Trial V Sharks

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.
Did Ipape do a hammy? Looked like he limped off, shame as he has plenty of zip and strength. His passing is not good though.

Keppie and Sironen were excellent,Suli,Parker and Funa were impressive.
Schuster very impressive but let's not rush him right now,give him a little more time,thought he and Phythian were more impressive than Cust and Croker.Phythian looks very calm and composed,seems to make good decisions with a good boot(might be best back up half but not part of squad).
Dockar-Clay and Ipape (limited time)looked good,Izzard tried hard hard on left edge,Tuitavake and Olakau'atu were outstanding and thought Manuleleua was very impressive on right wing,excellent in the air and aggressive runner of ball.
Good outing for a trial a lot to like,Metcalf was not impressive but may get better with more time at fullback.
This Pythian guy... do you know any more about him? Definitely looked calm and seemed to do things easy. Definitely has a nice boot on him long and short.

Manly don't win trials. I'm not sure our boys are giving it their all to be honest. Anyway I fail to see how much hype or confidence comes from that game. Blokes either did the bare minimum, did what you expected but we really didn't do much with the ball to be happy about The one Eagle who did impress me in that trial was Manuleleua. That the type of giant we need in the air and out wide.

Levi missed a terrible tackle for the Sharks first try...a simple one on one miss. His d worries me immensely.

He is no Korisau in d and no Fainu in attack.

Early days and I'm willing to give him a chance but it'll take more than the barge over from dummy half to prove his worth. He needs to stop the opposition go forward and the Sharks made yards with ease yesterday whilst he was on the field.

A few pics from the old Newtown home ground

They didn't replay it but at first sight it reminded me of a horror tackle T Rex performed years ago, for which I think he got at least 6 weeks.

Only early days but the way Schuster has the ability to hold up the defensive line and play out the back is the best ive seen since a young Foran. Imagine Tommy T playing out the back with the space provided by schuster. I see Schuster grabbing a starting spot by mid year. For the elite players age is no barrier and Schuster certainly is on that elite class. It will also give our outside backs more depth with Walker able to play centre.

Levi missed a terrible tackle for the Sharks first try...a simple one on one miss. His d worries me immensely.

He is no Korisau in d and no Fainu in attack.

Early days and I'm willing to give him a chance but it'll take more than the barge over from dummy half to prove his worth. He needs to stop the opposition go forward and the Sharks made yards with ease yesterday whilst he was on the field.
Fainu is a huge loss. People underestimate what he gave us.Levi and co will be willing but not in his class. The one down the track with the biggest upside to replace Fainu if it goes pear shaped for him is IPape easily.Needs to get used to NRL but has all the attributes once Des has him for a while.

Fainu is a huge loss. People underestimate what he gave us.
I don’t think anyone underestimates Fainu’s loss. It’s just human nature to go from shock to utter disbelief to oh well, no great loss.
I was really looking forward to him as our nine this year.

I don’t think anyone underestimates Fainu’s loss. It’s just human nature to go from shock to utter disbelief to oh well, no great loss.
I was really looking forward to him as our nine this year.
Yeah I agree. I think we are willing ourselves to see the bright side but geez it's grim without him. I could smell a premiership with Fainu and Turbo pulling strings around the ruck...not anymore

Levi is a concern though come game one i belive des will have him just passing out of dummy half much like he did with lichea at the dogs, i still think cust offers more than croker in the bench utitity position with perhaps schuster being a smokey or taking that role come mid season.

Staff online

Team P W L PD Pts
7 6 1 99 14
7 6 1 54 14
7 5 2 36 12
8 5 2 39 11
8 5 3 64 10
7 4 3 49 10
8 4 4 73 8
7 3 4 17 8
8 4 4 -14 8
8 4 4 -16 8