Trial V Sharks

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.

Here it is!!!!
Thank @The Wheel
It is a smart team and a great team
Great to see all those enthusiastic young and talented guys given their opportunity to shine amongst NRL standard players

The forward pack will most likely be the first round starting pack
The backs all have a chance to impress apart from Suli and Jorge those 2 I believe will be starters all season barring injury, Parker will need to be at his best every game he has a few great young players after his spot
The game will be just a trial for Des to gauge how there going
Bring on the season

Manly Team List
  1. Luke Metcalf
  2. Jorge Taufua
  3. Brad Parker
  4. Moses Suli
  5. Tevita Funa
  6. Lachlan Croker
  7. Cade Cust
  8. Toafofoa Sipley
  9. Danny Levi
  10. Martin Taupau
  11. Joel Thompson
  12. Curtis Sironen
  13. Sean Keppie
    INTERCHANGE
  14. Brendan Elliot
  15. Abbas Miski
  16. Josh Schuster
  17. Haumole Olakau’atu
  18. Zac Saddler
  19. Zach Dockar-Clay
  20. Dane Aukafolau
  21. Keith Titmuss
  22. Alec Tuitavake
  23. Edwin Ipape
  24. Sam Manuleleau
  25. Reed Izzard
  26. Alfred Smalley
Keen to see Levi and keppie playing lock. Good luck boys

Schuster being in the first list of replacements for the trial shows his location in the pecking order. As I surmised, look out for this kid appearing in the team late 2020, perhaps initially on the bench and then at 5/8. Bit surprised Ben T. was given a run and I suspect Albert is still not yet ready after his serious injuries

I would be surprised if they run on 1-13 as numbered...that wouldn't be Des style. I'm guessing at the least Elliot will start at FB and expect Josh will get a decent run at 6.

I think the combination of the draw, our injuries and quite a few of the squad starting the season cold could see us get off quite slowly

Don 't mind Metcalfe being given a go at the back , played some games there in the 20 "s a couple of years ago , Des and the coaching staff have no doubt put a bit of thought on how maybe best utilize his speed and unpredictable and elusive attack and that is what trials are designed for . Wonder if young Hoppa would have been given a run there also if available and Elliott has already shown that he can be a quite reasonable back up 1 . Recall that Keppie , Boyle and Paseka all played a few games at various stages at 13 for Black Town previously so good opportunity for Keppie to show some versatility in the back row . Hope that big Hamoule can make a good impression in the back row , looked a tad ordinary at the nines .

Very interested to see how Keppie goes at lock. That could definitely be the solution until Jake returns.

Also interested to see how Croker, Sipley, Schuster and Levi go. Just a trial so hopefully they get through fine and get enough rust off as they can

No way all those players can make the top 29/30 and 6 development spots available ... either competetion is still on ... or Des is having a laugh ...

The omission of the T-rex from the 9's and trial is noteworthy ..??

Well, that's an interesting line up.

The apparently uninjured DCE, Garrick, Waddell and Turbo will have had no apparent game time prior to the start of the season and Walker just the All Stars game. Either they have slight 'niggles' or Des is happy with their opposed sessions at training and doesn't want to risk injury.

The forward pack looks pretty strong given we are missing 40% of the starting forwards and three bench players. I can understand Jake. AFB, Jetski and Paseka (all injured) but maybe Waddell is also carrying and injury.

The backs look pretty thin in the halves and Metcalf at fullback doesn't exactly thrill me with his defence, or lack thereof.

Unfortunately I think they'll get 'towelled up' and I'm not sure that's good for confidence however, we always lose trial games these days.

One bonus is that it will be good to see Schuster have a run and see how he goes.
Yeah I say that our round 1 pack, i don't mind keppie at 13 kids got a good motor.

No way all those players can make the top 29/30 and 6 development spots available ... either competetion is still on ... or Des is having a laugh ...

The omission of the T-rex from the 9's and trial is noteworthy ..??

Tony Williams seems to have disappeared. Not in Blacktown or trials. Haven't seen his photo at training for ages. Maybe he's gone?

Last edited by a moderator:
Cant help but suspect this trial is about sorting out the balance of the top 29. The absence of TRex, Sam Smith and Jade Anderson is of note. Ben T is on a development contract and probably is not seen as an option for the top grade before June. The fact that Schuster has been named means he must be close and that they are considering registering him in the 29. The top 24 as at 1/11/19 was pretty obvious. We have until 1 March 2020 to register 29 and then by 1 June to register 30. I hope both Schuster and Ipape both make to the 29. Looks like at least 7 of the players named for Saturday night's trial won't fit into the top 29. Very interesting indeed.

Members online

Latest posts

Team P W L PD Pts
3 3 0 48 6
3 2 1 45 4
3 2 1 28 4
3 2 1 22 4
3 2 1 15 4
3 2 1 14 4
2 1 1 13 4
3 2 1 10 4
2 1 1 6 4