Vlandy's adds new team

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.
  • We have been getting regular requests for users who have been locked out of their accounts because they have changed email adresses over the lifetime of their accounts. Please make sure the email address under your account is your current and correct email address in order to avoid this in the future. You can set your email address at https://silvertails.net/account/account-details
Yeah, that's the way it's written but when have any of us ever worried about the colour of the Tuggers' jersey?
I personally hate the tigpies but i gotta admit that I never felt that it was a common Manly supporter theme... and even I dont give a sh1t what colour they wear... just think their supporters are generally w*nkers...

Lol... (at the risk of admitting to missing the joke)...

...you do know they mean that Manly fans call the WT jersey carrot, don't you @The Who ???...
LOL, I will admit it, I read it as us as identifying our jersey as carrot too until you pointed it out that it was us calling the West's Tigers jersey as carrot. It just goes to show how easy it is to take written things the wrong way when you don't know the context.

If Chad Townsend and Luke Brooks are conisdered top line halves then 2 more teams will just make even bigger scorelines.

I bet the Doggies and Boncos are in support!

If they are going to introduce a conference system, I think there needs to be a mix of Sydney teams in both conferences so there is at least a chance that 2 Sydney clubs can face each other in a grand final or alternatively when it comes to the final 4. you have one team from each conference facing a team from the other conference which also means the two best teams make the grand final. Under the proposed conference system, the Drizzle are nearly guaranteed a top 2 finish every year. If there are to be 2 new teams, each conference should have one each rather 2 in a non Sydney conference. Also the conferences should be changed every year based on how teams finish in the premiership to stop the same cartel clubs dominating. Think about this very carefully Vlandys!

I like conference system.
Play 8 games within conference
Play all outside conference games
Play 8 games within conference.

Top 8 play finals
10 miss out. Too bad so sad. No wildcard.

Id probably rotate two teams ( one from each conference) each year to swap conference though to keep it interesting. Each team gets one year in the other conference then back to original one and another two teams swap out.

I don't think it should be a Sydney and non Sydney conference, have a mix of teams in each changing it every year.

Having a non Sydney conference means no new teams or teams relocating in the future. If there is ever enough talent to add teams in Perth, PNG or elsewhere do we have conference 1 with 9 teams and conference 2 with 11+ teams.

If we do get enough talent for 20 teams just play each team once alternating home and away each season with origin as stand alone weekends.

I actually really like the idea. I don’t mind that 2 Sydney teams can’t make the GF. If Manly doesn’t win the whole thing, who really cares?

Secret Dossier!
Um, not so secret if Abdo layed it on the table then is it?

Two conferences is fine but just because you win your conference doesn’t necessarily mean you’re any better than say, third in the other conference.
It’d suck coming second in the stronger conference but not getting a shot at the GF just because you’re in the stronger conference.
It could be like that for years if they don’t mix them up.

Imagine never being able to see a Manly v Parra GF again... or Manly v Dogs... or Manly v Souths...

I think this is a terrible idea that will ruin the fabric of the game... the Sydney clubs will be supplementing the travel costs of the other clubs and will have a significant advantage attracting older, experienced players because of the reduced travel demands...

increased rivalry during the season but never in the big dance??!! Who the f*ck thinks that is a good idea...?

The finals system needs to be re-thought at the VERY least...

They have changed all the other rules on a whim, why not do a conference..
Also throw In a draft for good measure..
Why not..
I've always enjoyed the NFL drafts, would be even better if NRL had one as I follow it alot closer than any other sport

Latest posts

Team P W L PD Pts
8 7 1 109 16
8 7 1 56 16
8 6 2 66 14
8 5 3 51 12
9 5 3 37 11
9 5 4 95 10
9 5 4 42 10
8 4 4 25 10
9 5 4 -14 10
9 4 5 -16 8