trial vs Chooks

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.
  • We have been getting regular requests for users who have been locked out of their accounts because they have changed email adresses over the lifetime of their accounts. Please make sure the email address under your account is your current and correct email address in order to avoid this in the future. You can set your email address at https://silvertails.net/account/account-details
First grade without walker back line I think will be

Tom T
Garrick
Elliott
Suli
Taufua
Elgey
DCE

But pushing for a post will be

Anderson
Hopoate
Funa
Parker
Maybe Miski if he's added to the 30
Metcalfe
Cust

I can see a backline without Walker mid season as

T.T
Hopoate
Funa
Garrick
Suli
DCE
Cust

I'm dreaming of course but it may happen. Bit of fun really.

Again I suggest Parker would make a fine roving forward of the Sironen, Lane, Menzies style. Obviously I am suggesting that if Elgey fails, then Cust will come in probably alternating with DCE in the halves

Great to have Snake back !!!

0i8a5367.jpg

Parker was on the left and Suli on the right last night in Gosford.

Can someone please remind me who the idiot was who told Gutherson that he wouldn't be playing first grade at Manly......(I actually know, but you can see what I'm getting at).
They wanted him but no room. We had matai lyon hiku snake jorge and tommy coming through. Gutherson was too good to play reserves we did him a favor. He'll be back one day.. if his knees hold up. He hasnt resigned with the slime because they offered him a **** deal. He wants to have a good year to up his value

Parker was on the left and Suli on the right last night in Gosford.

Can someone please remind me who the idiot was who told Gutherson that he wouldn't be playing first grade at Manly......(I actually know, but you can see what I'm getting at).

He wanted to play fullback for us but was behind Snake and Tom T, we still had the old guard in 2016 too.

Parramatta told him he would play fullback if he signed for them, so he did. They immediately proceeded to not play him at fullback but that is another story.

In hindsight I can't fault Manly for that one.

They wanted him but no room. We had matai lyon hiku snake jorge and tommy coming through. Gutherson was too good to play reserves we did him a favor. He'll be back one day.. if his knees hold up. He hasnt resigned with the slime because they offered him a **** deal. He wants to have a good year to up his value

I do get what you're saying there about having those other players. But it also shows that no forward thinking was put into the decision. Killer was heading into his last year, Snake and Skivvy each had 2 years left (and would only play one of them), and injuries were catching up to all 3. And Gutho had what neither Jorge or Hiku could offer, speed for an outside back and goal kicking. And as it worked out, had he not been told to look elsewhere its likely he would have played a fair bit of first grade in 2016 because both Lyon and Matai spent much of the year on the injured list. Sure he might not have been fullback like he allegedly wanted (funny how he's had no issue playing all round Doesn't-matta's backline.....), but by now he would be an established first grader at Manly rather than the Worms.

Most of us said back then it was a dumb decision to let Gutho go, and I dare say most of us would still say that.

He wanted to play fullback for us but was behind Snake and Tom T, we still had the old guard in 2016 too.

Parramatta told him he would play fullback if he signed for them, so he did. They immediately proceeded to not play him at fullback but that is another story.

In hindsight I can't fault Manly for that one.

Manly had Gutherson tied up for two years, on a contract he signed less than a year before. OK he wanted to play full back. It may have happened with TT in the centres. Any footballers first aim is first grade, then where they play depends on their performance. It was one of the dumb moves made by the Manly recruitment people of the time.

Manly had Gutherson tied up for two years, on a contract he signed less than a year before. OK he wanted to play full back. It may have happened with TT in the centres. Any footballers first aim is first grade, then where they play depends on their performance. It was one of the dumb moves made by the Manly recruitment people of the time.
It was actually Trent’s decision- he talked about it at a Members forum. Snake was still there with 2 years left and Turbo was coming thru.

Guys, I really liked Dane Aukafolau. 6 foot 4 centre. Had a bit of raw pace.

Know what, we are rebuilding anyway, so lets do it properly:-

01. Tom Trbojevic
02. Albert Hopoate
03. Dane Aukafolau
04. Reuben Garrick
05. Abbas Miski
06. Cade Cust
07. Daly Cherry-Evans
08. Marty Taupau
09. Api Koroisou
10. Addin Fonua-Blake
11. Joel Thompson
12. Curtis Sironen
13. Jake Trbojevic

14. Kane Elgey
15. Kelepi Tanginoa
16. Taniela Paseka
17. Corey Waddell

Aukafolau goes back to NSW Cup when Walker returns.

I do get what you're saying there about having those other players. But it also shows that no forward thinking was put into the decision. Killer was heading into his last year, Snake and Skivvy each had 2 years left (and would only play one of them), and injuries were catching up to all 3. And Gutho had what neither Jorge or Hiku could offer, speed for an outside back and goal kicking. And as it worked out, had he not been told to look elsewhere its likely he would have played a fair bit of first grade in 2016 because both Lyon and Matai spent much of the year on the injured list. Sure he might not have been fullback like he allegedly wanted (funny how he's had no issue playing all round Doesn't-matta's backline.....), but by now he would be an established first grader at Manly rather than the Worms.

Most of us said back then it was a dumb decision to let Gutho go, and I dare say most of us would still say that.
I think it also had something to do with dce and all the money he gets. Well wouldn't of helped

I made the mistake of watching the replay on NRL.com. Last week’s commentary was poor, this week took it to a whole new level.

Why does every amateur caller believe they need to elongate every syllable that comes out of thhheeeeiiiiirrrr moooouuuuthh?

Then the constant “understength roosters side” then says “manly are understrengthed too, but only slightly” - they didn’t have DCE, Tom, Jake, Marty, AFB, Api, Joel T, Taufua, Tanginoa and Paeseka - if 10 players that will be in your 17 is only slightly understrengthed then I’d hate to see us in an injury crisis.

It really was atrocious.
Throw walker in there .

https://www.seaeagles.com.au/news/2019/03/04/around-the-grounds---central-coast-trial/

A few pics from the weekend - great to see the club/playersup close with members and fans! How about Snake!!!
In years like we are about to have on the field, the club will need to handle the goodwill off it extremely well, and interactive this season.

That's why guys like Stewart, Monaghan, Hasler and others are so important.

They'll need to be doing everything possible to keep fans plugged in. Before everyone blows a gasket, I don't mean us, we are the die hards, but fans are fickle these days generally (unless you live in Newcastle !!).

I'm shocked we got to 10k members tbh, given the acquisitions (lack of), and squad momentum, added with cap restrictions, players sackings, and long term injuries.

Not buying that. Not one little bit.
Haha the guy earns the most money and more then he is worth so how does that not effect the rest of the players? Its definitely does, we could of kept certain players if he didn't demand so much coin and its not all his fault when scum clubs like parra and titans throw 1.3 million dollars contracts around just to poach our players. So yeah bottom line is when a player gets paid over a million we cant keep others players or match offers from others clubs due to it. Can you dig it?

Haha the guy earns the most money and more then he is worth so how does that not effect the rest of the players? Its definitely does, we could of kept certain players if he didn't demand so much coin and its not all his fault when scum clubs like parra and titans throw 1.3 million dollars contracts around just to poach our players. So yeah bottom line is when a player gets paid over a million we cant keep others players or match offers from others clubs due to it. Can you dig it?

Still not buying it and I'll tell you why.

Gutho was under contract. In fact, not all that long before he had actually signed a 2 year extension to his contract at the same time as both the Turbo's and it was trumpeted as a great thing as all were (still are) talented local juniors.

The problem was with the likes of Barrett who decided he didn't want Gutho here. You say it was because of DCE's million dollar contract, yet we still had enough money for has-been journeymen like Lewis Brown, Nate Myles, Jono Wright and Matthew Wright as well as never will be's like Brayden Wiliame and Nathan Green.

Of that lot, Matty Wright and to a lesser extent Lewis Brown were the only ones who proved anywhere near useful.

Barrett made a bad call, plain and simple. And it wasn't DCE's high priced contract that caused it.

I'm shocked we got to 10k members tbh, given the acquisitions (lack of), and squad momentum, added with cap restrictions, players sackings, and long term injuries.

I'm not suprised we hit 10k with the Des factor.

If Barrett was still head coach though, it would have been a different story.

Latest posts

Team P W L PD Pts
8 7 1 109 16
8 7 1 56 16
8 6 2 66 14
8 5 3 51 12
9 5 3 37 11
9 5 4 95 10
9 5 4 42 10
8 4 4 25 10
9 5 4 -14 10
9 4 5 -16 8