Turbo back.. at centre

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.
  • We have been getting regular requests for users who have been locked out of their accounts because they have changed email adresses over the lifetime of their accounts. Please make sure the email address under your account is your current and correct email address in order to avoid this in the future. You can set your email address at https://silvertails.net/account/account-details
  • Wwe are currently experience some server issues which I am working through and hoping to resolve soon, Please bare with me whilst I work through making some changes and possible intermittent outages.
  • Apologies all our server was runing rogue. I managed to get us back to a point from 2:45 today though there is an attachment issue i will fix shortly. Things should be smooth now though

Heckenberg

Reserve Grader
If that’s true,what was the point of playing Hopoate there while Tom was out?Surely it would of been more beneficial for Koula to get more miles in the legs at FB.Personally,I think it’s a waste having Tom play in the centres,but we’ll see how it works out
Think it speaks more to garricks fine print contract that likely states he has to play centre lol

LeonardCohen

Bencher
I think it'll be an absolute waste if we see:

1. Koula (his best position is fullback, but so is Hopoate and Turbo... And I think they are better spine players than Koula)
2. Saab
3. Turbo (he is better at right centre, like origin, plus he has played centre next to DCE at international level before)
4. Garrick (he is a better winger)
5. Talau (he is a better centre)

When this is available right now:

1. Hoppa
2. Saab
3. Talau
4. Turbo
5. Garrick

All players in their preferred or best position, and at the very least, a position they've played at before.

Koula misses out, but honestly, what exactly has he provided lately? That South's game is probably one of his worst ever defensive performances, and the answer to that is moving him to fullback? Really?

This keeps just about all of our backline's present issues, probably creates new ones by Turbo playing a position he hasn't played in over a year, and endorses likely the least effective defensive fullback to keep the No.1 spot, when a proven alternative is right there. This doesn't make sense to me at all.
Talau has definitely exceeded expectations but it’s not as if he is suddenly a marquee player…he hasn’t won us games or lit it up with spectacular brilliance. He’s been solid.

Koula is way more gifted and should never be dropped for Talau.

Rocky

Bencher
Talau has definitely exceeded expectations but it’s not as if he is suddenly a marquee player…he hasn’t won us games or lit it up with spectacular brilliance. He’s been solid.

Koula is way more gifted and should never be dropped for Talau.
I do agree Koula shouldn't be dropped for Talau.

But from where I sit Talau has been better than solid. He has been one of our best players this year, and the form player in jerseys 1-5.

He got the better of Staggs, held his own against Lomax, and has been consistently very good.

He needs to be in the team.

LeonardCohen

Bencher
I do agree Koula shouldn't be dropped for Talau.

But from where I sit Talau has been better than solid. He has been one of our best players this year, and the form player in jerseys 1-5.

He got the better of Staggs, held his own against Lomax, and has been consistently very good.

He needs to be in the team.
I think he held his own against Staggs, rather than got the better of him. I also saw him miss Lomax a couple of times, who was pretty dangerous in that game. Lots of players struggle to make good contact on him though.

I like his yardage carry and he has been safe under the high ball. I’ve seen him finish some tries off nicely but does he have a try assist this year? Has he lit up the NRL with feats of brilliance that gets the commentators and fans talking?

To me, he has been very good but not brilliant. The expectations were low and has exceeded them but he is still just a decent first grader.

Rocky

Bencher
I think he held his own against Staggs, rather than got the better of him. I also saw him miss Lomax a couple of times, who was pretty dangerous in that game. Lots of players struggle to make good contact on him though.

I like his yardage carry and he has been safe under the high ball. I’ve seen him finish some tries off nicely but does he have a try assist this year? Has he lit up the NRL with feats of brilliance that gets the commentators and fans talking?

To me, he has been very good but not brilliant. The expectations were low and has exceeded them but he is still just a decent first grader.
They were certainly talking after his 4 tries at Penrith.

The real point for me is he has been our best back this season, so he doesn't deserve to miss out.

I've been on here saying i think Saab can eventually make SOO...but given the players relative form this year I would select Talua in front of him for Manly right now given the choice.

Last edited:

Waz13

Let’s all have a chew!
Every single Manly supporter will be ****ting themselves with worry as to how long Turbo will last this time.

Poor bastard , in recent years he can’t take a trick.
I’m actually not now MFB. Sadly for me it has just become my (and prob plenty of others) reality that he won’t last. I welcome the positional shift as a different strategy to try assist him, but like others have said he’s a risk of injury at both. I think he just needs to come back and give it his all 100% if injury happens it happens. Fingers crossed he comes back better than ever.

Disco

First Grader
Premium Member
They were certainly talking after his 4 tries at Penrith.

The real point for me is he has been our best back this season, so he doesn't deserve to miss out.

I've been on here saying i think Saab can eventually make SOO...but given the relative players form this year I would select Talua in front of him for Manly right now given the choice.
I agree Talau doesnt miss out.

I'd have Hopoa drop back for now.

StuBoot

Bencher
Last weeks injury update from the club had Garrick's return date as indefinite, is there more to his concussion that needs looking at?

It's unusual for the club to put out a press release to say Turbo is back and playing in the centres prior to them list Tuesday.

So are one of the centres needing a week off?
Does Hoppa need a few weeks back in Reggies similar to what the chooks did with Walker despite not playing poorly?

Waz13

Let’s all have a chew!
I like the idea of Talau to 13. Play like a Dene Halatau type role there (or Dylan Walker). Speeds up our forwards. Moves Jake to prop. Fills a gap. Could be a real winner
Pick the best 17players and find a spot for them. Talaus in the best 17 currently for mine. If not a 13 or elsewhere an interchange sub.

Waz13

Let’s all have a chew!
Sports science and the absolute reliance on it is one of the poor aspects of sport. If sports science is showing there is very little difference in the workload of a centre and fullback, then it is complete garbage
100%! A fb in defence follows the ball from side to side often sprinting to get across (Tommy has done numerous injuries this way - including the hammy v Reddy).

Like this move.

He'll still play the same game. Just a different, smarter and hopefully for him safer role.

Not sure if Lehi is in our Top 30 or not. That may be a factor in whether he retains the #1 shirt or not and something we have to take into consideration.

With guys like Tom you just want him somewhere in the 17. Fingers crossed for him and the team.

Team P W L PD Pts
15 12 3 113 28
15 10 5 108 24
15 10 5 77 24
16 10 6 195 22
15 8 7 64 20
15 8 7 40 20
16 9 7 2 20
15 8 7 -30 20
15 7 7 28 19
15 7 8 21 18
15 7 8 -47 18