Truth be told

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.

grassy

Bencher
My view of us so far after the Newcastle game is 50/50. Unless some of our players can learn to control their emotions on the field, then we will not see another premiership for a long while. How can you grow as a player by acting like a tool. We have good players, good staff and a good enough coach and we end up throwing games away like this. Some of our players need to simply grow up. What a waste of talent. We don’t need special people and we don’t need to go to the USA and we don’t need someone else for motivation. We need to take a step back and look at what we already have and learn how to manage it themselves. Shows a lack of responsibility.How could we stuff this up. We need to fix this and grow as a team. Talk about learning the hard way. If that.

It was definitely a disappointing performance, but I think some of the takes above are a little over the top. I think the boys already had one eye on Penrith next week and took the knights a little easy.

Realistically we haven’t learned how to consistently win week in and week out and hiccups like that will inevitably happen as part of the learning process.

DCE hit the nail on the head, “we’re learning the hard way, but WE ARE LEARNING”.

It was definitely a disappointing performance, but I think some of the takes above are a little over the top. I think the boys already had one eye on Penrith next week and took the knights a little easy.

Realistically we haven’t learned how to consistently win week in and week out and hiccups like that will inevitably happen as part of the learning process.

DCE hit the nail on the head, “we’re learning the hard way, but WE ARE LEARNING”.
If they had one eye on Penrith and took it easy against the knights then I'm sorry they have no place in the team.

Well DCE was back to his headless chuck impersonation so he's not LEARNING, and why didn't he have a crack at 2FG from 35 out, was the wind that strong, didn't look like it when Hastings nearly stole the game in the dying seconds from 50 out.

I think this game demonstrates that we are at least at the moment not that much better than we were last year.
Except we have a more injury-free squad..

To be fair, we have showed some glimpses but I think the benchmark should be high given how we've (largely) had our best 17 available for selection. Been a long time since we've seen that.

Tom is starting slow but I think that's a good thing for him, and we have ample strike available to allow him some room to breathe. But there's some lack of direction and not enough players leading the way.

There's nothing we can do but watch really. Still early season but the one worrying thing is that the only area we needed to fix (defence/resolve) seems to have gotten worse, and with little reason.

Also, the idea to move Jake to prop was overdue...
BUT NOT TO HAVE JAKE PLAY 80-90 MINUTES AT PROP

What the hell! Just because he can doesn't mean he should the poor bugger

Last edited by a moderator:
The alarming stat was the 49 missed tackles up from an average of 22 per game, indicates we just didn’t show up today for whatever reason.

Fortunately the premiership isn’t won in round 5, remain calm!
What I could not understand is .......
How can we not show up in our showpiece exhibition game attended by our great players of the past and a dominant and passionate Manly crowd ?

It is only round 5 but The premiership is also not won my performances like the one we displayed today

We'll find out next week. Panthers beat us 5 tries to 1 early last year.
Pretty sure we haven't beat Penrith since that year when we beat them in the last game of the regular rounds, then we had to face them in the 1st week of the finals and lost and got knocked out.

Pretty sure we haven't beat Penrith since that year when we beat them in the last game of the regular rounds, then we had to face them in the 1st week of the finals and lost and got knocked out.
Yeah that was annoying!
Our win was at Brookie though (or Lottoland as it then was)
Could be wrong but I think our last win at Penrith was 12-8 way back in Round 20, 2011 ...

At full strength we are a top eight side. Take a few out of the squad with injuries and we slide into the bottom eight. No difference from last year. You can’t afford to lose or draw against bottom eight sides.

Members online

Team P W L PD Pts
3 3 0 48 6
4 3 1 28 6
3 2 1 10 6
4 2 2 39 4
3 2 1 28 4
3 2 1 15 4
3 2 1 14 4
2 1 1 13 4
2 1 1 6 4
3 2 1 -3 4