Trial Thread - Manly V Tigers

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.
All I hear are excuses champ

we were pathetic

Errors, sloppy, missed tackles, no line speed, no urgency the list goes on. All basics and under 7 things that we once again failed to do just like last year

I don’t care who was missing or not
Fact is we had our best players out. Im not happy we got bitch slapped but its a trial. Give at least 1 proper game before you throw the bottle out the pram is all im saying. I'll start judging after round 4. ;)

I thought they looked very ordinary. On par with last year’s performances. Our defence was poor up the middle and the right side defence was diabolical.
Exactly.

If the excuse is that those guys are not our 1st grade defensive combinations then why do it? I would expect a full reggies team to perform better than we did today.

I'm ok with Weeks, Schuster, Davey, Paseka and Harper, but the rest were very average...at best. Sirro being the most disappointing.

This is going to be a VERY long year.

If it wasn't for the dragons i would have us favorite for the spoon. We have nothing all off season the usual suspects rave about our depth well how did our depth look today? as weak as it was last season.

A fullback who never plays an old busted 5/8 we somehow hope can deliver and no hooker that would get a game at another club.

We are a bottom 4 team until we do something about our depth.

I'm sick of reading about how good our young players coming up are, every time I see them play they are not special at all.

Another long winter and they want $70 to see these clowns play? wouldn't cross the road to see these imposters disgrace the jersey.

Yes yes bring out the usual "it was only a trial" excuse I have us winning 2 out of the first 10 games (beating dragons and broncs who are both worse than us) and today changes nothing.
Croker as hooker and Harper as fullback on top of Garrick, Davey and Parker is a joke. They are all Blacktown level should never be seen in a nrl squad.
We never seem to beat the Dragons...

Exactly.

If the excuse is that those guys are not our 1st grade defensive combinations then why do it? I would expect a full reggies team to perform better than we did today.

I'm ok with Weeks, Schuster, Davey, Paseka and Harper, but the rest were very average...at best. Sirro being the most disappointing.

This is going to be a VERY long year.
Siro off contract a good time to look around

With 9 being our Achilles heel at the moment I can't understand why Hasler didn't give Birt a run much sooner than he did, it's our most crucial position, I can only think that he's already got Crocker pencilled in and isn't looking for anyone else to fill the 9 jumper
I think he didn’t want another hooker injured considering the injury to Cust; hence the limited minutes.

If it wasn't for the dragons i would have us favorite for the spoon. We have nothing all off season the usual suspects rave about our depth well how did our depth look today? as weak as it was last season.

A fullback who never plays an old busted 5/8 we somehow hope can deliver and no hooker that would get a game at another club.

We are a bottom 4 team until we do something about our depth.

I'm sick of reading about how good our young players coming up are, every time I see them play they are not special at all.

Another long winter and they want $70 to see these clowns play? wouldn't cross the road to see these imposters disgrace the jersey.

Yes yes bring out the usual "it was only a trial" excuse I have us winning 2 out of the first 10 games (beating dragons and broncs who are both worse than us) and today changes nothing.
Croker as hooker and Harper as fullback on top of Garrick, Davey and Parker is a joke. They are all Blacktown level should never be seen in a nrl squad
So you didn’t think Schuster played well?

Did you see Davey play? He looked good.

Can’t take much from a trial, especially this one but a few positives and some negatives that come to mind

• Davey was just awesome, so much energy, great solid defence, good running lines and he actually has some good speed on him.
  • Harper was great at fullback for a majority of that match and his elusive footwork and good one on one tackles remind me of snake (not that he is going to be a star fullback but I liked him there today). He’ll take some time to get better under the ball in high-pressure situations.
  • Cust was going OK at hooker so im not too concerned as long as he isn’t badly injured
  • Poor Tuipulotu got stuck on the edge where mainly Siro and Weekes (who had some good one on one tackles though) created hole-city but i’d still rather him in Rd 1 than Garrick who showed nothing
  • Schuster had some great touches but I still don’t think he should start over Foran. Kicked dead twice, few risky near-intercept passes, and a little indecision attacking in the 20. Great game from him overall but he needs to keep building under Foz’s lead at least in the first half of this season. I like his short kicking game, and pulled off a great 40/20, but I must say the try scored off his boot was a little too flukey to give credit for.
  • Paseka good
  • Aloiai pretty good considering his knee is limiting his mobility a bit. He provides some aggression in defence with some good hits. Looks like he needs a little more fitness in him.
  • We were Very fatigued. The right edge leaked plenty early on, then tigers got majority of possession and in the heat the boys really lacked match fitness. The problem of having only one trial. Defence was so bad, but I put that down to fatigue more than anything at this stage.
  • Very disorganised despite a promising start, probably dur to playing without the main spine members of Dce, Foz and Tom.
This match overall doesn’t change my feelings about 2021. But it was an interesting, albeit frustrating game.
A bit tough on Schuster mate, he was a level above the rest. Silky passing and a great step. His short kicking will come. He has to be in the 17.

I agree about Davey, he looked good.

I am also surprised not many have mentioned Gossie. He looked really good and troubled the Tigers every time he touched the ball.

Team P W L PD Pts
3 3 0 48 6
4 3 1 28 6
3 2 1 10 6
4 2 2 39 4
3 2 1 28 4
3 2 1 15 4
3 2 1 14 4
2 1 1 13 4
2 1 1 6 4
3 2 1 -3 4
3 1 2 0 2