Trial V Sharks

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.
First time I’ve seen Schuster live and can see why he has all these raps. Very classy player and looked excellent in attack and defence. Keppie a must in the 17 and Guacamole also a standout. Levi did ok and I thought all the back up hookers showed something.
If Elliot plays a lot of first grade then we are in trouble. Smalley was the only lower grade back to impress, aside from Schuster.

Our forward depth including up and comers looks really stacked!
However it's the play-maker roles that can make the difference in the biggest games and I was slightly disappointed in Cust and Croker but that's probably bit unfair, they actually each did some good things.
I saw the first half.our forwards and suli and Parker got excellent field position, but the halves couldn’t quite ice it in the red zone. Plenty to like and no red flags. Glad we rested lots of blokes, and gave the young ones a hit out.

You’d have to think after watching that game that it’s a shame Schuster is only development player.We had nothing at all with Cust and Croker when on the attack.He would be great as backup for Dylan or on the bench if Levi plays big minutes..
Kids big enough and confident enough. Broncos have no problems throwing blokes like Fifita Haas and Coates in really young
It's only a matter of time, we just have to be patient! Schuster has the goods but he will be eased in when ready. As for the Broncos Fifita was 18 but they held him back till round 16 for his debut. Haas also was picked at 18 but not till round 9 or 10 and from memory got smashed by Klemmer and only played about one or two games that year. No point rushing them too much.

Keppie and Sipley a must in the 17
Can Gauca play prop? he's certainly big and strong enough and never went missing. I actually liked 22 as well. Hass only turned 20 late last year so there's no reason why he can't play NRL level footy at 19. Hass was dominating last year at 19 years of age. You either have it or you don't.

@BOZO report to come

The things that stood out for me ...

I arrived at the stadium 1630 HRS and whilst I was waiting for the gates to officially open at 1715HRS
I saw one of our Manly officials affectionately as Cuzzo and Manlys Media Manager Wayne Cousins
I have heard some great things about him through Manly fans that have dealt with him and I must say Cuzzo lived up to every one of those great things i have heard about him . I found Cuzzo to be Gracious with his time and a very passionate Manly man Indeed . I was very impressed by Cuzzo

I was also impressed by .......
The way all of our players dislayed Des Haslers resilient never say die efforts
I was impressed by Keppie filling in for Jake and he was brutal in defence
Saddler before he got injured was dominating . This young bloke does not fck around . He has balls !
I was impressed by the other young forwards in Olakauatu and Tuitauke and Sipley was strong as well .
I was impressed with Shusters skill , Ipapes unpredictability and Miskis take no prisoners bursts
Considering this was our first game that was distrupted by lots of players coming on and off the field I was impressed by all our players .

Last edited:
Levi seemed to play short way too often when attacking the line. Maybe he was just trying too hard or had little faith in Croker Cust. Whichever reason he needs to get the ball wide way more often

Keppie and Sironen were excellent,Suli,Parker and Funa were impressive.
Schuster very impressive but let's not rush him right now,give him a little more time,thought he and Phythian were more impressive than Cust and Croker.Phythian looks very calm and composed,seems to make good decisions with a good boot(might be best back up half but not part of squad).
Dockar-Clay and Ipape (limited time)looked good,Izzard tried hard hard on left edge,Tuitavake and Olakau'atu were outstanding and thought Manuleleua was very impressive on right wing,excellent in the air and aggressive runner of ball.
Good outing for a trial a lot to like,Metcalf was not impressive but may get better with more time at fullback.

Yeah agreed Keppie played really well, which we need at the moment with some forwards spending time on the sidelines.

I thought Guacamole played well and so did Saddler. Concerning though he was injured (that him and Paseka in 2 off season games).

I think we have enough forward power to start the season but do not want any more injuries.

i thought Levi played well, but showed he will need time to settle. Hard to settle in agame when your 1, 6 and 7 are all different to what you are likely training with.

Our forward depth including up and comers looks really stacked!
However it's the play-maker roles that can make the difference in the biggest games and I was slightly disappointed in Cust and Croker but that's probably bit unfair, they actually each did some good things.
It's not unfair. At both the 9s and the limited time in the trial, they both showed zero creativity. ZDC made them look bad. again.

Schuster most impressive
Ipape looked sharp and dangerous in his stint
Keppie a definite for our 17
Funa looks more than handy
Yup this

I was happy with Levi's game, with dce walker and trbo around him he will be able to develop quite alot I feel. Guac was good. Really, really don't rate Docker-Clay though so luckily Ipape looked like he can provide some spark and be a bit more direct if ever Levi is out or if he plays a bench role.

Keppie and Sironen were excellent,Suli,Parker and Funa were impressive.
Schuster very impressive but let's not rush him right now,give him a little more time,thought he and Phythian were more impressive than Cust and Croker.Phythian looks very calm and composed,seems to make good decisions with a good boot(might be best back up half but not part of squad).
Dockar-Clay and Ipape (limited time)looked good,Izzard tried hard hard on left edge,Tuitavake and Olakau'atu were outstanding and thought Manuleleua was very impressive on right wing,excellent in the air and aggressive runner of ball.
Good outing for a trial a lot to like,Metcalf was not impressive but may get better with more time at fullback.

Forgot to mention Manuleleua . Was outstanding on the wing, and great speed for a big unit. A Ken Maumalo-like target out wide would see plenty of cross-kicks from DCE.

I thought most of our second and third stringers were great against a near full-strength Sharks side. Pretty much nobody really surprised me or disappointed me, they pretty much all showed what I expected them to except for Manuleleua and Phythian .
Levi needs some time. Metcalf needs a lot of time, size and improvement and STILL appears to be a "me" player who seems kind of uninterested in much but his own attack...and defensively does not want to commit his body.
The MWSE future is VERY bright and in VERY good hands, both in roster and staff and it makes me feel proud to be behind them.

Latest posts

Team P W L PD Pts
7 6 1 99 14
7 6 1 54 14
7 5 2 36 12
8 5 2 39 11
8 5 3 64 10
7 4 3 49 10
8 4 4 73 8
7 3 4 17 8
8 4 4 -14 8
8 4 4 -16 8