Video ref: it's all or nothing

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.
The other one in the first half. Tom made a break and tried to pass it around a parra defender. It clearly went back from Tom’s hand into the defender, but called a knock on. Cherry should have challenged it.

Surely a captains challenge should also include disallowed tries from forward passes.

I agree with the sentiment but for forward passes to be adjudicated on by the bunker in a captain's challenge situation they need to be adjudicated on in all try scoring situations...and I think they should be. The time taken to do it is worth it.

I trust PV and the NRL are starting to realise that the issue most concerning our sport is not the players' behaviour it is the Vidiots. They are causing most of the controversy by the ridiculous rulings and bias against certain clubs.
Again this round Graham Annesley has issued a rebuke to the Vidiots: "I think the Bunker is over-analysing these incidents from a technical point of view, instead of just looking at incidents from a fan’s perspective to decide what most people would consider a fair and reasonable decision."
Yes.
He is absolutely correct, as he was last week.
But what is being done about it?
The Bunker is not improving the quality of refereeing. Nor is the Captain's Challenge.
One referee has been a good thing but we should all forget about rulings ever being 100% correct. Never have been since the sport started. So we should just accept that the ref will make mistakes, and do away with the costly and frustrating Bunker who has not fixed the problem but caused more problems.

Graham Annesley and his merry tribe of idiots every...single...week..

giphy.gif

we got it wrong
we got it wrong
we got it wrong
we got it wrong
we got it wrong
we got it wrong
we got it wrong
we got it wrong
we got it wrong
we got it wrong
we got it wrong
we got it wrong
we got it wrong
we got it wrong
we got it wrong
we got it wrong

So, GA has come out and said that no Vidiot will be dropped because there is noone trained up to replace them.... NRL 2020: Bunker, Bailey Simonsson sin bin, referee, Round 10

Fair dinkum. Give the bloody job to me and I will do it from my lounge room with the benefit of no more than three replays - it's not hard!

No one trained???

You need eyes and a knowledge of the game!

Wow, what a b/s thing to say and it's worse if true.

I wonder if it would help to have two people making the decision? I think the esl actually has a camera behind the two decision makers looking at the screen and talking about what they are seeing.

That way it'd be harder for horsehead to errr... well one doesn't want to use the word lie....

I wonder if it would help to have two people making the decision? I think the esl actually has a camera behind the two decision makers looking at the screen and talking about what they are seeing.

That way it'd be harder for horsehead to errr... well one doesn't want to use the word lie....

I think that would be an excellent way to debunk the bunker

Maybe the bunker should only rule on one thing “ did he get the ball down”.

And you have to say at times they need help with that.

Seems to be a regular excuse from Annersley - I'm pretty sure I've heard a form of "we haven't got anyone trained up to replace them so you'll just have to tolerate our mediocrity" from him at least once before.

This is the same mob who threatened strike action when the NRL announced the return to 1 on-field ref before the season restart!

I suppose that was meant to be a threat but with the mediocrity we've been served up since we might have been better off without them altogether.

Surely this a budget issue, when I see refs like Badger etc. working as touchies that's all it can be.

Badge etc. would only need training on the technology which shouldn't be that hard.

How hard can it be to see if the coin came down heads or tails? Perhaps they use paper, scissors rock and that might take some training.

Has to be done..

its a fkn circus at the moment.

Storm were robbed by a useless blind touch judge last year in a final and now us. And both decisions could of easily been overturned using technology to get the right result.

It's not rocket science.

How long would Annesley have taken to look at the pass from Turbo that was called forward against the Worms to conclude that it was not forward ... what, 30 seconds? And that was using the same video replays that they use in The Bunker. Yet they will not use The Bunker to call on forward passes.

They can adjudicate on whether or not a player is half a foot on or offside from a camera angle that is 30-40 metres behind the play back on the halfway line, but say they can't make a call on a forward pass. To use a Pommy term, its completely bonkers!!!!

From the article:

“While he has made an error of judgement it is not because of any incompetence or anything like that.

- It's either incompetence of cheating, you pick. Guy stays silent the whole game until the final play when Manly is on the attack. Happened against St George last year as well, and surprise surprise it would have given us a penalty to win the game.

At least that touchie got dropped and not babied like this current one.

Actually, it was the very same touch judge both times, Liam Kennedy.

Latest posts

Team P W L PD Pts
3 3 0 48 6
3 2 1 45 4
3 2 1 28 4
3 2 1 22 4
3 2 1 15 4
3 2 1 14 4
2 1 1 13 4
3 2 1 10 4
2 1 1 6 4
3 2 1 -3 4