Trouble within the club?

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.

sheridanstand78

First Grader
I write this article knowing that emotions are high after witnessing last nights game.

It seems to me that all is not well within the club for a few reasons.

We have a new coaching team that is assessing the entire playing squad and trying to build a team moving forward that will be competitive.

For way too long our club has taken too many short cuts with our recruitment and retention decisions and this is something that really needs to be addressed.

You see right now that the best players for Cronulla and Parra are Hynes and Gutherson. Both of these players were our juniors and we allowed them to leave instead of nurturing them and seeing them fulfil their talent at our club.

I am so glad that Tooves will now be overseeing the development of our junior system and hopefully this yields good results moving forward. Our Matts and SG Ball teams struggled this year and our Jersey Flegg and Blacktown team are not doing that well either.

I am concerned that the divisions from last year are not healed. It appears that there are many things going on behind the scenes that continue the problems.

The rumours going around that Schuster is on 800K a season astound me is there is now way yet he is worthy of that high salary and I can understand the resentment that some of the players might feel in that Schuster has played a paltry 3 out of 8 games so far and looks unfit. You see how Keiran Foran played last night and he was the steady hand that we so badly miss right now.

If it is true that Schuster is getting that wage, you have to question this decision as we are not seeing any return on investment and If I do remember a year ago his management were threatening to find him a new club if he did not get his way and play 5/8th this season.

We cannot allow player managers to dictate our retention and recruitment policy.

I sincerely hope that the coaching staff are ruthless in what they do moving forward. We have too many passengers in our team right now, we do not have the quality or depth outside our top 6 players and we need to make sure that this improves moving forward.

I have repeatedly said that we need to get our reserve grade back at Manly to make sure that the pathway from Matts, to SG Ball, to Jersey Flegg is continuous.

Ask yourselves, how many players from the winning Holden Cup team are in our current first grade side? That is damming!

I hope the club give both Tommy and Josh time to get fit. They are crucial players for us and all season have been in 2nd gear fitness wise and without them we are very ordinary with the ball.

I was at the early game yesterday and I saw young Latu Fainu score a try near the death of that match in a badly beaten team, take the line on and get a try. Gosh we need something like that in our first team.

I hope that Seibold and Flannagan invest in young players and move the dead wood on, especially if it becomes obvious that we are not finals bound.

Some tough decisions ahead. We need to get our salary cap more balanced rather than 4 players getting the lions share.

Lets hope that we see some smart decisions being made and that the team can become a force once again!

I don't know about divisions...or anything else you posted, but there was a report recently of all the poker games, bbq's, that seibs and others are organising - getting everyone to hang out and love one another.

If it's happening (and I see no reason not to believe the players who said it) - then it's happening when we win or lose.

But as for the make up of the team, etc, I'll leave that for others to debate.

"The Manly Sea Eagles are investigating a punch up at training between out-of-favour five-eighth Josh Schuster and another player last week.

Sources have revealed Dean Matterson, a Blacktown Workers player, exchanged blows with Schuster in front of startled players at Brookvale Oval.

Matterson is the younger brother of Parramatta Eels forward Ryan Matterson.
The fight was also witnessed by head coach Anthony Seibold.
Middle forward Josh Aloiai had to step in to break it up.

No-one was seriously hurt.

“It went from a joke to something serious,” the source said.
“There was a bit of slapping for fun and then it got ugly and punches were exchanged.”
Schuster has taken a break from the NRL to work on injuries and his general fitness.
No doubt Manly will try to play down the incident.
It’s the last thing they needed after a terrible 26-10 loss to the Titans at Brookvale on Saturday.
It is also especially disappointing considering the club has recovered from being such a fractured mess last year over the pride jersey fiasco."

Scott Fulton is leaving the club also. Just been announced he’s off to the tigers running their recruitment.
Two siblings down, one to go.

On a positive note, he will be scouring the Tigers’ own backyard, whilst ignoring the Northern Beaches. Which is apparently what he has been doing for the last few years.

Bob’s master plan to set his kids up at Manly is crashing down.

Last edited:
"The Manly Sea Eagles are investigating a punch up at training between out-of-favour five-eighth Josh Schuster and another player last week.

Sources have revealed Dean Matterson, a Blacktown Workers player, exchanged blows with Schuster in front of startled players at Brookvale Oval.

Matterson is the younger brother of Parramatta Eels forward Ryan Matterson.
The fight was also witnessed by head coach Anthony Seibold.
Middle forward Josh Aloiai had to step in to break it up.

No-one was seriously hurt.

“It went from a joke to something serious,” the source said.
“There was a bit of slapping for fun and then it got ugly and punches were exchanged.”
Schuster has taken a break from the NRL to work on injuries and his general fitness.
No doubt Manly will try to play down the incident.
It’s the last thing they needed after a terrible 26-10 loss to the Titans at Brookvale on Saturday.
It is also especially disappointing considering the club has recovered from being such a fractured mess last year over the pride jersey fiasco."

If true, Matterson is only human.

We might bag out Scott and Kristie Fulton but if you saw our juniors this year they were horrendous. Not long ago we were number one. The Fulton's brought in all the good kids we have.
I read the new junior coach brought kids from Scone. How bad is that? As if any kid in the bush at that age hasn't been snapped up. We played a lot more local kids as well this year and straight back to literally last place and no wins. The two teams I watched at Campbelltown this year was embarrassing. I have watched the juniors for around 20 odd years and this group (whoever recruited them) or was stopped from recruiting (in charge) needs to be fired. They were pathetic and the results backed it up.

We might bag out Scott and Kristie Fulton but if you saw our juniors this year they were horrendous. Not long ago we were number one. The Fulton's brought in all the good kids we have.
I read the new junior coach brought kids from Scone. How bad is that? As if any kid in the bush at that age hasn't been snapped up. We played a lot more local kids as well this year and straight back to literally last place and no wins. The two teams I watched at Campbelltown this year was embarrassing. I have watched the juniors for around 20 odd years and this group (whoever recruited them) or was stopped from recruiting (in charge) needs to be fired. They were pathetic and the results backed it up.
There was some insight shared by a poster a few weeks back saying the junior grades had changed the selection criteria, in short they were not picking the best players they were picking them by the postcode. This decision was supported by senior personnel at the club.

Oloka- atu and Paseka and a couple of the Fainu 's would have also had the junior coach Lampkin instrumental in getting them to Manly but no doubt some Fulton influence was there as well . Shuster , Koula , Saab , Weekes , probably more the Scot Fulton factor . Probably one of the best junior outcomes in the comp and very advantageous for Manly in that they were all or just about all essentially developed into the senior ranks and upgraded from there , As opposed to have to try and buy on a bigger scale on the open market or be paying overs for similar talent . Hope that the club knows what they are doing in this department , good outcome in recent times , can they continue it with some changed recruiting personal .

Latest posts

Team P W L PD Pts
3 3 0 48 6
3 2 1 45 4
3 2 1 28 4
3 2 1 22 4
3 2 1 15 4
3 2 1 14 4
2 1 1 13 4
3 2 1 10 4
2 1 1 6 4
3 2 1 -3 4