Walker back soon?

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.
Walker is a straight up starter in the 13 given he is fit.

For team balance he should play left centre, however I expect Des to pick him at 5/8 at the expense of Cust.

Cust would then be the utility on the bench, maybe next season Cust will be the first choice 5/8.

Whichever way the team goes it will only be stronger having Walker back and Cust in the 17.

For team balance he should play left centre, however I expect Des to pick him at 5/8 at the expense of Cust.

Cust would then be the utility on the bench, maybe next season Cust will be the first choice 5/8.

Whichever way the team goes it will only be stronger having Walker back and Cust in the 17.
so you would rather parker, taufua or elliott over cust in the starting 13? Geeze I wouldn't with Cust's form.

According to an interview yesterday, Walker has not trained with the team yet. If true, he CANNOT be fit to start against the ladder-leaders...period.

I think he is named in the 19 solely as a ruse, as is Api for them.

Last edited:
so you would rather parker, taufua or elliott over cust in the starting 13? Geeze I wouldn't with Cust's form.
Good point, for me I would have Walker at left centre, Cust 5/8 and Jorge wing.

Cust is in good form and you should pick on form, my thought the way the team is selected it will be a conservative selection.

Need some pace on that left edge and walker has plenty of that.

Good point, for me I would have Walker at left centre, Cust 5/8 and Jorge wing.

Cust is in good form and you should pick on form, my thought the way the team is selected it will be a conservative selection.

Need some pace on that left edge and walker has plenty of that.
not wrong tho, des is very conservative with his selections. Remember at old manly it would get frustrating sometimes. Lets hope he sticks with Cust

But Parker can’t come on and play 15 minutes at dummy half like Croker or Cust. Is it silly to suggest that Walker could play wing? He used to, back in his very early days.
Well obviously you'd still pick Croker.
Keppie, Paseka, Parker and Croker. You can't tell me Parker gets man handled any more than Gosiewski has this year. Raiders pick a back on the bench every game and never seems to hurt. Many times it has come in handy with the HIA rule and injuries etc.

Last edited:
but there are people on here suggesting so many crazy positional or personnel changes that don’t make any sense given the success the last two weeks
Correct, we need crazy positional and personnel changes when winning.
When we lose, on the other hand, we need to scrap the whole lot of them back to reserve grade (even though that doesn't exist anymore)

There's a lot of assumed information that does the traps that is often flawed but like they say, if its said often enough it becomes the truth in many minds. One of those factors is about Brad Parker.

Scorpio is 1.93mts tall. That's 6'4" in the old scale. He's a little over 100kgs. Menzies was 1.9 mts tall and 98 kgs. Waddell is 1.9 mts and 104 kgs. Keppie is 1.96 mts and 107 kgs. Even Sironen is 1.95 mts and 109 kgs, The difference is not that great.

Its reported Parker gets monstered. Well I've seen Kaupau and AFB monstered when there are several players onto them or they are not balance in such a way to take a hit. It happens to all players No one is suggesting Parker should play front row, or be a forward enforcer. But his body shape and size is not much different from the more agile players in the second row and lock. Even Jake is only 1.85 mts and 107 kgs and he looks like a beast.

Thing is with Parker, he's actually bigger and heavier than Menzies was when he played and though forwards are probably bigger now, the difference is not great. Menzies played centre, but was not that good at it. But as a roving second row or lock he was devastating. Parker is not super fast, but he has pace more than most forwards. He's a top defender and he's tough. That's why I see him in the forwards, where I suspect he would thrive.

ps I know this relates to an earlier age when forwards werent as big. But Terry Randall would have been shorter and lighter than Scorpio. I knew Terry briefly and he was shorter than I am and I'm 1.9 mts

There's a lot of assumed information that does the traps that is often flawed but like they say, if its said often enough it becomes the truth in many minds. One of those factors is about Brad Parker.

Scorpio is 1.93mts tall. That's 6'4" in the old scale. He's a little over 100kgs. Menzies was 1.9 mts tall and 98 kgs. Waddell is 1.9 mts and 104 kgs. Keppie is 1.96 mts and 107 kgs. Even Sironen is 1.95 mts and 109 kgs, The difference is not that great.

Well blow me down....

I did not think Waddell was that tall! I thought 6.... 6.1 at the most.

Sounds like Keppie and Waddell to the wings then. Winger problem solved

(lolz)

Its reported Parker gets monstered. Well I've seen Kaupau and AFB monstered when there are several players onto them or they are not balance in such a way to take a hit. It happens to all players No one is suggesting Parker should play front row, or be a forward enforcer. But his body shape and size is not much different from the more agile players in the second row and lock. Even Jake is only 1.85 mts and 107 kgs and he looks like a beast.

Thing is with Parker, he's actually bigger and heavier than Menzies was when he played and though forwards are probably bigger now, the difference is not great. Menzies played centre, but was not that good at it. But as a roving second row or lock he was devastating. Parker is not super fast, but he has pace more than most forwards. He's a top defender and he's tough. That's why I see him in the forwards, where I suspect he would thrive.

ps I know this relates to an earlier age when forwards werent as big. But Terry Randall would have been shorter and lighter than Scorpio. I knew Terry briefly and he was shorter than I am and I'm 1.9 mts
Spot on. He won't look out of place in defence. In attack he won't play like Thompson and Siro do. He would play the way Menzies did. Run off the halves and change directions. Bit wider. Do a hit up after the front rowers march on. Think he would be really good at second row.

I don't think size is the real issue. Both Parker and Garrett take hit ups in a far too upright position and the tacklers get underneath them and drive them back. This is simply a matter of technique. However we don't need anymore second rowers we need speedy outside backs.

Members online

Latest posts

Team P W L PD Pts
3 3 0 48 6
3 2 1 45 4
3 2 1 28 4
3 2 1 22 4
3 2 1 15 4
3 2 1 14 4
2 1 1 13 4
3 2 1 10 4
2 1 1 6 4