Video Refs

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.

Dessy

Reserve Grader
When will the video refs stop ruining our game. Time and time again terrible, straight forward descisions are made incorectly. And time and time again it is deciding the outcomes of matches. Something needs to change. It's as if the refs are instructed to let certain teams win each week to even up the competition. what a joke.

Another howler in the Storm V Roosters match with an obvious forward pass try unable to be ruled on by the Vidiots, yet they are allowed to rule on the most insignificant other part of any movement.
Yes, I know, the Vidiots can't rule on forward passes but I'm calling this BS.
Here's an obvious solution.
Stop the on-field ref from having to make a decision immediately. If he sends it upstairs then he obviously isn't sure.
Allow the Vidiots to decide. When they see an obvious forward pass they simply tip the on-field ref about it, and send the decision back to the on field ref to make the decision. Knowing that a forward pass occurred the ref will then rule 'no try'. Thus, the NRL can still stick by its ridiculous catchcry that a forward pass can only be ruled upon by the on field ref.
It is so infuriating seeing a CSI done in stop-frame on every aspect of a decision yet when everyone can plainly see that there was a forward pass in the movement they can't rule on it. It makes a mockery of the rules.

Why can’t the video ref rule on a forward pass on tries? Same as obstruction and the other bull****. “Yeah... check the grounding and obstruction and take a look at that pass that sailed two metres forward but I’m too gutless to call on field...”

Why can’t the video ref rule on a forward pass on tries? Same as obstruction and the other bull****. “Yeah... check the grounding and obstruction and take a look at that pass that sailed two metres forward but I’m too gutless to call on field...”
They can't rule on forward passes because virtually every try would be chalked off. Rather than frame by frame slo mo it would be better if we went the opposite way and viewed at normal speed but view from all available angles i.e. what the ref and crowd can see

They can’t get right what they have rule on now so asking them to determine if a pass was forward is asking for trouble.

Last week
AFB got binned on the vidiot ruling it as serious foul play.
Dragons scored off a bomb that they called the player offside but then couldn’t work out that he was inside the 10m when there’s lines to use as a guide.

How can we seriously think they’d help with forward passes?

Both teams first tries tonight were forward passes BUT the touchies are right there yet nothing to see here.

The NFL has the first down line on the TV. The Bunker could have a similar line that tracks the passing player to see if a forward pass has happened.

Oh hang on they can't even get a sin bin clock on the screen so the chance of the bunker getting tech like that would be????

This is what the ref's boas says about it:

Annesley pointed to the fact the NRL had tried let video referees rule on forward passes in the past, as evidence that it doesn’t work.

“We did actually have a season of the video referee ruling on forward passes and it was an unmitigated disaster,” Annesley said.

“Clubs were up in arms and at the end of the season everyone was happy to get rid of it.

“It also reintroduces more video decisions so we have more stoppages, but what I have tried to demonstrate is the difficulty in making these calls based on video.”

https://www.foxsports.com.au/nrl/nr...y/news-story/895cda0ff8f6b5622fc18cebf37ed30b

Now we all know that you can pass the ball backwards and it will still travel forwards (physics) but I think what we're all saying is that when there is conclusive proof, the vidiot should be able to rule on the pass...just like they need conclusive proof to overturn ref's try decisions.

Annesley pointed to the fact the NRL had tried let video referees rule on forward passes in the past, as evidence that it doesn’t work.

“We did actually have a season of the video referee ruling on forward passes and it was an unmitigated disaster,” Annesley said.

“Clubs were up in arms and at the end of the season everyone was happy to get rid of it.

“It also reintroduces more video decisions so we have more stoppages, but what I have tried to demonstrate is the difficulty in making these calls based on video.”

https://www.foxsports.com.au/nrl/nr...y/news-story/895cda0ff8f6b5622fc18cebf37ed30b

Now we all know that you can pass the ball backwards and it will still travel forwards (physics) but I think what we're all saying is that when there is conclusive proof, the vidiot should be able to rule on the pass...just like they need conclusive proof to overturn ref's try decisions.
I think, and this is a pretty weak technical argument, but that the NRL is just dumb. Just put a line on the screen when it’s passed (like the first down line in NFL yardage replays). If it goes back or stays flat before bending forward, fine. If the ball is always moving forward beyond the line, no try. They may also be too cheap to buy that technology because they trialled it during on of the years they were going broke.

When did the NRL try this? I don't remember it? If it was an " unmitigated disaster" as claimed I would remember it.
I call this Fake News.
Prove it. Give me a year it happened. Give me examples....
If the Vidiot can rule on the most obtuse rules possible, and use stop-frames to determine the most minute of things, then why shouldn't it be able to rule on the bleedin' obvious?
It's like a judge dismissing a murder case because he was not licensed to consider certain weapons.

Members online

Latest posts

Team P W L PD Pts
3 3 0 48 6
3 2 1 45 4
3 2 1 28 4
3 2 1 22 4
3 2 1 15 4
3 2 1 14 4
2 1 1 13 4
3 2 1 10 4
2 1 1 6 4