 24
14 10 4 78 24
15 9 6 161 20
14 8 6 60 20
14 7 7 63 18
14 7 7 37 18
15 8 7 -8 18
14 7 7 -50 18
14 7 7 -79 18