• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.
Made a post about this in another thread, but if Walker stays and continues in 6, I wonder if Cust will too? Wonder if he would be happy as a utility off the bench, or would want to find somewhere else where he can play in the starting 13 full time

Doesn 't seem to be any concerted effort by Manly to recruit another established 6 and the apparent signing of this young centre Musgrove would seem to indicate other priorities . Walker then must be a good chance of staying , maybe just some contract adjustments and arrangements to conclude . It won"t be the biggest factor but the way that Des and the club stood by him with his very serious predicament at season "s start still must have some significance for him to stay on reasonable terms . Just can not see Cust , Croker or young Metcaffe being a suitable replacement for Walks at 6 and for Manly to be at their best for next season and Des and the club surely does to wish to go backwards in any position if they can avoid it . Hodko leaving , most likely Elgey as well , plenty of contract scope to still retain Walker on a suitable contract deal going forward .

Made a post about this in another thread, but if Walker stays and continues in 6, I wonder if Cust will too? Wonder if he would be happy as a utility off the bench, or would want to find somewhere else where he can play in the starting 13 full time
Hasn "t been too much interest from other clubs at least to date and probably would still prefer to stay in any case . Tough gig playing and defending in the middle but if he is rated good enough to play off the bench as a utility next season , think that would be a good outcome for him then .

Well Dylan's price tag went up Friday night and will bring in many more offers, the delay is going to make it even harder now to juggle numbers around.

Obviously Dylan wants to stay and will play for small unders but i think it will be tough now considering how much is tied up in DCE,Tom, Jake, AFB and Marty along with planning for upgrades to others.

Maybe the Dogs are offering Foran and paying a substantial amount of his contract.

Always seen Dylan as making a great 5/8 and i hope a long term deal can be made.

Last edited:
Believe nothing of what you read ( other than official club announcements) and nothing of what you hear ( unless it’s from the horses mouth).

That’s my opinion.

Hope he stays now but he will have to take unders to do so and I fear $$$$ will talk!!

I seem to be in the vast minority here about Walker's abilities.
But for a bloke dubbed a great running player and our X-factor I checked his stats for 2019.
Played 17 matches, made two line breaks and scored 3 tries.
FYI, Cust played just seven matches and scored four tries.

Yer just read it . Some have him already signed by the sound of it .
Yeah not sure how fair dinkum. I hope dylan and his manager realise loyalty we showed end of last year if link is real.
Reality is he takes a pay cut everyone knows club needs funds for jake and tom.
If he goes then young cust gets the shot.
Reality is dylan needs to repay the faith here, that piece of **** barrett.

But for a bloke dubbed a great running player and our X-factor I checked his stats for 2019.
Cade a more natural 6 so if dylan wants the big money **** him

True but Cust is a half, Dylan is a improving work in progress. He'll get better and more confident after the finals experience.

Cust tried hard but is still a fair way off NRL level. His passing game is still reserve grade standard and his kicking game the same. When he was in the team, he killed nearly every attacking raid down that edge of the park being tentative or taking the wrong option

If you want 3 examples of why people were raving about Walker, his pass was perfectly timed and isolated Reynolds for Parker to steam over the top of him, his pass put Waddell into the hole for his try. and again his sleight of hand opened the hole for Waddells long break that he bombed but Suli scored off the scrum following

He is lightyears ahead of any other player at the club as a ball playing 5/8

Don’t take that as a knock on Cust, he showed some nice attributes, but also showed he has a lot of work to do before becoming a consistent NRL threat

I also fully disagree with the comments about Walker being a failure at 6 last season, go back through last seasons results and you will see that when he came back from injury and slotted in there, our results improved markedly

Cust tried hard but is still a fair way off NRL level. His passing game is still reserve grade standard and his kicking game the same. When he was in the team, he killed nearly every attacking raid down that edge of the park being tentative or taking the wrong option

If you want 3 examples of why people were raving about Walker, his pass was perfectly timed and isolated Reynolds for Parker to steam over the top of him, his pass put Waddell into the hole for his try. and again his sleight of hand opened the hole for Waddells long break that he bombed but Suli scored off the scrum following

He is lightyears ahead of any other player at the club as a ball playing 5/8

Don’t take that as a knock on Cust, he showed some nice attributes, but also showed he has a lot of work to do before becoming a consistent NRL threat

I also fully disagree with the comments about Walker being a failure at 6 last season, go back through last seasons results and you will see that when he came back from injury and slotted in there, our results improved markedly
Nailed it.

Do you even watch the games or just look at the stats.

How many have each played in the halves (not all 17 of Walkers were at 5/8), how often did Cust run a good yardage line, look at the improved line break assists, now try assists coming into his game and the quality early ball Dylan has been offering etc etc.

Even Walkers kicking game is improving, the upside to Walker is much higher than the upside of Cust.

I would prefer Cust as a half not a 5/8, will develop into a Chad Townsend type steady, cheeky, scheming player at a good value price.

Nailed it.
Yeah i didn't think Walkers 2018 performances were all that bad either, relative to a poor season the team had anyway.

I wanted Manly to persist with Walker at 5/8 instead of succumbing to the pressure of making the eight and using Lyon in 2016.

Probably in the long run it's best it panned out this way as his confidence may have been permanently ruined playing behind a poorly coached, unstructured, uncompetitive outfit for two years.

So you object to name calling by name calling? I was merely saying that Elliott does not pose much threat at all in attack, and that walker threw some nice passes but could work on some other facets of five eighth play. I’m really proud of the boys, but even a flea brain such as me can see areas and players we need to strengthen. You can bet your life that’s what des will be doing from now till March, but if one dares constructively criticise any players, you get pillocked with such quality and poignant insults as flea brain.
Agree Elliot proved not to be NRL standard. Defence was pathetic. Also Taufua was again a disaster. One bungled try opportunity and one dropped high kick. Has np speed and incapable of running any lond distance tries. Has to go cannot be carried any longer.

Latest posts

Team P W L PD Pts
3 3 0 48 6
3 2 1 45 4
3 2 1 28 4
3 2 1 22 4
3 2 1 15 4
3 2 1 14 4
2 1 1 13 4
3 2 1 10 4
2 1 1 6 4
3 2 1 -3 4