Tyrone May

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.
The stuff about the Tedesco "investigation" is laughable too.

The NRL has left the door open for Tyrone May to return to the game as they prepare to hand down their findings in the James Tedesco ‘Squid Game’ case.

May had his contract ripped up by Penrith last week following his controversial social media post after the grand final.

The NRL fined May $7500 for “social media posts which do not align with the values of the game”, but the Panthers opted to take the matter further and shredded his one-year extension for the 2022 season.

May narrowly avoided a jail sentence in 2020 after pleading guilty to four counts of intentionally recording an intimate image without consent. The saga appeared to be over when the victim began civil proceedings against May, with the parties settling out of court earlier this year.

While no NRL club has offered May a lifeline as yet, NRL boss Andrew Abdo said the 25-year-old had not been blacklisted for good.

The game has previously re-registered Matt Lodge and Russell Packer, who both served jail time for violent criminal offences.

“We will always be open to any proposal that is put in front of us and give it the absolute attention it requires and then make a call,” Abdo said. “There is no edict to say ‘player X’ can’t be registered.

“I was asked after the grand final if I was disappointed with the negative headlines coming out of some of the instances we had seen from the Panthers.

“I’m always disappointed when rugby league is in the headlines for the wrong reasons. We want to make sure we’re making the best decisions and we’re in the headlines for the right reasons.

“That’s not to say any player or any person is under a cloud of not being welcome in our game. That’s a big call. We don’t make those calls too often.

“Any registration for any player that is put to us by a club and the player is considered, we run through a due process, we do it very fair and objectively, so there are no constraints around that.”

May came off the bench in the Panthers’ grand final victory and was used as a centre in last year’s decider. He came through the grades as a playmaker.

Meanwhile, Abdo said the NRL were finalising their investigation into an incident involving Tedesco allegedly shouting ‘squid games’ at a woman outside a Bondi hotel.

The Sydney Roosters and NSW Blues captain maintained it was a misunderstanding after Tiffany Trinh, who is of Vietnamese descent, told the Herald last month she was launching a formal complaint to the NRL over the incident, which she felt was a “joke about her race”.

Abdo, who could hand down their Tedesco findings in the next 24 hours, said: “We have been actively investigating and hope to conclude that investigation this week. It’s a matter we take really seriously. The allegations were pretty serious, we want to make sure we do a thorough investigation and then comment on it afterwards.”

I can't believe the level of 'hurt feelings' a quip about Squid Games has caused.
Would any of you take offence if an Asian quipped 'Crocodile Dundee' to you?
I wouldn't. In fact, it would be an opportunity to engage the quipper in some friendly banter.
Fair dinkum, you can get branded a racist for nothing these days.

I can't believe the level of 'hurt feelings' a quip about Squid Games has caused.
I wouldn't. In fact, it would be an opportunity to engage the quipper in some friendly banter.
Unfortunately that's the current world we live in.

I work for a larger US Tech company and our HR department's current mantra is all about Diversity and Inclusion which is fine but you have to be unbelievably careful about what you say and who might hear it.

We had to do mandatory training on "microagressions" which is what this Squid Games incident is all about.

Unfortunately that's the current world we live in.

I work for a larger US Tech company and our HR department's current mantra is all about Diversity and Inclusion which is fine but you have to be unbelievably careful about what you say and who might hear it.

We had to do mandatory training on "microagressions" which is what this Squid Games incident is all about.

I wonder how "microaggressions" would go on a football field?
...."so guys, I want you to be micro-aggressive when the whistle blows; you know what I mean, you can tackle 'em hard but make sure you don't hurt their feelings!"

If you make a put-down comment based on someone's race, then it's racist. It's not that complicated?
Otherwise known as casual racism. No need for it, and often it wasn't intended to humiliate someone but can have that effect.
Thank you for the information. In my opinion whoever has pushed this 'casual racism' line should lighten up and gain an appreciation of 'casual humour'.
When I'm called "skippy" or "skip" by members of the Lebanese community I smile in appreciation of their attempt at humorous banter rather than taking offence. Likewise, when we Australians refer to Americans as "septics' it is done so in jest, rather than a racist barb.
Perhaps I'm simply of a generation that doesn't understand why so few of our younger generation can laugh at themselves.

yes, **** movie laden with cliches. I would take severe offence, especially if a rooster said it to me.

Thank you for the information. In my opinion whoever has pushed this 'casual racism' line should lighten up and gain an appreciation of 'casual humour'.
When I'm called "skippy" or "skip" by members of the Lebanese community I smile in appreciation of their attempt at humorous banter rather than taking offence. Likewise, when we Australians refer to Americans as "septics' it is done so in jest, rather than a racist barb.
Perhaps I'm simply of a generation that doesn't understand why so few of our younger generation can laugh at themselves.
I hear what you are saying china.

do we even need a player that plays his positions, we are full of utiliy types. we need a hooker and even if he can play there he is just another fill in type. speculation of his off field is pointless, we just dont need another unconvincing player in that position

I hear what you are saying china.
It seems that the days of "Dark Humour" are on their way out. Disclaimer for our PC Silvertails - Please note that the term Dark Humour refers to a style of comedy that makes light of subject matter that is generally considered taboo. The term itself should not be considered as offensive in my opinion. Politically correct wokeness makes it so much harder for comedians, writers, satirists to not cross the invisible line of what is considered generally, socially acceptable. This is because the line has moved in so far over recent times. The days of black humor, dark humor, dark comedy, morbid humor, or gallows humor, will soon be gone. Substituted by narrowminded pc jargon and lefty woke bull****.

Funny comment by Hann

May.PNG

He has come form a struggling family and needs nurturing

The right coach with a different environment can bring the best version out of him

We are all a work in progress and so is May
May doesn’t care about anyone and deserves nothing. Not only is he utterly talentless in a premiership-quality team, he is a narcissistic sex offender that plead guilty yet acts like he was hard done by on his socials just to look like a movie protagonist that’s overcome adversity to rise from the ashes.

The reality is that he was very, very lucky to make that Grand Final squad. And even then he nearly blew it with characteristic errors and clunkiness. His career so far has come straight from nepotism. Now he can’t find another contract here and reality is hopefully hitting home for him.

Last edited by a moderator:
He is one of those players that needs some time away from the game to then prove himself (much like Scott) rather than being given second or third chances

The difference in somebody calling me skip or me calling my white British mates pom is we are not marginalised.

It is pretty easy for a white male (referring to myself) to not take offense as we have predominantly lived a life from a position of power.

Maybe Clive Palmer will sign him up to the UAP as a candidate for the next Federal Election.

Then Clive can have a pair of football Muppets in his team.

I remember at school we played touch footy at lunch time . The skips v the Wogs and I was proud captain of the Wogs team . We stirred each other but in good fun .

There is no fun any more . People are too serious

A quote by Niels Bohr
There are somethings so serious that you have to laugh at them

Go the Wogs !!!

Team P W L PD Pts
7 6 1 54 14
6 5 1 59 12
8 5 2 39 11
6 4 2 53 10
6 4 2 30 10
8 4 4 73 8
7 4 3 40 8