Under the radar and dealing with adversity

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.

sheridanstand78

First Grader
The thing that I saw today was Manly show great adaptability to change their game plan with 30 minutes to go and keep the game plan simple after losing Tommy. The leadership our pack showed as a collective really stood out for me as they showed how much they are improving as a unit.

If you had said to me two seasons ago that we would win games like this after losing 3 quality backs in the game and having 2 further backs out injured shows you that we have some quality depth to cover these injuries and that there is a resilience that was light years away under the previous coach.

Losing Tommy Turbo for any amount of time is tough to take and is a threat to our success this season. What gives you confidence is that Manly lost him for large chunks of last season and managed to hold their own and modify their game to cope.

The thing that really sticks out as well right now is the calmness being shown by Des and the team, no one is getting ahead of themselves and he is building the run to the finals with an emphasis on solid defence and doing the basics well. The team has loads of improvement in them and that is nice to know that this team is far from the finished article.

You sense that if this trend continues that we are going to be a big threat over the next few seasons and all we need is a bit of luck with injuries and we have a great chance.

When I hear commentators like Gus Gould say that in his opinion that it is one of the best ever ever wins hes witnessed I think it demonstrates the respect our team has out there and that the other clubs that are feted out there like the deserved favourites the Rorters and the contenders for this season know that if they are to beat our team they have to play out of their skins as this side we see is growing and improving with each performance.

As Des said tonight that wins like this build seasons, it is now important to manage expectations as the fair fans out therer will see the merits of todays win. The commentators have already written us off with Tommy. I am sure that Des will use this to motivate the boys.

Two years ago, we were going no where fast and now we see real hope for this side. I said in an earlier post that this win reminded me of the courage of the 78 team. If they continue this we are in for one hell of a ride watching this team grow and improve to be potential champions!

Back under the radar boys!!!

Injuries will play a part in the success, or not, of all teams.
While we have a host of them we can be proud as Sea Eagle fans that all the players in the squad are courageous and have bought into the Manly 'never say die' spirit.
Today we had underrated players such as the Frog, Tent, Levi, Tyfuna, Jetski, Elliot and Lance really stand up against adversity.
This win was one for the special memories file that we need on occasions to revisit to remind ourselves why we follow this mighty club.

yeah we will go nowhere with replacements like Croker, Elliott and Keppie

Do I need to keep going?
No...did you watch these guys play today?

There is a salary cap for MWSE and ALL these guys punched WELL over their allotted cost today.

Are you a masquerading Rorters, Shoncos, Vermin or Drizzle supporter who is used to thinking replacements are million dollar men?

Please don't be offended at my response but it was an incredibly unsubjective post.

Just for fun...who would the sombrero clubs replace their superstar FB, prop and 5/8 with that would outdo what Elliot, Keppie and Croker did today?

Last edited:
No...did you watch these guys play today?

There is a salary cap for MWSE and ALL these guys punched WELL over their allotted cost today.

Are you a masquerading Rorters, Shoncos, Vermin or Drizzle supporter who is used to thinking replacements are million dollar men?

Please don't be offended at my response but it was an incredibly unsubjective post.

Just for fun...who would the sombrero clubs replace their superstar FB, prop and 5/8 with that would outdo what Elliot, Keppie and Croker did today?
I think under the sticks was being sarcastic wasn't he?

Glsd to see Keepie start, he ate up the confidence boost that the situation gave him, great work by Des as canberra are a hard hitting team and youncan see keppie dont back down.

Des's ethos is you go hard and then keep going, regardless of the situation. The team really shows it.

Finals don't start until October so plenty of time for anything to happen. But already we have proved we have a solid base of fighting spirit and confidence and that will take us a long way in this year's comp, so all aboard and let's enjoy the ride!

Glsd to see Keepie start, he ate up the confidence boost that the situation gave him, great work by Des as canberra are a hard hitting team and youncan see keppie dont back down.

Des's ethos is you go hard and then keep going, regardless of the situation. The team really shows it.
He was outstanding and should start next week with Marty off the bench .

Team P W L PD Pts
7 6 1 54 14
6 5 1 59 12
6 4 2 53 10
6 4 2 30 10
7 4 2 25 9
8 4 4 73 8
7 4 3 40 8
7 4 3 24 8
7 3 4 17 8
7 4 3 -8 8
8 4 4 -60 8