Tyrone May

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.

Not Paul Kent

Reserve Grader
Off Contract for 2022. With the Panthers facing salary cap pressure to keep their team together he's one that may (pardon the pun) be squeezed out. I see a place for him in the Maroon & White and the more I think about it the more I like it.

Case for: I'd be looking to sign him as a versatile centre, who can more than ably act as a back-up fullback or half. I think he'd add a huge amount of value over Parker in attack, he could go a way to being the skilled Jamie Lyon type piece in our attack (not comparing his ability to Killer, referring to functional role) or for a more modern example what Matt Burton brings at the Panthers.

Case against: He has had some off-field drama and without knowing him I won't speculate as to whether or not he's a good cultural fit. What I will say is from the misdemeanors I'm aware of they are stupid but seem more a kid making dumb mistakes.

The other point worth raising in terms of culture, on the field he seems to be a player who knows what it takes to win. I recall some big moments against us in past seasons where he found a way to get the job done.

In conclusion I think he'd be a great get for us provided those in the know give him the good bloke tick.

Off Contract for 2022. With the Panthers facing salary cap pressure to keep their team together he's one that may (pardon the pun) be squeezed out. I see a place for him in the Maroon & White and the more I think about it the more I like it.

Case for: I'd be looking to sign him as a versatile centre, who can more than ably act as a back-up fullback or half. I think he'd add a huge amount of value over Parker in attack, he could go a way to being the skilled Jamie Lyon type piece in our attack (not comparing his ability to Killer, referring to functional role) or for a more modern example what Matt Burton brings at the Panthers.

Case against: He has had some off-field drama and without knowing him I won't speculate as to whether or not he's a good cultural fit. What I will say is from the misdemeanors I'm aware of they are stupid but seem more a kid making dumb mistakes.

The other point worth raising in terms of culture, on the field he seems to be a player who knows what it takes to win. I recall some big moments against us in past seasons where he found a way to get the job done.

In conclusion I think he'd be a great get for us provided those in the know give him the good bloke tick.
He’s another guy that has struggled to nail down his best position. I don’t believe he could cover fullback and he’s certainly no better than the utilities we currently have in our squad - Lawton and Walker.

Really?
The Rock Reaction GIF by WWE

If Burton sidesteps Dogs, which won't happen - that's a serious consideration....but May is not an advance on our current quad

If we were going for the likes of Tyrone May who I dont really rate much more than a grub someone like Curtis Scott if his issues are fixed/fixable would be a better fit in terms of general talent for center and back up fullback .Ryan I think mentioned this on a previous post , which much like this May suggestion was howled down as the most ridiculous suggestion since someone said lets sign Chris Bailey,anyway all good food for thought ,if one is inclined to think.

I have a thick skin 🤷‍♂️

Philosophy has taught me to rely on my own convictions rather than on the judgements of others and to concern myself less with whether I am well thought of than whether what I do or say is evil.
Well said. As the song says…."you maybe wrong, but you maybe right".

Members online

Latest posts

Team P W L PD Pts
3 3 0 48 6
3 2 1 45 4
3 2 1 28 4
3 2 1 22 4
3 2 1 15 4
3 2 1 14 4
2 1 1 13 4
3 2 1 10 4
2 1 1 6 4