Tyrone May

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.

The NRL career of Tyrone May is again at the crossroads after Penrith stood him down immediately until a club board meeting determines whether to sack the controversial playmaker.

May was one of three Panthers players hit with proposed fines from the NRL for “acting contrary to the best interests of the game” during the club’s grand final celebrations.

The NRL integrity unit investigated a series of incidents following the Panthers’ premiership celebrations, opting to issue breach notices to May, Nathan Cleary and Stephen Crichton worth a combined $18,500.
The matter will begin and end with fines for Cleary and Crichton, who are facing fines of $7,000 and $4000 respectively after they were photographed on social media acting in a disrespectful manner toward the NRL premiership trophy.

May, however, faces the prospect of his contract being torn up after his latest incident.

The NRL proposed a $7,500 fine for May, who was instructed to complete further education programs after being part of “social media posts which do not align with the values of the game.” However, the Panthers shave stood the utility down from club-related duties until further notice and the matter will be considered further at the upcoming meeting of the Panthers board.

The NRL career of Tyrone May is again at the crossroads after Penrith stood him down immediately until a club board meeting determines whether to sack the controversial playmaker.

May was one of three Panthers players hit with proposed fines from the NRL for “acting contrary to the best interests of the game” during the club’s grand final celebrations.

The NRL integrity unit investigated a series of incidents following the Panthers’ premiership celebrations, opting to issue breach notices to May, Nathan Cleary and Stephen Crichton worth a combined $18,500.
The matter will begin and end with fines for Cleary and Crichton, who are facing fines of $7,000 and $4000 respectively after they were photographed on social media acting in a disrespectful manner toward the NRL premiership trophy.

May, however, faces the prospect of his contract being torn up after his latest incident.

The NRL proposed a $7,500 fine for May, who was instructed to complete further education programs after being part of “social media posts which do not align with the values of the game.” However, the Panthers shave stood the utility down from club-related duties until further notice and the matter will be considered further at the upcoming meeting of the Panthers board.
He is off contract anyway?

Naturally, if you had three players misbehave you'd sack the worst player, regardless of the severity of the offence.
Worst, and least talented.

I find the provan/summons figures being placed in baby harnesses and pram pretty funny though I must admit.

But they really must have busted the trophy to get them out of the mounting, jeez dropped from a great height? Did they use tools? Anyone know?

Ps I just realised you meant least talented when you said worst. I took worst to mean the worst character out of the 3.

I dont understand the original sentencing... wasn't May on 3 year good behaviour plus community service but still allowed to head to Qld and act like a pork chop?

Am I the only one that sees the irony of the NRL having a "Women in League" round.

The number of incidents that come to light showing a total disregard for women is sickening.
And then we get the apology.

It's a joke. How hard is it to be respectful ?

May has a couple of younger brothers coming through at Penrith so I guess it all depends on how good they are as to whether they sack him or not.

Tyrone Maybe a talented player

But he certainly has some issues that need to be fixed before he fux his footy career

Evidently today is D Day for Tyrone with the Panfers Board meeting to decide his future after being stood down.

My money is they won't sack him as he's mates with Cleary Jr, so there will be the usual grovelling apology written by their PR team.

Evidently today is D Day for Tyrone with the Panfers Board meeting to decide his future after being stood down.

My money is they won't sack him as he's mates with Cleary Jr, so there will be the usual grovelling apology written by their PR team.
I hope they keep him,just so we don’t have someone on here ask the question “should Manly sign him?”with the kicker”if we get him for the right money”

Tyrone May has seven days to save his NRL career with Penrith deciding to issue him a show-cause notice after his controversial social media post after this year’s grand final.

The one-year extension he signed for the 2022 season, which was recently registered by the NRL, is now in serious danger of being torn up.

The Herald can reveal the Panthers board gathered on Wednesday morning to discuss May’s future, deciding to give the 25-year-old an opportunity to front the club’s directors next week and convince them why his contract shouldn’t be torn up.

The club issued a statement on Wednesday afternoon.

“At today’s meeting of the Panthers Board of Directors it was determined May’s conduct constituted a serious breach of his NRL playing contract,” it read.

“In accordance with disciplinary protocol, May will have the opportunity to appear before the Board next Wednesday before a sanction is imposed.”

The Herald understands May’s off-field indiscretions during his time at the Panthers, which were brought back into the spotlight following his social media post in the aftermath of Penrith’s premiership victory, have taken their toll on decision-makers at the club.

While he still retains the support of coach Ivan Cleary and superstar halfback Nathan Cleary, the club has been inundated by criticism and concern from sponsors and members since his post.

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Team P W L PD Pts
6 5 1 59 12
6 5 1 20 12
6 4 2 53 10
6 4 2 30 10
7 4 2 25 9
7 4 3 40 8
7 4 3 24 8
7 4 3 -8 8