Val Holmes .... Myth ?

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.
I actually think he's been looking better these past few weeks.

He's made some good breaks (see the try he put on for the Hammer last night) & his footwork is awesome.

I think being out of the game for a couple of years & the training he did for NFL plus the injuries he had earlier this season probably took a while to undo & get back into NRL mode.

Next year he'll be better after a full off season under his belt.

I actually think he's been looking better these past few weeks.

He's made some good breaks (see the try he put on for the Hammer last night) & his footwork is awesome.

I think being out of the game for a couple of years & the training he did for NFL plus the injuries he had earlier this season probably took a while to undo & get back into NRL mode.

Next year he'll be better after a full off season under his belt.

But, do you think he will ever be a mil a season fullback as was the plan ... ?

Hmmm, hard to say. It's a big contract with really only Turbo & Tedesco to use as benchmarks for it.

I think another season will make or break him as a million dollar fullback = ask me again in a year haha.

No, he is a mighty fine runner of the footy, but doesn't have enough attributes to make him the man he needs to be to earn that coin

Great in broken play but i dont see him chiming into the backline and ball playing. Defensively sound but not soectacular either. Not to shabby under the high ball

Great player against tired staggered defence but does little to dismantle a defence like the top flighters

He is the fullback version of our very own dce in my opinion, not the individual traits but has some real good game, just not enough

Set up a cracker of a try last night. I think he'll do well at fullback next year, with Drinkwater taking the five-eight role. Drinkwater is potentially a very, very good half.
Drinkwater is playing really well. The kid has a lethal left boot on him. Him and Holmes are driving a Cowboy resurgence. Still not in Turbo's class - but really, who is?

Don't know why the Cowboys paid so much coin for Chad Townsend. Crazy to think they might lose Drinkwater for Chad. Dearden is one thing - but 800k for Townsend is madness. I reckon if they could rewind the clock then the situation would likely change.

Don't know why the Cowboys paid so much coin for Chad Townsend. Crazy to think they might lose Drinkwater for Chad. Dearden is one thing - but 800k for Townsend is madness. I reckon if they could rewind the clock then the situation would likely change.

After Dearden and Townsend signed, Drinkys dad was encouraging him to consider other options however Scott loves the coach and Townsville so he resigned for 2 years. It’s starting to show as he is playing really good footy at the moment. I reckon Dearden may be the one nervous as he will probably end up on the bench. Drinky is a far better player than Dearden. They like Townsend given he is an older head.

After Dearden and Townsend signed, Drinkys dad was encouraging him to consider other options however Scott loves the coach and Townsville so he resigned for 2 years. It’s starting to show as he is playing really good footy at the moment. I reckon Dearden may be the one nervous as he will probably end up on the bench. Drinky is a far better player than Dearden. They like Townsend given he is an older head.
Cheers mate. Drinkwater certainly has some skills. He always seems to have time to do what he wants with the ball in hand, and he's super competitive. Likeable player to boot.

So, he re-signed with the Cows?

Cheers mate. Drinkwater certainly has some skills. He always seems to have time to do what he wants with the ball in hand, and he's super competitive. Likeable player to boot.

So, he re-signed with the Cows?
Yes he is a really nice young bloke and has all the skills. Yep 2 years. Everyone that knows him was a bit surprised but good on him for backing himself.

Yes he is a really nice young bloke and has all the skills. Yep 2 years. Everyone that knows him was a bit surprised but good on him for backing himself.
Thanks for sharing - I like seeing the offspring of the Panthers players from the Len Stacker era develop into quality NRL players. There were a lot of good people associated with the chocolate soldiers back then.

Weird that when he was asked about it after the game he said he hadn't spoken to anyone at the Cows about his future.

I remember his brother Josh coming through the lower grades at Manly. Always thought he'd be a decent player but never really got an opportunity in the NRL. Still playing in the UK though, I believe.

Weird that when he was asked about it after the game he said he hadn't spoken to anyone at the Cows about his future.

I remember his brother Josh coming through the lower grades at Manly. Always thought he'd be a decent player but never really got an opportunity in the NRL. Still playing in the UK though, I believe.
Wow that’s weird I read it somewhere about a week ago so I messaged his uncle and he confirmed re loving coach and area. Perhaps there has been an issue. I will suss it out. Josh is still in UK.

Put him on a par with Ash Tailor as a million dollar player.. He is a long way from the elites and did the cowboys even have to offer him that amount to get him back from his failed NFL experiment.. Panic buy

Members online

Latest posts

Team P W L PD Pts
6 5 1 59 12
6 5 1 20 12
6 4 2 53 10
6 4 2 30 10
7 4 2 25 9
7 4 3 40 8
7 4 3 24 8
7 4 3 -8 8
7 4 3 -18 8