Wacko's Whispers re: D Walkz

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.
It wouldn't bother me 1 iota if Dylan walked. His contract that expires after the 2019 season is 6ook/year IIRC and will be looking for more next year. I don't care how good everyone thinks he is but there is nothing Manly about him. Probably my least favourite player and I would be happy to free up his $ to go after Hoppa so TT can take his spot in the centres. I doubt Des is real keen on him either.
But, as usual with today's journalistic crap, I give very little credibility in the rumour.

Gee we would be skinny out wide without both Walker and Kelly, considering we were threadbare last year even with those two.

Nevertheless, I think Des would rather trade an expensive centre in preference to a front rower, if it came down to a choice.

Gee we would be skinny out wide without both Walker and Kelly, considering we were threadbare last year even with those two.

Nevertheless, I think Des would rather trade an expensive centre in preference to a front rower, if it came down to a choice.

Problem is we don't want the Canterbury scenario where they had a massive set of forwards, but only a sprinkling of talent in the backline. Result was they became predictable and slow. We need pace and skill out wide if we are going to utilise the skills of DCE, TT and possibly Elgey. X Factor players in the backline win games.

I thought that Dylan was present at [ and at least ] one first week training session recently . Can not see any purpose in releasing him unless it was a like for like replacement arrangement and as others have mentioned also taking into account Kelly :s departure .and the fact that he could again cover the 6 role if things did get a bit desperate . Also just can not notice any worthwhile and available players in any position who could offer something more to the squad as a recruit even if some cap funds were then freed up Quite average input in 2016 . a really good 2017 of course and for a range of reasons not much value last season regrettably Hopefully another good season from him next year . Really can not again see any benefit in letting him go with the current back line situation and experience level .

So young hoppa to fullback. TT and Will Hoopa in the centres. A decent wingman bought in and the backline looks ok.

While he can be great Walker is a bit of a knob IMHO and not a Manly man. He's like a Craig field. Might pull on the strip but will never be a seaeagle at heart.

It wouldn't bother me 1 iota if Dylan walked. His contract that expires after the 2019 season is 6ook/year IIRC and will be looking for more next year. I don't care how good everyone thinks he is but there is nothing Manly about him. Probably my least favourite player and I would be happy to free up his $ to go after Hoppa so TT can take his spot in the centres. I doubt Des is real keen on him either.
But, as usual with today's journalistic crap, I give very little credibility in the rumour.
I tend to agree. He can be a good player, but I'm sick of waiting for it to happen. If it doesn't happen in 2019, he can take his big mouth elsewhere.

Good Lord we can find a reason to put shiite on our own ..... what is a Manly player? Terry Hill, Matthew Ridge Glen Stewart ... Walkz would have to go to night school to become half the sledgers these blokes were ......

Dylan may not fit the accepted mold of a Manly Player ... but for the past few seasons he has been one of the few that has shown passion and desire on the field .... and often the only bloke prepared to take a big hit up or tackle to try and "lift' the team ..... granted his frustraion may have caused him to overdo it on occasions, but you could never accuse him of not having a fair dinkum dig ....

He'll do me until the second coming of Jamie and Matai .....

Good Lord we can find a reason to put shiite on our own ..... what is a Manly player? Terry Hill, Matthew Ridge Glen Stewart ... Walkz would have to go to night school to become half the sledgers these blokes were ......

Dylan may not fit the accepted mold of a Manly Player ... but for the past few seasons he has been one of the few that has shown passion and desire on the field .... and often the only bloke prepared to take a big hit up or tackle to try and "lift' the team ..... granted his frustraion may have caused him to overdo it on occasions, but you could never accuse him of not having a fair dinkum dig ....

He'll do me until the second coming of Jamie and Matai .....

Thank God.

Honestly, it was the same with the Taupau rumours, and the Kelly rumours. As soon as it's shared, all of a sudden they are crap players and not worthy of our jersey from people here.

Walker literally has bled for our jersey. I've seen him score tries and grab the emblem and tap his heart.

But he's not a Manly boy.

Players like Jamie Lyon and Brent Kite also started at other clubs.

Seriously, WTF has happened to this forum?

Thank God.

Honestly, it was the same with the Taupau rumours, and the Kelly rumours. As soon as it's shared, all of a sudden they are crap players and not worthy of our jersey from people here.

Walker literally has bled for our jersey. I've seen him score tries and grab the emblem and tap his heart.

But he's not a Manly boy.

Players like Jamie Lyon and Brent Kite also started at other clubs.

Seriously, WTF has happened to this forum?

It's the off-season........

The rugby league journalist motto these days....

When in doubt, start a rumour about player movement. Manly is usually good click bait.

If you believe the rumours we’ll have Monas, Donny and the Tea Lady in the backline next season!

Relax, Des have proven that he knows what he’s doing!

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Team P W L PD Pts
6 5 1 59 12
6 5 1 20 12
6 4 2 53 10
6 4 2 30 10
7 4 2 25 9
7 4 3 40 8
7 4 3 24 8
7 4 3 -8 8