Under 14k at SFS, vs 20k+ at Brookie

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.
Ridiculous decision by Gallop and the NRL (No Real Leadership) The game at 7.30pm at Brookvale would have had at least 15 thousand. I just can't understand why the club bosses stand for this guy. This was always going to be a stupid decision.

Oooohh.. THAT's why I didn't see the official crowd figure during the channel 9 broadcast of the Sea Eagles v Cowboys match at the SFS tonight... Was it really ONLY 13,972?!

Whilst I honestly thought there looked and sounded like over 20k there, and I loved seeing all the Maroon & White in the crowd when it panned across them, under 14k really sucks for a Finals match.
And of course the late kickoff didn't help: the prior game should have been 5:30, this game 7:30, or something, and there would have been 18-19k at Brookvale I reckon.

If that isn't a slap in the face for the ridiculous NRL decision-makers who brought in this finals week 1 grounds guidelines, I don't know what is.

NRL CHANGE IT BACK NEXT YEAR.

The time of the game probably kept away 6k as families could not really go but it was a pathetic effort by our fans for a final. More better come in 2 weeks.

Was my first live game of the year and oh boy what a game it was... Can't believe it was only 14-15k from what is said on here. So proud to be apart of the vocals if that was how low the groud attendance was..

What an awesome 2nd half!!
Manly 2011 premiers!!!!!!!

it was bloody freezing i tell you.. but for only 13,000 - very vocal crowd. probably the fact that people could go out drinking a few hours before the game made them more vocal..

Just go back and look at the crowd numbers for the 2007 game against Souffs & the 2008 game against St Choke. This was an appalling decision by Gallup and he should be held to account for the lost revenue to the NRL.

I just cannot believe this guy continues to keep his job!!!!!

What a great night though. Was disappointing when we saw the crowd number. It was cold and late but the 2nd half warmed us up jumping up and down. Lost my voice too

At Central at 8 pm there were 30 buses waiting to take the crowd and no crowd. Getting home was easy too with little queque on the bus.

I think some fans were genuinely disgusted with the treatment of the club after the brawl but also voted with their feet re the home semi. There were no Cowboy fans there at all. I expect a much bigger crowd next fortnight though!!! Many more Manly fans will be there for sure.

crap crowd is on gallops shoulders

what other CEO could lose 150K on previous years and keep their job?

Central Coast Eagle said:
Whats the difference though, why would there be an extra 9k or so at brookie?

Because 830pm in the City is different to 830pm on the Northern Beaches. At the SFS it will take them an hour to get home so it will be 1130pm at least before the kids are in bed. At Brookie it would be 20 mins average.

In addition, there are a lot of Manly fans that just don't travel. They would have gone to the game at Brookie but gone to the club or stayed at home otherwise.

Last year we had a game in the finals at Kogarah and had about 50 supporters there. That was a Sunday arvo as well. It shows our fans don't travel, it doesn't matter how good or bad the facilities are. There is a solid group of about 100 - 200 that try to get to every game. Tonight you saw the Sydney faithful that didn't have kids to look after. If we were at Brookie you would have seen the Sydney faithful in full voice.

There would have been maybe another 5000 at Brookie tonight.

Garts said:
The time of the game probably kept away 6k as families could not really go but it was a pathetic effort by our fans for a final. More better come in 2 weeks.

They will, we just need to advise them that the wagon is full ;)

Reading the comments from 'other' fans in the newspapers, it's quite obvious that they simply don't know where Manly is.
They also don't know that there are are no trains on the peninsular.

Getting to your local train station and getting out at the entrance of the footy park is so much easier. A bus just isn't the same.

Buses on the peninsular stop at strange times and don't go further than Mona Vale after 11pm.

If last night's game was going to be @ Brookie, I & some mates probably would have driven down & back from Newcastle for it, for another Fortress Brookvale experience.

And whilst I was tempted to head to the SFS, it just didn't appeal enough to warrant it.

Finals Wk 3 in the Prelim' Finals for Manly will be @ Stadium Australia I guess? Or maybe SFS again?
Wk3 we expect it to be a bigger ground, and we'll seriously consider going to it regardless.

Go Manly!

Whatever excuses are rolled out, it's a pretty bad look for the club.
There's a lot of banging on about the media manager or our difficulties in attracting sponsorships but if we've got no fans, it's a pretty hard sell.

I'm happy that moving it away from Brookie looks stupid but our club now also looks stupid.

Poor effort Manly fans.

it is Duff, it looked empty at 8pm and my mate goes "hope heaps turn up soon" Won't help getting Brookie re-developed. We need a money guarantee. Mate also said "what happens if we have a bad year on the field? Good point

So many people have said in the past that Manly should move away from Brookie and have the SFS as our home ground.

Well the people have spoken, lets not ever suggest that stupid idea again.

Love brooky as I do, I had the perfect pie at the sfs last night. Not to hot or cold and a beer with it that I has to queue for about 10 seconds for.

Facilities there are excellent.

Duff said:
Whatever excuses are rolled out, it's a pretty bad look for the club.
There's a lot of banging on about the media manager or our difficulties in attracting sponsorships but if we've got no fans, it's a pretty hard sell.

I'm happy that moving it away from Brookie looks stupid but our club now also looks stupid.

Poor effort Manly fans.

Im sorry Duff but I cant blame the club for this one. Our ground may be rubbish but it is what it is and its our home. We dont have trains going to Brooky and we have a Council that is hamstrung by Greens we are in the safest liberal seat in Australia so everything really is against us. If this was the NFL the NFL partnership would as as one unit Lobby the state and federal governments to provide funding for upgrading that clubs facility. Why cant the NRL provide a grant to clubs like ours to upgrade the facilities once the new TV deal happens, 40 Mil would be a drop in the ocean and it would fortify NRL on the Northern Beaches, but something tells me they arent ever going to do that.

I sent this to the Continous Call team and to the sunday roast.

I was dissapointed to hear the guys on the Sunday Footy Show say that it finals should all be played at stadiums. The perpetual "Try Hard" Andrew Voss was adamant that it is a joke if we play finals at Suburban grounds. Well i guess that he would say that because he probably lives in the middle of sydney and gets home quicker from SFS or ANZ and he gets to sit in Air Conditioned comfort in those grounds whilst enjoying a Prawn Sandwich in the Ch9 Corporate Box. No wonder he reckons Brookie is not good enough. I was dissapointed that Joey didnt get stuck into them about it. Could you imagine if the NRL took away a home game from Newcastle because the old Energy Australia stadium wasnt up to scratch. Newcastle would have marched the streets, but that would never happen because the NRL wouldnt do that to them for fear of a backlash. They dont care about Manly because they dont see Northern Beaches Kids as future league players also they know that most of Manl!
ys supporter base is spread all over the country so Manly cant rally the troops like everyone else. They have Manly by the short and curlys and unfortunately there is bugger all Manly and the fans can do about it. I doubt even if they upgrade Brookie to the boutique dog walking track the Warringah Council Greenies are proposing, that Manly would be having any more finals games there anyway. Voss also said its not only about Manly and Cowboys fans going to their teams games but its the responsibility of other clubs fans to get there also. IS HE OFF HIS HEAD????? how rich does he think supporters are????.

At the very least the NRL could make the game that is pulled away from a clubs suburban ground a Saturday or Sunday afternoon game with free buses for ticket holders from those grounds. They could have been so positive in the way they dealt with it but instead they were happy just to treat Manly with contempt whilst the News Ltd clubs in their insular one team towns had the biggest advantage of all time with Brisbanes 57000 doing it for Darren. As per usual. If people like Rebecca Wilson and Voss are saying Manly are perpetuating a negative venomous toxic attitude to the NRL, is it any wonder????? because the NRL are hardly killing us with kindness.

Staff online

• Jethro
    Star Trekkin' across the universe
  • lsz
    First Grader
Team P W L PD Pts
6 5 1 20 12
6 4 2 53 10
5 4 1 23 10
6 4 2 48 8
6 4 2 28 8
5 3 2 14 8