Unchanged line-up announced

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.

Ridgey

Des Hasler has named an unchanged line-up for the Sea Eagles match against NRL Grand Finalists the North Queensland Cowboys. Adam Cuthbertson will travelling be the 18th man.

NRL Team: Brett Stewart, Paul Stephenson, Steve Bell, Steve Matai, Chris Hicks, Michael Monaghan, Matt Orford, Jason King, Shayne Dunley, Brent Kite, Steve Menzies, Anthony Watmough, Ben Kennedy©
Interchange: Travis Burns, Luke Williamson, Kylie Leuluai, Mark Bryant, Adam Cuthbertson (1 player to be omitted)

COWBOYS: Matt Bowen, Neil Sweeney, Ty Williams, Paul Bowman, Matt Sing, Johnathan Thurston ©, Brett Firman, Mitchell Sargent, Aaron Payne, Shane Tronc, Jacob Lillyman, Luke O'Donnell, Travis Norton
Interchange: David Faiumu, Steve Southern, Justin Smith, Matthew Scott

Damn, that Cowboys team has strength all over the park

Hasler's view is probably that he's damned if he does, damned if he doesn't. It was only one loss, and he is having to go on the road - might have copped a lot of flack for changing the team based on one result.

That said, I wouldn't have started Dunley at hooker. He is clearly not capable of playing all those minutes.

Ridgey, I am getting the feeling you are dessie!

I just dont understand that he just wont give ballin a go. How are you ever to know what could be if you don't try it. If I were a young footballer hoping to make it through the ranks to 1st grade, this would put me off playing for manly.

or at least hes rooting dessie

You're an oxygen thief mate.....

I can see how much it disturbs you to have to hear someone else express an opinion......at least Mata retorts with something more intelligent that homosexual inferences....

While I agree with the principle of stepping reserve graders up to first grade (obviously, how else does anyone make it to the top grade), this needs to be done gradually and preferrably one player at a time where possible. I don't believe that the wholelsale promotion of Cuthbertson and Ballin in the same week will really address anything. Today, the gap between first grade and reserve grade is probably wider than it has ever been. Just look at the match against Newcastle @ Newcastle in 2005 to get an idea. What really matters now is "NRL experience". Yes, of course we have to promote players from reserves to allow them to gain such experience. But lets do it initially off the bench, and then in a phased way. We don't have any injuries, so nothing is forcing the issue just yet.

And for its worth, I am no apologist for Des. Quite the oppositie in fact.

I hope that they win but I am fearful that we will get smashed.

The only way he is going to change the team is if we play badly every game for a month and then he might make changes because he will be forced to.

At least this week we can turn the TV off if they don't play well instead of having to sit through D grade mistake riddled crap again.

Lighten up Ridgey, and grow some thicker skin.

or your other option is to go F#ck yourself.

I couldnt care less either way.

Hey Byso and Dan, this knob bites easier than anyone else ever has :)

[quote author=Fro]

I can see how much it disturbs you to have to hear someone else express an opinion......at least Mata retorts with something more intelligent that homosexual inferences....
[/quote]

Thats a bit harsh, i was not aware there was a law against oxygen and it's consumption.
WHo is the regulating body on this?
Who polices it?
Where should I have been paying for my oxygen at?

Well if Dessie thinks one big loss is not enough evidence to go changing the lineup, then it should be case closed after we get hammered again this week. As Fatty would say, it's a five-eighth-a-thon!!

Well I don't know what everyone is complaining about, past history suggests des wouldn't change the side and he hasn't. We all should have known that this was going to happen so get over it

[quote author=Ridgey]
[quote author=Fro]

[/quote]

Thats a bit harsh, i was not aware there was a law against oxygen and it's consumption.
WHo is the regulating body on this?
Who polices it?
Where should I have been paying for my oxygen at?
[/quote]

In other words, a "waste of breach" son.....
Not quite sure how you arrived at the conclusion that I was suggesting there was a law "against oxygen", rather my post would suggest that Fro had been consuming illegally....the rest of your post was reasonably witty though compared to your usual droll efforts....

Latest posts

Team P W L PD Pts
3 3 0 48 6
3 2 1 45 4
3 2 1 28 4
3 2 1 22 4
3 2 1 15 4
3 2 1 14 4
2 1 1 13 4
3 2 1 10 4
2 1 1 6 4
3 2 1 -3 4