Trial Thread - Manly V Tigers

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.
Watched that first try yuck Suli needs a kick up the arse ala watching a bomb bounce v knights last year.
Its lack of desire lazy not having go.
It many continue on this path Des will put a broom through.

DCE and Jake were our only significant regulars out, claiming the difference was any of these "stars":

Turbo - hamstrings reliable as Northern Beaches public transport
Foran - classy but 65 games in 5 years whilst being held together with duct tape
Walker - rocks and diamonds, even bigger liability off the field
Saab - unproven rookie
Cust - makeshift hooker that just picked up a hand injury
Croker - majority here wanted him gone until Cust went down yesterday

Is clearly ignoring the team attitude and structures in attack and defence on display today. There was no semblance of desire, fitness or set plays to indicate this year will have any kind of shake up to address and improve on the areas around our game and personnel that torpedoed 2020.

Add all this and the rest onto Des' religious beliefs preventing him from having ever being able to spot a talented hooker (of the footy variety) nor the ability to utilise interchanges effectively and the signs of another long season are getting more ominous by the day.

If we're relying on those guys and that kind of coaching to make or break our season, I'm worried.
Yes, I had a chuckle at the mention of us missing 'stars' Saab and Croker. Has ANYONE seen Saab play?

Only a trial so not fussed on results but Schuster needs to get that rushed kick on early tackles crap out of his game..
Was my only issue with him in his NRL debut, and this game was only 10 minutes in when he rushed a kick on second tackle with nothing on that served no purpose other than hand over the ball... It must be a real issue for the kid as it's all I've seen him do in the games ive seen
Agree, but if walker was at centre it was a try.

Don’t read too much into these trials at all tbh. Agree with most of the positives mentioned and some of the negatives. 9 is going to be a big problem for us this year and another worry is how injury prone this team seems to be now. Hoping for sone better luck there. I’d seriously have a look at bringing in Peats.

On the Tigers they played us with a bunch out, but perhaps they have also improved a good deal. Teams in this comp go up and down like yo-yos. They are a rocks or diamonds side and always capable of putting on some points. Yesterday was one of those days perhaps, or they may have made sone more meaningful growth as a side. Time will tell.

it’s funny and a lot will probably disagree here, but I think we will take more away from that trial than Wests will. And it will be better for us.

I’m anticipating a slow start to this season, but if we can stay fit we will compete well this year. If (as I sadly suspect) injuries hit us hard again we will be doing well to avoid bottom 4.

As has been mentioned: what has happened to Guaca?
For many of us he is the most outstanding second row prospect we have yet he hasn't been mentioned by DESpicable and rarely was selected last season.
I'm worried that something is wrong with him and I for one would appreciate some information from the club about his whereabouts.

Don’t read too much into these trials at all tbh. Agree with most of the positives mentioned and some of the negatives. 9 is going to be a big problem for us this year and another worry is how injury prone this team seems to be now. Hoping for sone better luck there. I’d seriously have a look at bringing in Peats.

On the Tigers they played us with a bunch out, but perhaps they have also improved a good deal. Teams in this comp go up and down like yo-yos. They are a rocks or diamonds side and always capable of putting on some points. Yesterday was one of those days perhaps, or they may have made sone more meaningful growth as a side. Time will tell.

it’s funny and a lot will probably disagree here, but I think we will take more away from that trial than Wests will. And it will be better for us.

I’m anticipating a slow start to this season, but if we can stay fit we will compete well this year. If (as I sadly suspect) injuries hit us hard again we will be doing well to avoid bottom 4.
I agree - Wests will be flying high on ego now. It will be a task for Maguire to snap them out of it. Brooks looked like King Wally out there, and I think he will have a big head after that match, which won't do them any favours.

Schuster is a do that needs shining. His early kicks needs to go and he needs to let it go early to the outside backs more often.

I agree - Wests will be flying high on ego now. It will be a task for Maguire to snap them out of it. Brooks looked like King Wally out there, and I think he will have a big head after that match, which won't do them any favours.

They are always April premiers , and always fall away from about May on.

If there's 1 thing history shows, the Tigers start well MOST seasons and are second to none in relation to fitness early on.
This showed across every area in the game, where they looked faster, fitter, more willing and pretty much dominated from start to finish.
For Manly I liked what Aloiai and Davey offered and Schuster had some nice "moments"
The cohesion was poor, but it was a weird setup in the spine and that will change quickly with DCE and Foran back on the field.
A few of the youngsters who are highly regarded probably needed a game like that to shape them up for top grade and show what a step up the NRL is....they will be better for it and getting a fflogging can sometimes be the best lesson.
I mentioned earlier that trials are little relevance to the real stuff as Newcastle showed last yeat beating Roosters 58 - 0 in a trial and being called out as a premiership threat based on the result...and we all know how that turned out...

Watched that first try yuck Suli needs a kick up the arse ala watching a bomb bounce v knights last year.
Its lack of desire lazy not having go.
It many continue on this path Des will put a broom through.
SULI is totally useless
GET RID OF HIM

Suli had a bad day, the right side was carved up. Could not stop the offload, and getting the run around. You can say its just a trial but some of them are not first grade material. Schuster was great and the left side of parker and garrick held up better defensively, probably because the suli side was an easier attacking option for the tigers. The shoe should be in first grade is the take home message.

@Snake or @maxta - do either of you have any mail on Olakau'atu? Injured? Out of favour? In the 17 and about to be unleashed on the opposition?

Latest posts

Team P W L PD Pts
6 5 1 59 12
6 5 1 20 12
6 4 2 53 10
6 4 2 30 10
7 4 2 25 9
7 4 3 40 8
7 4 3 24 8
7 4 3 -8 8
7 4 3 -18 8
7 3 3 20 7