Trial observations

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.
  • Schuster is a genuine superstar and without him today would have been 80 nil!
  • Garrick played on the left which I've wanted for 2 years and a sign Saab will get his preferred right wing spot.
  • Aloiai looked strong off the bench.
  • Davey ran and hit hard.
  • Weekes (harsh comment coming) will never play NRL, was way out of depth, out of position in both attack and defence.
  • Des still doing dumb ****, playing a prop at hooker for most of the game which is even dumber when you look at Birt doing well in his 10 minutes.
  • I thought Dylan Smith looked as good as any other of our backs... Can he play hooker? He looks a genuine footy player, a bit like Dufty.
  • Harper didn't get much chance in attack but I'd probably lean towards Funa based on today's performance.
  • WE NEED TO SIGN A GENUINE EXPERIENCED NRL HOOKER!!!!

I think Foran was already the 9 choice, but Birt could and may well be an option off he bench
Davey was Super imo, yes a trial but seemed more enthusiastic than many Youngsters shooting for a spot in the 17....the only hard tackles I seen were from Keppie and Saddler....last but not least - Please remember many teams beaten by Big margins go on to compete or win a premiership, it's all about trialling position and combinations.
The ONLY true concern that repicates 2019/2020 was the slowness in the middle...they ate us up in the ruck and that is what decides the modern game more than ever before.

Is Birt’s nickname Bryan?
D21DAD5E-CB44-44BF-A405-C097EA67DAD2.jpeg

OK, slightly different spelling of the surname.

• Schuster is a genuine superstar and without him today would have been 80 nil!
  • Garrick played on the left which I've wanted for 2 years and a sign Saab will get his preferred right wing spot.
  • Aloiai looked strong off the bench.
  • Davey ran and hit hard.
  • Weekes (harsh comment coming) will never play NRL, was way out of depth, out of position in both attack and defence.
  • Des still doing dumb ****, playing a prop at hooker for most of the game which is even dumber when you look at Birt doing well in his 10 minutes.
  • I thought Dylan Smith looked as good as any other of our backs... Can he play hooker? He looks a genuine footy player, a bit like Dufty.
  • Harper didn't get much chance in attack but I'd probably lean towards Funa based on today's performance.
  • WE NEED TO SIGN A GENUINE EXPERIENCED NRL HOOKER!!!!
Lack of depth, why did we sign foran and aloiai when what we need is a hooker.
Schuster a star and Des grow a brain and sign peats on a 1 year deal.
Also a fair few pea hearts in defence same **** as last year

Lack of depth, why did we sign foran and aloiai when what we need is a hooker.
Schuster a star and Des grow a brain and sign peats on a 1 year deal.
Also a fair few pea hearts in defence same **** as last year
Why we haven't looked at Peats is beyond me. Great defender, fit and has the NRL experience. Yeah he's probably no better than we have but we are only an injury away from being completely screwed before the season even starts! Peats is still up here on the GC and training and keeping fit, not sure who else is out there?

Maybe Des was preserving him for Round One? If Cust's injury is serious, the only dummy half options we might have are Birt & Foran.
This is exactly what he was doing. We are down to our last hooker.

New to forum long time reader, and supporter, every family member a Manly member(for Bozo).

I thought Davey was the standout of the new guys hit and ran hard, showed urgency. Josh A. was a close second, wish we had more time of Birt. Felt sorry for Burbo, was doing alright to doueihi ran over him...

Schuster was awesome as expected.

The other player that looked super fit and dangerous was Gossie - he was excellent.

Davey and Aloiai both looked good and young birt looked sharp.

I thought Weekes struggled, Burbo struggled a bit also; however, that was more fitness than anything else. Tuipulotu made a few errors as well.

Schuster was awesome as expected.

The other player that looked super fit and dangerous was Gossie - he was excellent.

Davey and Aloiai both looked good and young birt looked sharp.

I thought Weekes struggled, Burbo struggled a bit also; however, that was more fitness than anything else. Tuipulotu made a few errors as well.

I thought Tuipulotu was very disappointing and can see why Saab and Garrick will most likely be the starting wingers.

Team P W L PD Pts
6 5 1 59 12
6 5 1 20 12
6 4 2 53 10
6 4 2 30 10
7 4 2 25 9
7 4 3 40 8
7 4 3 24 8
7 4 3 -8 8
7 4 3 -18 8
7 3 3 20 7
7 3 4 31 6