Valid point or Whinge?

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.
The biggest travesty of all is this 'try confirmed' crap that we have now. What's the point of the ref pointing to the spot to award the try when he can call it back...one of the great things about watching a RL try was the crash over and ref decision in the heat of the moment to get the blood pumping and excitement flowing. Now, a team goes near the try line and you just hold your breath as you wait for the numerous replays and 1000 rules to scrutinise over before the goal is finally kicked. It's pathetic and goes against the whole concept of entertainment, which is essentially what RL is. No spontaneous enjoyment anymore, just anxiety over what might happen once the bunker gets involved...it's sickening what they've done.
Also the obstruction rule, the bunker should make the call on weather the player being obstructed or impeded would of been able to make the tackle, and if not allow the try. This to me is just so plainly obvious.

Holding onto the tackled player as long as you can has been taken to new highs by Penrith and Melb. Melb being the originators and masters of this. Got a feeling the NRL will be putting something in place to discourage this next year, but then again not holding my breath.

Isn't that one of the reasons why 6 again was introduced for?

The game is as good as it's ever been. The refs, however, totally different story. That being said I think the top three (drizzle, bunnies and Panters) are pretty much the standard. The next three (us, Eels and Rorters) may have a chance in improving to get there next year. The rest of the competition are making up the numbers.
Until the Sutton cartel is broken up, we will continue to have the same nepotistic bias that we have now, and will continue to have.

The biggest travesty of all is this 'try confirmed' crap that we have now. What's the point of the ref pointing to the spot to award the try when he can call it back...one of the great things about watching a RL try was the crash over and ref decision in the heat of the moment to get the blood pumping and excitement flowing. Now, a team goes near the try line and you just hold your breath as you wait for the numerous replays and 1000 rules to scrutinise over before the goal is finally kicked. It's pathetic and goes against the whole concept of entertainment, which is essentially what RL is. No spontaneous enjoyment anymore, just anxiety over what might happen once the bunker gets involved...it's sickening what they've done.
Still an improvement to every try being sent up to the bunker tho. I personally am happy to live and die by the sword of the refs call on field. Imagine if that were the case Friday night. We would have scored 2 tries in the first and they would have lost their first try to Walker. In saying that they were all incorrect on field calls by Klein.

The 6 again rule is hands down the worst rule that’s ever come into the game. Has destroyed it.
Every time they blew one on Friday the guy behind yelled “ Refs corruption “ ( very loudly I must say ).

Funny but the Touchie on our side heard him at one stage and looked over and gave him daggers, I nearly pissed myself laughing.

Still an improvement to every try being sent up to the bunker tho. I personally am happy to live and die by the sword of the refs call on field. Imagine if that were the case Friday night. We would have scored 2 tries in the first and they would have lost their first try to Walker. In saying that they were all incorrect on field calls by Klein.
Klein never awarded the first Garrick try.

I reckon the bunker is ruining rl. Too much scrutiny throughout the 80 minutes on every single play. They should be allowed to rule on grounding only. Everything else should be left to refs and touch judges. If something is missed, it’s missed and we move on.

Also the obstruction rule, the bunker should make the call on weather the player being obstructed or impeded would of been able to make the tackle, and if not allow the try. This to me is just so plainly obvious.
They used to have that but as with most things one video ref would rule try whereas another would rule no try.
Unfortunately they needed to make it a black and white rule - in the main it works but there will always be an anomaly.

Penrith first try yesterday, why did the ref take so long to award it? He seemed more interested in the injured player or some push and shove back in the middle.

Members online

Team P W L PD Pts
3 3 0 48 6
4 3 1 28 6
3 2 1 10 6
4 2 2 39 4
3 2 1 28 4
3 2 1 15 4
3 2 1 14 4
2 1 1 13 4
2 1 1 6 4
3 2 1 -3 4