Valid point or Whinge?

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.

EOL now nesting on the GC

Official NRL commentator of the UK Royal Family
Premium Member
Tipping Member
We lost yesterday not because SS were amazing but because we were poor. Think everyone can agree yes? Anyway

It seems to me that the NRL 2021 has almost been 3 or 4 different competitions in the one season which is troubling.

Up until magic round you had proper Valandry ball where 6 again's ruled and it was like touch footy.

Then you had the head high contact crackdown that ran riot up until probably round 22 or 23.

And after that its like the game has gone back to the wrestle of 2019.

Finally watching keppi fall over with concussion only to see the ref completely ignore it was shocking.

Watching the storm panthers game and its classic 2019. Not many 6 against and munsters hit on Jerome even thou it was an accident was still direct contact to the head.

We used to all complaing about the Wrestling but at least you knew what we were playing. Now it's whatever whim the NRL and refs deem worthy.

In the last 5 minutes, Penrith on the attack in the Storm 20m zone.
Storm holding down, wrestling, slowing each play the ball. Not one 6 again call, let alone a penalty.

As soon as Melb got the ball. 6 again to gift them up field.

WTF?? Where is the consistency?

We lost yesterday not because SS were amazing but because we were poor. Think everyone can agree yes? Anyway

It seems to me that the NRL 2021 has almost been 3 or 4 different competitions in the one season which is troubling.

Up until magic round you had proper Valandry ball where 6 again's ruled and it was like touch footy.

Then you had the head high contact crackdown that ran riot up until probably round 22 or 23.

Finally watching keppi fall over with concussion only to see the ref completely ignore it was shocking.

Watching the storm panthers game and its classic 2019. Not many 6 against and munsters hit on Jerome even thou it was an accident was still direct contact to the head.

We used to all complaing about the Wrestling but at least you knew what we were playing. Now it's whatever whim the NRL and refs deem worthy.
Great summary about the worst run sporting competition in the country.

Yep it frustrates the hell out of me... 6 against are so subjective and inconsistent - which is a ridiculous situation when they have such an impact...

The other thing is that clear penalties for deliberately slowing the play are not given because the 6 again is an option... does my head in and the Storm grubs take full advantage of it (of course)

There was nothing wrong with NRL in 2019. Scrap all the changes they made and go back to that.
Can we all agree that those 2 low scoring matches have been the best we’ve seen in 2 years??

Really?

Going back to one ref has been excellent change imo.

The 6 again rule seems not used as much at the end of this season, for whatever reason but that decision seems to be working better.

Yep all valid points.Not that I like to agree or credit Ricky Stuart,but halfway through the season he said if the NRL are going to change the rules that way,he’ll look to recruit different types of players

Really?

The 6 again rule seems not used as much at the end of this season, for whatever reason but that decision seems to be working better.
1 ref is brilliant, I always hated 2 refs.

If they’re not going to use the 6 again then revert back to penalties.

And the captains challenge where Capewell got stripped near he end, yep not a strip, but what about crowding? Crowding was always an arbitrary call but if it exists then the storm were doing it. 🤷‍♂️🤷‍♂️🤷‍♂️
Every tackle.

The game is as good as it's ever been. The refs, however, totally different story. That being said I think the top three (drizzle, bunnies and Panters) are pretty much the standard. The next three (us, Eels and Rorters) may have a chance in improving to get there next year. The rest of the competition are making up the numbers.

Both Melbourne and Penrith sloe the ruck perfectly. South’s don’t hold on as long but are the fastest live speed in the comp.

We are neither good at holding nor quick off the line.
I think Penrith and Melbourne are superior to Souths in terms of line speed.

All valid points and well spotted. I thought the same thing today with the way the ruck was policed. So many of those plays would have been 6 again in the regular season...strange officiating. In saying that, two of the best spectacles have been the last two Panthers games (8-6 and 10-6). That goes to show that points does not equal entertainment in the slightest. Close grinding games are the ticket!

Really?

I like one ref but the speeding up the game created too many blow outs...so many games were not worth watching after 20-30 minutes. We enjoyed because Manly were successful but some of the bottom teams didn't have a chance. Add to that the amount of records that have been broken and it's kinda sad. Comparing Alex Johnson's 29 tries to Phil Blake's is ridiculous.

Team P W L PD Pts
6 5 1 20 12
6 4 2 53 10
5 4 1 23 10
6 4 2 48 8
6 4 2 28 8
5 3 2 14 8
7 4 3 -18 8
6 3 2 21 7
7 3 3 20 7
7 3 4 31 6
6 3 3 16 6