Walker cleared to play.

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.
  • We have been getting regular requests for users who have been locked out of their accounts because they have changed email adresses over the lifetime of their accounts. Please make sure the email address under your account is your current and correct email address in order to avoid this in the future. You can set your email address at https://silvertails.net/account/account-details
  • Wwe are currently experience some server issues which I am working through and hoping to resolve soon, Please bare with me whilst I work through making some changes and possible intermittent outages.
  • Apologies all our server was runing rogue. I managed to get us back to a point from 2:45 today though there is an attachment issue i will fix shortly. Things should be smooth now though
All good mate , we all get a little over the top sometimes. A lurking mate of mine threw his team in to stir things up for me abit , all in good fun . I agree with you and think our side matches them apart from losing Tom a winger and centre . I'm more pissed at Walker for the situation he has left us in but we will bounce out of it and have some good kids coming through. Yer and I'm sorry for my part in our stoush mate.

No worries mate @:cool:

Honestly, Walker has really disappointed me as well, because he's potentially throwing away so much talent. In my opinion, and to be fair, I'm generally an awful judge of talent (@:D), but I consider him a top 2-3 centre in the entire game. Just has to screw his head on. I hope whatever happens, he learns from it (and I do hope that's playing footy with us). He's a special player.

But I'm being 100% when I say that what I saw of Garrick, really, really excited me. Got involved, speed to burn. Love to see him as a centre. I thought to myself (and I know it's a short snippet), how the #### did The Dragqueens let this guy go?

Garrick + Walker in the centres (potentially even better than Kelly + Walker)
Throw in say Taufua and Hopoate (imagine this kid with Walker as his centre) on the wings
Tom in the 1, Kane in the 6 - we compete, and I mean with the best of them:

01. Tom Trbojevic
02. Jorge Taufua
03. Reuben Garrick
04. Dylan Walker
05. Albert Hopoate
06. Kane Elgey
07. Daly Cherry-Evans
08. Marty Taupau
09. Apisai Koroisou
10. Addin Fonua-Blake
11. Joel Thompson
12. Curtis Sironen
13. Jake Trbojevic

14. Manase Fainu
15. Taniela Paseka
16. Kelepi Tanginoa
17. Corey Waddell, Lloyd Perrett, Tof Sipley, Moses Suli etc etc

and we are looking fine ! Key injuries hurt though.

No worries mate @:cool:

Honestly, Walker has really disappointed me as well, because he's potentially throwing away so much talent. In my opinion, and to be fair, I'm generally an awful judge of talent (@:D), but I consider him a top 2-3 centre in the entire game. Just has to screw his head on. I hope whatever happens, he learns from it (and I do hope that's playing footy with us). He's a special player.

But I'm being 100% when I say that what I saw of Garrick, really, really excited me. Got involved, speed to burn. Love to see him as a centre. I thought to myself (and I know it's a short snippet), how the #### did The Dragqueens let this guy go?

Garrick + Walker in the centres (potentially even better than Kelly + Walker)
Throw in say Taufua and Hopoate (imagine this kid with Walker as his centre) on the wings
Tom in the 1, Kane in the 6 - we compete, and I mean with the best of them:

01. Tom Trbojevic
02. Jorge Taufua
03. Reuben Garrick
04. Dylan Walker
05. Albert Hopoate
06. Kane Elgey
07. Daly Cherry-Evans
08. Marty Taupau
09. Apisai Koroisou
10. Addin Fonua-Blake
11. Joel Thompson
12. Curtis Sironen
13. Jake Trbojevic

14. Manase Fainu
15. Taniela Paseka
16. Kelepi Tanginoa
17. Corey Waddell, Lloyd Perrett, Tof Sipley, Moses Suli etc etc

and we are looking fine ! Key injuries hurt though.
I'm a Walker fan as well mate and he adds x factor out wide that we need . Let's hope it all works out for all concerned. Garrick has been setting the pre_season on fire from all reports, so he's in there somewhere as will young Hoppa. With a good showing against the Roosters and no injuries all is not lost.

Can hardly see how Greenburg can suspend Walker with this adjournment arrangement in place now .Bit hard to get the balance and proper accountability for Dylan "s actions right or into some proportion after yesterday ' s ruling [ and until his next court appearance ] and then with still allowing him to play for his contracted club . Some appropriate public reprimand might just have to suffice in the present circumstances and for Dylan to conduct himself in a totally professional manner for Manly and some better ongoing respect and duty on his family and domestic responsibilities before and of course even after his next court appearance for that matter ..

Yeah Walker's time at Manly hasn't been consistent with his various injuries - both self-inflicted (broken hand from punching door, broken eye socket from winding up Curtis Scott then not defending himself while being punched) & otherwise (broken ankle from last year's rep game) - as well as being played out of position by Barrett as 5/8th.

It would be a shame if his career (& time at Manly) were to end like a damp squib due to this DV issue.

If he is found not guilty I hope this is the wake up call he finally pays attention to & he stays on the straight & narrow for the rest of his career/life.

I am prepared to go out on a limb here and say that having your hair pulled is not as serious as being raped .... call me flippant ... but I also think that a court of law will have the same opinion ....
Obviously, it isn’t. But that has absolutely nothing to do with the discussion. Your apparent shock towards a player possibly being suspended for “pulling his partner’s hair” is the only real issue... It’s only after you were challenged on your view that you set about trying to excuse your prehistoric attitude by comparing the “alleged” crime with rape and genital mutilation. Remember, your’re the one who CLEARLY stated that it was head shakingly farking unbelievable If a player was to be suspended for “pulling his partner’s hair.” that’s how I interpreted your initial post anyway.

Last edited:
Doesn't everyone have expectations to uphold in order to keep their job? Most employers will do what they can to keep families together and off the street etc. and ensure they don't get sued for unlawful dismissal but ultimately if you fail to do your job properly your going to get sacked. You don't have to receive a criminal conviction for an employer to take action against you (but the employee would need to support their claim with evidence if contested). Like it our not, part of the job of a footballer today is being an ambassador for the club and the game, and if you can't perform that role (by simply staying out of trouble) then the club and the NRL have every right to penalize or dismiss individuals.
Now, Dylan was involved in an incident, involving a PlayStation, which led to his partner falling to the ground while holding their child and calling triple 0 in fear for her safety - none of this is disputed. This is very different to pure accusations from a third party which would need to be proven before any action could be taken. Regardless of a conviction for domestic violence or not Dylan has failed in job as an NRL and Manly player. This alone should not be enough to dismiss him from the game, but definitely some form of disciplinary action. The tricky thing, is that the legal battle is still ongoing, so for Walker to admit any level of guilt at this stage or for the club to impose penalties or corrective actions would then be used against him in the ongoing trial.
I was somewhat skeptical of Walker when he first signed, then became a fan (while he kept out of trouble). I tried to keep an open mind when this first came to light but the details and evidence provided yesterday have cemented my opinion of him. He does not deserve to be at our club and I hope the NRL sanction as soon as possible so the team can move on. Our (off field) recruitment standards do appear to have dropped over the past 3 years and now is the time to remind players what is required of them if they want to play at Manly.
No one was up in arms about that Telstra geek losing his job when he was charged with slapping his wife in the face. She interrupted him while he was playing Fortnite online... I wonder what Dylan was playing.

Obviously, it isn’t. But that has absolutely nothing to do with the discussion. Your apparent shock towards a player possibly being suspended for pulling his partner’s hair is the only real issue... It’s only after you were challenged on your view that you set about trying to excuse your prehistoric attitude by comparing the “alleged” crime with rape and genital mutilation. Remember, your the one who CLEARLY stated that it was head shakingly farking unbelievable If a player was to be suspended for “pulling his partner’s hair.”

Wrong again ... we can go back to my earliest posts .... and you will find that from the beginning I stated that any violence is abhorant to me .....

My one and only contribution to this thread has been one of perspective .... when you compare his crime to Haynes and De Belin I maintain it is at the lower end of abomination ......

Oh .... my other contribution has been to try and say .... that regardless of the statistics and probability of DV developing further ..... we can not try or convict someone on what we think might happen ..... he can only be tried on what has occurred ....

You really are deluded.... the post which drew my initial response reads as follows.
“FMD if we start to ban players for pulling their partners hair.....bad thing to do....but seriously!!!” It appears that I am not the only poster who interpreted this message incorrectly. Am I missing something?

You really are deluded.... the post which drew my initial response reads as follows.
“FMD if we start to ban players for pulling their partners hair.....bad thing to do....but seriously!!!” It appears that I am not the only poster who interpreted this message incorrectly. Am I missing something?

Yes, you are .... that post you qoute was posted yesterday .... long after my attitude and opinions have been established ....

and yes I will repeat .... if we start banning people for pulling their partners hair then the game is is serious trouble ....

All good mate , we all get a little over the top sometimes. A lurking mate of mine threw his team in to stir things up for me abit , all in good fun . I agree with you and think our side matches them apart from losing Tom a winger and centre . I'm more pissed at Walker for the situation he has left us in but we will bounce out of it and have some good kids coming through. Yer and I'm sorry for my part in our stoush mate.

@Ryan

This and yours makes me happy.....that’s all!!

Yes, you are .... that post you qoute was posted yesterday .... long after my attitude and opinions have been established ....

and yes I will repeat .... if we start banning people for pulling their partners hair then the game is is serious trouble ....
Alright mate... whatever... your attitude regarding this kind of thing stinks in my opinion, and is a big part of the problem.

Alright mate... whatever... your attitude regarding this kind of thing stinks in my opinion, and is a big part of the problem.

Yeah, I am probaby causing Global warming as well .... your continued attempts to paint me as being evil is ridiculous .... any sensible person reading my post would conclude that I have at no stage ever condoned vioence of any type ....

Even your disengenious parting shot ... "my opinion, and is a big part of the problem" ... is another pathetic attempt to muddy waters .... like the old, "Hey Kev. you still beat your wife" ..... there is no reasable response .... however I will try ...

Kev. please tell me (from my posts) what is my opinion and why does it stink and why is it a big part of the problem ?????

Pretty sure that Snake sued and won compo from the papers.

The fraudster was some bankrupt so it would not have been viable to sue him in a civil case :cool:

No money?

Jail at $10 a day for lost money

Snake had to buy his own boots because of something he didn't do

Also without repercussions whose to be held accountable?

If De Bellend gets suspended on this basis whose saying while chasing number 9 this year some Parramatta fan won't accuse DCE of nipple tweaking her to prevent a manly premiership?

You cannot suspend anyone without a conviction

Walker could be suspended but we've got Russell packer and that Brisbane **** playing after convictions

Back to the snake case let's assume some player did this for real right, do we believe them? Different people but there's a bad taste from the false accusations of the past

Without destroying false accusers everyone loses, the real victims, the falsely accused etc

Yeah, I am probaby causing Global warming as well .... your continued attempts to paint me as being evil is ridiculous .... any sensible person reading my post would conclude that I have at no stage ever condoned vioence of any type ....

Even your disengenious parting shot ... "my opinion, and is a big part of the problem" ... is another pathetic attempt to muddy waters .... like the old, "Hey Kev. you still beat your wife" ..... there is no reasable response .... however I will try ...

Kev. please tell me (from my posts) what is my opinion and why does it stink and why is it a big part of the problem ?????
Go back and read what you posted... fair dinkum... in fact, don’t bother... your comment “and yes I repeat if we start banning players for pulling their partners hair then the game is in trouble” tells me everything that I need to know. To continue discussing the issue is pointless, and I have ZERO interest in responding to any of the ridiculous, finely tuned justifications, and technicalities that you often seem to throw out whenever anybody disagrees with what you post on here.

Go back and read what you posted... fair dinkum... in fact, don’t bother... your comment “and yes I repeat if we start banning players for pulling their partners hair then the game is in trouble” tells me everything I need to know. To continue discussing the issue is pointless, and I have ZERO interest in responding to a barrage of ridiculous, finely tuned justifications and technicalities that you often seem to throw out whenever anybody disagrees with what you post on here.

And every time you are put on the spot and asked to give facts to support your nonsense .... you fail ... then you respond with even more ridiculous accusations ... you can throw crap around but when put on the spot you resort to just making shiite up .....

Al I have done in the past hour is ask you to support your assertions with facts..... and you failed every time .....you are a dribbler ..

I look forward to you again being lost for facts and just accusing me of being the third shooter on the grassy knoll .....

Latest posts

Team P W L PD Pts
9 8 1 116 18
9 7 2 72 16
9 7 2 49 16
9 6 3 57 14
10 6 4 115 12
10 6 4 58 12
9 5 4 -14 12
10 5 4 31 11
9 4 5 19 10
10 5 5 -13 10