Trial observations

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.
Does anyone else think Harper looks a little slow for FB, haven’t seen him in open really except that one try against Doggies. Just didn’t look that quick across the field today.

I will add that he made great one on one tackles that needed to be made

Last edited:
Didn't watch game but seems the biggest issue is still hooker and ruck defence. We have been terrible since Api departed. I also think a player like Peats at least could help with defence in the middle. Same problem as last year, teams get a roll on through the middle, our edge forwards and centres come in field to compensate and we get stripped out wide. I think there is enough attack in that side when they click, but defence has been a real problem for ages now. No where near Melbourne, Roosters, Panthers etc

Going against popular opinion on here I think Harper was a standout at FB given he isn't a FB. I feel last year was so bad that many have purged the memories of Garrick and Funa playing FB. They both looked slow, out of position most of the time in defence and generally out of their depth.
Not saying Harper is the answer but he went OK today in a well beaten side.

Must be a new year same thing thing. Many already questioning the coach and tactics.....very funny....

I don’t pay much mind to trisls. BUT, I did hope to see some fitness, teamwork and team talk. Some desire to compete on both sides of the ball and some evidence that our gameplay last year had been addressed and rectified.

I saw none of that, the score is not the worry, but the above is.

Des and Donny have a lot to address in not much time in terms of motivation, desire and smarts. As I said last year many times, there looks a real stubbornness in our coaching and a real lack In our fitness. I saw little attitude out there.

Going against popular opinion on here I think Harper was a standout at FB given he isn't a FB. I feel last year was so bad that many have purged the memories of Garrick and Funa playing FB. They both looked slow, out of position most of the time in defence and generally out of their depth.
Not saying Harper is the answer but he went OK today in a well beaten side.

Must be a new year same thing thing. Many already questioning the coach and tactics.....very funny....
The number 1 thing for a FB...well just my opinion...is defence and positioning - (attack and defence)...and Harper made 3 trysavers 1 on 1 that were spectacular and top shelf......he had 1 or 2 bad drops like many under the pump of a team soundly beaten, but done pretty well all round and if I picked my top 5 players in an ordinary and non important trial game, he was in the Top 5.

Why we haven't looked at Peats is beyond me. Great defender, fit and has the NRL experience. Yeah he's probably no better than we have but we are only an injury away from being completely screwed before the season even starts! Peats is still up here on the GC and training and keeping fit, not sure who else is out there?
I don't know it's crazy he has played origin.

• Schuster is a genuine superstar and without him today would have been 80 nil!
  • Garrick played on the left which I've wanted for 2 years and a sign Saab will get his preferred right wing spot.
  • Aloiai looked strong off the bench.
  • Davey ran and hit hard.
  • Weekes (harsh comment coming) will never play NRL, was way out of depth, out of position in both attack and defence.
  • Des still doing dumb ****, playing a prop at hooker for most of the game which is even dumber when you look at Birt doing well in his 10 minutes.
  • I thought Dylan Smith looked as good as any other of our backs... Can he play hooker? He looks a genuine footy player, a bit like Dufty.
  • Harper didn't get much chance in attack but I'd probably lean towards Funa based on today's performance.
  • WE NEED TO SIGN A GENUINE EXPERIENCED NRL HOOKER!!!!

Agree 110% with all of that !!

We haven't seen Saab play for Manly yet, so we fans selecting him in the first 17 is somewhat speculative. However, I liked a post suggesting our three-quarters for round one should be Suli & Saab on the wings with Walker & Funa as centres. I think this would stiffen our defence, especially the right edge and also Suli is a more dangerous attacking weapon than Garrick.

I thought Harpers positional play in defence was good and he read the game well, still stand by he looked a little slow. He didn’t get much opportunity in attack, but he didn’t make any opportunities I seen either his work off the ball in attack probably needs work. His performance today was better than Garrick last year.

I don’t pay much mind to trisls. BUT, I did hope to see some fitness, teamwork and team talk. Some desire to compete on both sides of the ball and some evidence that our gameplay last year had been addressed and rectified.

I saw none of that, the score is not the worry, but the above is.

Des and Donny have a lot to address in not much time in terms of motivation, desire and smarts. As I said last year many times, there looks a real stubbornness in our coaching and a real lack In our fitness. I saw little attitude out there.
Agree there seems to be a real lazy culture amongst alot of the group. That's still there from last year, on that effort i hold little hope for 2021

I'll also add.
Did anyone else see Parker get concussed on his first hit up? Wasn't even a hard tackle, its going to be an issue for him again, was also stood up easily by Roberts and in my opinion should be our last centre option.

Also Cust looked good in his stint, was scheming and played as an extra half at times and has a nice short kicking game! I've said all along Croker and Cust combo will be fine, it was always gonna be the problem when one or both were injured... the season hasn't even started and we're testing our hooker depth! Cust is a bit of a "Turbo" he's injured more than he plays!

Last edited:
I'll also add.
Did anyone else see Parker get concussed on his first hit up? Wasn't even a hard tackle, its going to be an issue for him again, was also stood up easily by Roberts and in my opinion should be our last centre option.

Also Cust looked good in his stint, was scheming and played as an extra half at times and has a nice short kicking game! I've said all along Croker and Cust combo will be fine, it was always gonna be the problem when one or both were injured... the season hasn't even started and we're testing our hooker depth! Cust is a bit of a "Turbo" he's injured more than he plays!
Yes seen Parker stumble after play the ball, had it been regular season would have come off with concussion test. Hopefully won’t be used to often this year anyway!

Attachments

• B75492FE-6921-4117-8287-3332E793AAEE.jpeg
    B75492FE-6921-4117-8287-3332E793AAEE.jpeg
    193.6 KB · Views: 3
Lack of depth, why did we sign foran and aloiai when what we need is a hooker.
Schuster a star and Des grow a brain and sign peats on a 1 year deal.
Also a fair few pea hearts in defence same **** as last year
Signed Foran to help dce and Schuster. Either as a starter or depth he is a great signing for us. Unless you'd prefer croker? Yea i thought as much. Aloiai was signing to replace afB. I agree we should sign Peats, why not. He would come cheap

Latest posts

Team P W L PD Pts
3 3 0 48 6
3 2 1 45 4
3 2 1 28 4
3 2 1 22 4
3 2 1 15 4
3 2 1 14 4
2 1 1 13 4
3 2 1 10 4
2 1 1 6 4
3 2 1 -3 4