Trial Thread - Manly V Tigers

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.
How did Walker, Saab, DCE, Foran, Jake, Turbo, Croker, and Haumole go?

Suli, Marty, Paseka, Aloia and Davey all went well, but they were only out there for a short time.

It was mainly just the kids against a strong Tigers outfit... ffs you'd think we just lost a grand final.
Not sure why you are mentioning Croker with the likes of DCe jakr, walker, turbo etc.. but i see your point.

It’s not the score that concerns me but our right side defence. Sirro would not be in my 17 at the moment he won’t pass it and keep stepping inside and Leulua owned him today. I was over impressed with Gonski either. Davey and O would be my starting 2nd row. I saw enough of Birt to be satisfied he should be our starting 9.
Birt over cust for sure. He was good i thought.
Ye siro needs to be dropped and jetski to the right and davey to the left. Big Olakau'atu on the bench. Siro doesn't learn he does the same **** every time and doesn't spread it. Suli barely touched the ball.

So that’s it then , we lose a trial match and the years ****ed.

Well bugger me , think I’ll go and slit my wrists , nice knowing you everyone see you in the afterlife
Maaate, I know it was a trial and all but after two **** years weren't you hoping to see at least a change in attitude across the club and we offered a bit more than that total ****? It was a trial for the Tigers as well and at least they had a crack. It was same old some old **** from us. No offence to dick eaters but we ate dick.

Anyway, agree, let's see how we go when the real comp starts ... first few rounds are looking great .......
  1. Rd 1, Roosters,
  2. Rd 2 Rabbitohs
  3. Rd 3 Dragons
  4. Rd 4 Panthers
That's a dream start! Bring it in...... Koombaya my lord, Koombaya ....... top 4 here we come....

Stock up on lube boys.

Big thanks to todays match day sponsor. Great that they are behind us again in 2021!
Match day Sponsor.jpg

The Dragons led with their first grade side in the Charity Shield and got beaten by a similar margin. We probably won't finish top of the table. That spot's reserved for one of the favored teams with no salary cap and the NRL in their pocket. We will, however, do a lot better than this trial suggests.

Maaate, I know it was a trial and all but after two ** years weren't you hoping to see at least a change in attitude across the club and we offered a bit more than that total **? It was a trial for the Tigers as well and at least they had a crack. It was same old some old **** from us. No offence to dick eaters but we ate dick.

Anyway, agree, let's see how we go when the real comp starts ... first few rounds are looking great .......
  1. Rd 1, Roosters,
  2. Rd 2 Rabbitohs
  3. Rd 3 Dragons
  4. Rd 4 Panthers
That's a dream start! Bring it in...... Koombaya my lord, Koombaya ....... top 4 here we come....

Stock up on lube boys.

Big thanks to todays match day sponsor. Great that they are behind us again in 2021!
View attachment 17106
Cmon man hahaha
We played a reserve grade side.
Davey
Schuster
Paseka
Aloiai
Marty
Birt (short but sweet stint)
All impressed. Trial is nothing. We lost both trials in 2008

Well that was not very encouraging , But do think the team will improve with the senior players available , Hooker major concern for me
Harper was ok I can live with him at the back
Schuster a must starting or on bench ,
Aloiai was good too
Suli side in defence a little worrying
Ah well just a trial I'll keep telling myself

Agree with both sides of the arguments. Yes it’s just a trial and we had guys out, great to get a hit out for the players. Davey, The Shoe, Aloiai were solid.

But gee our defence looked horrible, so many arm grabbing tackles I almost laughed. And very worried we haven’t adjusted to the 6 again rule which has changed the game.

Anyway great to see the mighty Manly Sea Eagles back

Facts

They played almost a full strength nrl side.

We had all of our best players out.

Take Latrell Mitchell cody walker Reynolds and cook out of souths and who are they? Then take out Campbell Graham and cam Murray.... how can they beat an nrl side without these players?
@strone33 what are you laughing at jackass? You said facts they are the facts. Or am i mistaken? Comment back if you can construct a normal sentence without sounding like a big baby. Wah wah wah (bottle throw) wah

Post match reports said that Des rested 7 players for the game,would suggest that Croker and Gauca were rested as the 6th and 7th players.Maybe niggles or just a rest,anyway...suggests that both are in line for a game in round 1 I guess.
For me...
Harper
Suli/Tuipulotu
Funa
Walker
Saab
Schuster
DCE
Paseka
Croker/Birt
Taupau
Davey
Olakau'atu
Jake
-------
Foran
Aloiai
Keppie
Sipley/Gosiewski/Sironen

Tweet from Gus Gould. He hit the nail on top of the head about our lack of depth outside of the top 17.

@PhilGould15

50 up for Tiger. Tiger 52 Sea Eagle 12. They have run Sea Eagle ragged. One thing this trial has exposed is lack of NRL depth in Sea Eagle roster. Top 17 should be competitive, but they will struggle when experienced replacements are needed. Most of their top players rested today

Yes, it was only a trial, we never win trials and we had players out. But that was a seriously deflating performance regardless. All I wanted out of the game was no injuries - and Cust getting hurt buggered that - and a glimmer of improvement. Didn't see any cause for optimism anywhere. Our attack trips over itself whenever we get a sight of the try line, and our defence is as bad as I've seen. There's no structure (or if there is, nobody plays to it) and no commitment. Tackles don't stick and the opposition runs riot. Pretty much the only player we have who stiffens up the middle is Jake. Without him, we're woeful.

As for fitness and attitude, if Des and the coaching staff think that's going to be good enough to compete in 2021, they are taking the piss.

On top of that, Des's decision-making remains baffling. Sione Fainu at dummy half? Okay, maybe for a minute when Cade went off, but to leave him on there for almost the entire game when Jack Birt - the last hooker we have standing - could have used the opportunity was an odd move even by Des's standards. Was also hoping to get a look at Koula at fullback.

Only positives I could find were Schuster, who always looks classy with the ball in hand, Davey, who actually looked like he wanted to be out there, Sipley, who is a nice dude and is due for some good luck and time on the field, and Harper, who made some nice tackles at fullback. Mind you, he had to - the rest of the team's defence was that bad.

@strone33 what are you laughing at jackass? You said facts they are the facts. Or am i mistaken? Comment back if you can construct a normal sentence without sounding like a big baby. Wah wah wah (bottle throw) wah
All I hear are excuses champ

we were pathetic

Errors, sloppy, missed tackles, no line speed, no urgency the list goes on. All basics and under 7 things that we once again failed to do just like last year

I don’t care who was missing or not

I am sure he's shattered. You have a healthy ego. Can you put me on ignore as well?

Sure. Why not. If your happy to concur with Strones whining drivel, illiterate trolling, and nonsensical dribble, masquerading as support for the Manly Sea Eagles, I am more than happy to accomodate your request.

Last edited:
Post match reports said that Des rested 7 players for the game,would suggest that Croker and Gauca were rested as the 6th and 7th players.Maybe niggles or just a rest,anyway...suggests that both are in line for a game in round 1 I guess.
For me...
Harper
Suli/Tuipulotu
Funa
Walker
Saab
Schuster
DCE
Paseka
Croker/Birt
Taupau
Davey
Olakau'atu
Jake
-------
Foran
Aloiai
Keppie
Sipley/Gosiewski/Sironen
1. Harper
2. Funa ( solid in the air). Tuipulotu played himself out of the 17
3. Suli
4. Walker
5. Saab
6. Schuster ( cannot be left out)
7. Dce
8. Aloiai
9. Foran ( Croker, Cust out injured)
10. Taupau
11. Olakau’atu ( hopefully)
12. Davey ( 6 again rule era showed energy and was eager)
13. Jake

14. Gosi
15. Siro ( middle forward or edge forward)
16. paseka
17. ? Someone for the hooking role perhaps birt.

B turbo is very very close to 1st grade as well

Staff online

Latest posts

Team P W L PD Pts
7 6 1 54 14
6 5 1 59 12
7 5 2 36 12
8 5 2 39 11
8 5 3 64 10
6 4 2 53 10
8 4 4 73 8
7 4 3 24 8