Val Holmes .... Myth ?

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.
He’s worth what someone is willing to pay for him in the nrl, that’s it. As for the NFL, my thoughts are the same as when Hayne went over, these guys are good in a comp that comparatively buigger all people play. The US has what 220million odd? To think either would compete is nothing short of ridiculous. Hayne was surprising but had no idea about blocking assignments as a HB. Holmes as a WR??? Really, where on a roster? Top two? No! Slot, possibly but has no idea about the intricacies of route running and how to get separation off a nickel back - if he even knew what one was. Anyhow, always thought this guy was overrated. He’s not near a mil a year imo.

Always had him down as over rated. His last 6 months at the Sharks when he played fullback were outstanding though but I need to see more before putting him into the top bracket

He is talented no doubt. There are some weaknesses in his game but he was ironing them out when he left for the US. Kiwi is spot on; he was the form player in the competition at the back end of 2018. He finally nailed down the fullback role and was growing in confidence. His support play was fantastic and Slater like.

Released from Jets practice squad and on his way home. These NFL dreams don't last long once someone waves a cheque in their face.

He’s worth what someone is willing to pay for him in the nrl, that’s it. As for the NFL, my thoughts are the same as when Hayne went over, these guys are good in a comp that comparatively buigger all people play. The US has what 220million odd? To think either would compete is nothing short of ridiculous. Hayne was surprising but had no idea about blocking assignments as a HB. Holmes as a WR??? Really, where on a roster? Top two? No! Slot, possibly but has no idea about the intricacies of route running and how to get separation off a nickel back - if he even knew what one was. Anyhow, always thought this guy was overrated. He’s not near a mil a year imo.
USA population is just shy of 330 million as of November 10.
Totally agree with the rest.
You only need to watch the series QB1, to see how hard it is to make it, and this is high school level. Mad intensity.

Check out “QB1: Beyond the Lights” on Netflix

USA population is just shy of 330 million as of November 10.
Totally agree with the rest.
You only need to watch the series QB1, to see how hard it is to make it, and this is high school level. Mad intensity.

Check out “QB1: Beyond the Lights” on Netflix
I’ll be starting that series tonight... just watched the trailer. Thanks for the tip.

Val looks like a very very good $300k winger ..... he is not a fullbacks butt-crack ....

I hope all the numbnuts that bag Jorge watched that comedy of patheticness that is Val ...

He is not involved in the game enough to have the impact for that Top bracket style player....if you look at the involvement of the Tedesco, Turbo , Slater types....Holmes has only 30% of their involvement.
Very elusive, instinctive and speedy, but until he gets more involved...it's impossible to talk about him in the Top shelf bracket of players regardless of his pay cheque's

He is not involved in the game enough to have the impact for that Top bracket style player....if you look at the involvement of the Tedesco, Turbo , Slater types....Holmes has only 30% of their involvement.
Very elusive, instinctive and speedy, but until he gets more involved...it's impossible to talk about him in the Top shelf bracket of players regardless of his pay cheque's

Did you see last nights game Maxta ?? .... would be interested in your observations ....

I am prepared to call it early ... it is not so much a case of is Val an elite level fullback .... but a case of Val is a complete dud as a full back ... his shiiteehouseinness can not be understated ... he has no feel for the position ..... I thought that game I saw him play at fullback for the Sharks must have been just a bad day .... but no .... it appears terrible is his normal .....

Bloody good winger though .... OH ... and a bloody good promotor ....

You think Holmes was bad, what about DWZ !!!! jeez didn't he cough up some pill last night

Did you see last nights game Maxta ?? .... would be interested in your observations ....

I am prepared to call it early ... it is not so much a case of is Val an elite level fullback .... but a case of Val is a complete dud as a full back ... his shiiteehouseinness can not be understated ... he has no feel for the position ..... I thought that game I saw him play at fullback for the Sharks must have been just a bad day .... but no .... it appears terrible is his normal .....

Bloody good winger though .... OH ... and a bloody good promotor ....
Must confess only got to h/t last night Woodsie, before my wife highjacked the footy.
A standout factor I witnessed in that time, was the lack of involvement Val had in that time...Cows lapped up a sad looking Dogs team, where Drinkwater was the bloke you would think was 2 grades above Holmes if you didn't know their history.
I do agree at this point he adds more as a winger, but do feel as the season kicks on, he will add attacking potency, but the game is based on more than a few flashes of brilliance.
If Holmes is to jump to that elite level, needs to lift work rate, rocks/diamonds moments and ignore this over hype that the media give him, particularly since his stint in the USA

Valentine was a lot better last night than he was in round one. I was impressed, except for his air-swing that gifted the Dogs their last try.

@maxta ... check out Val's position and game awareness for the bulldog try at the 2.20 mark and his athletism at the 4.01 try ,,,

@maxta ... check out Val's position and game awareness for the bulldog try at the 2.20 mark and his athletism at the 4.01 try ,,,

Yep, that positioning during the Dogs opener was park footy and that last try....just too casual and he does have that in his game, even looked sloppy how he raised his leg at the ball and deserved that embarrassing highlight reel...the slick cutout pass Holmes delivered for the Cows opening try illustrates his natural footy prowess, however if you get caught up in your own press, those crazy brain snap moments will find you also....as the best players still don't have heads in the clouds but apply top effort, rather than expect their god given talent is enough to place them above other players...

Members online

Team P W L PD Pts
7 6 1 54 14
6 5 1 59 12
6 4 2 53 10
6 4 2 30 10
7 4 2 25 9
8 4 4 73 8
7 4 3 40 8
7 4 3 24 8
7 3 4 17 8
7 4 3 -8 8