Trial V Sharks

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.
Manly team
1 Luke Metcalf
Linked okay for a Miski try with shchuster aswell, but struggled with fullback and defence, (looks scared to put body on the line post ACL) 6/10

14 Brendan Elliot
Went fine not bad not good, good backup with experience 5/10

3 Brad Parker
Good run solid Defence, got rested early, will start this season 6/10

4 Moses Suli
Good runs showed to be fitter than last year 6/10

5 Tevita Funa
Showed good potential, good lines, will push for a debut of injuries strike 7/10

6 Lachlan Croker
Average but seemed to boss around the team, lacked imagination at times, tough with the team 6/10

7 Cade Cust
Kicked a 40/20 same as Croker tho 6/10

8 Toafofoa Sipley
Good fitness and worked hard 7/10

9 Danny Levi
Good try, tried hard, needs to link better with halves 7/10

10 Martin Taupau
Standard game from him with early rest 6/10

11 Joel Thompson
Good game from him, will start and continue his form 7/10

12 Curtis Sironen
Same as thommo 7/10

13 Sean Keppie
Might of well just been Jake T, must be in the 17 8/10

Interchange
15 Abbas Miski
Great runs and worked hard, Elliot might struggle to earn first grade time 7/10

16 Josh Schuster
Unreal Game, showed his hype is real, outplayed Croker and Cust, natural ball player and great defence 10/10 two try assists

17 Haumole Olakau'atu
Another player showing he deserves a bench spot, great game good offloads ran hard 8/10

18 Zac Saddler
This guy has come out of no where, redeemed his poor nines performance, great depth good agro 8/10
*his injury was minor

19 Zach Dockar-Clay
Very impressive in his time on the field, looked to struggle in defence at times 7/10

20 Dane Aukafolau
Came on and showed his skills and shows great depth 6/10

21 Keith Titmuss
Decent runs, lacked fitness and urgency at times, 5/10

22 Alec Tuitavake
Showed a great offload to set the foundations for another try and ran well 8/10

23 Edwin Ipape
Decent game time, looked to be playing well and synched with the team, made the ruck nervous injury cut his time to show potential 6/10

24 Sam Manuleleau
No idea who he was, but great skills in the air, strong runs and looks to be a natural footy player with a huge frame 8/10

25 Reed Izzard
Looked to try hard and had a high work rate, still a bit small 7/10

28 Dylan Phythian
Has come from the knights system, showed a cool head and his experience playing a lot of footy, has played NRL, great depth 6/10

29 Alfred Smalley
Came on late but worked hard but didn’t get to show his value 5/10

I went to the game. First time I had been to Kogarah Oval. Nice grandstand that the NSW government paid for. Would be good if Manly had something similar.

Schuster was good, always wanting the ball and showed a lot of creativity although he still has a long way to go. Would have liked to see him run the ball instead of just passing as it . He got caught with it on the 5th tackle one time when the defenders rushed up on him. His kicking game also needs some work.

Ipape looked sharp. Nearly scored a try in his short stint before going of injured.

Anyone know what's happened with T-Rex? Has he been cut loose? He looked like the only player (except Fainu) that I could not spot at the game. All the other players appeared to be there.

I reckon Trex and Sam Smith are on heavy rehab and fitness training regimes, hence haven’t seen them at nines or trials, possible secret weapons

Levi missed a terrible tackle for the Sharks first try...a simple one on one miss. His d worries me immensely.

He is no Korisau in d and no Fainu in attack.

Early days and I'm willing to give him a chance but it'll take more than the barge over from dummy half to prove his worth. He needs to stop the opposition go forward and the Sharks made yards with ease yesterday whilst he was on the field.
Yeah I have some concern snake, he too passive with ball in hand does not engage markers at all.
That was horrid miss in defence

I went to the game. First time I had been to Kogarah Oval. Nice grandstand that the NSW government paid for. Would be good if Manly had something similar.
You do realise that the grandstand was courtesy of the then Prime Minister, the Hon. John Howard, who is a St George supporter.
And yet when Prime Minister Abbott was PM and the No. 1 ticket holder for the Sea Eagles we got little bar empty promises.
It's was the same for the Queenscliff Surf Club where Abbott was a member. He told them he couldn't grant them any money for renovations because it would look like a 'sports rort'....

The bloke who really impressed in that trial is Manuleleau. A big tall winger, he put his body on the line, knows how to jump and catch. Good carries. He looked sensational. Certainly hope we see a lot more of him at Man.

Only early days but the way Schuster has the ability to hold up the defensive line and play out the back is the best ive seen since a young Foran. Imagine Tommy T playing out the back with the space provided by schuster. I see Schuster grabbing a starting spot by mid year. For the elite players age is no barrier and Schuster certainly is on that elite class. It will also give our outside backs more depth with Walker able to play centre.
He will be like Ben barba.. start off the bench as x factor. I Don't see him taking walkers spot though. Maybe dces ;) end of last year walker was miles better

Yeah I agree. I think we are willing ourselves to see the bright side but geez it's grim without him. I could smell a premiership with Fainu and Turbo pulling strings around the ruck...not anymore
We can still win if Levi fires... but yeah fainu is a massive loss. When he came on last year we became instantly more dangerous he is a gun that will hopefully be back next season. He's an idiot this was our year.. the window is still open. Levi missing that 1 on 1 tackle was concerning. With the regular spine i think he will be great.. fingers crossed

Latest posts

Team P W L PD Pts
5 4 1 23 10
5 4 1 14 10
6 4 2 48 8
6 4 2 28 8
5 3 2 25 8
5 3 2 14 8
6 3 2 38 7
6 3 2 21 7
6 3 3 37 6
6 3 3 16 6