Trex signs with dogs :(

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.
I wonder why players are signing before it's known what the salary cap will be next year. There could be a lot more money avaiolable next season.

Ceagle said:
Didnt Rothfield say Snake signed with the Roosters?

Yes he did, it was something along the lines of "You read it it here first, Brett Stewart WILL be a Rooster next year"

I dont know who's the worst for incorrect signing rumours, him or Danny Weidler.

The Who said:
I wonder why players are signing before it's known what the salary cap will be next year. There could be a lot more money avaiolable next season.

most signings these days would be % of the cap deals rather than flat $$ amounts. That way it covers them in the event of cap rises and gets the deals done rather than everyone stalling at once waiting.

Eagle Eyed Cherry said:
Ceagle said:
Didnt Rothfield say Snake signed with the Roosters?

Yes he did, it was something along the lines of "You read it it here first, Brett Stewart WILL be a Rooster next year"

I dont know who's the worst for incorrect signing rumours, him or Danny Weidler.

I think Matty Johns takes the prize on that. His record sits at somewhere around 0% if I recall correctly...

Supernintendo Chalmers said:
The Who said:

most signings these days would be % of the cap deals rather than flat $$ amounts. That way it covers them in the event of cap rises and gets the deals done rather than everyone stalling at once waiting.

Thanks for the explanation. It would be easier to keep track of salary cap rorts if jersey numbers were replaced with salary percentages. We'd be able to calculate what the squad was worth.... ie. Our half is 7.5%, our captain 12.75%, with the poor bench players carrying .5% of the cap.

Great, more rumours. Didn't SMH say he was going to sign with the Eels a couple of days ago!? So I take it he is signing for both teams? Ka like when KFoz allegedly signed up to both the dogs and warriors. Tbh I am really fed up with all these bs rumours flying around the news.

Our only chance of retaining t-rex is if Kite goes next year as well as wolfman. Not sure that Kite wants to go a year early though

TonganEagle said:
The Who said:
TonganEagle said:
While we could afford to lose T-rex, it will be impossible to find a more entertaining player.

Uate? Barba?

I can tell you i would rather watch T-rex then both Uate and Barba. Barba is a little version of Snake, but not as good.

Right on, mate.

T-Rex is invaluable, no one else in the league like him. Really gets the adrenaline pumping with his big hits & fends as well.

My only hope is that the club have asked him to hold off from signing with the Dogs until the end of the year & are doing everything in their power to try & clear up some space in the cap for him.

lsz said:
Geez you lot turn quickly when there is even a mention, not confirmation, a mention of a player leaving

Do we need to dig up the Foran thread?

What will it take for any of you to learn the lesson of not reading into media speculation before you put the boot into a player?

Not often i say it but MK hits the right note here...

The difference was Manly was trying to resign Foran. There is no money for Manly to even make Trex an offer.

ERNIE FOR NO7 said:
lsz said:
Geez you lot turn quickly when there is even a mention, not confirmation, a mention of a player leaving

Do we need to dig up the Foran thread?

What will it take for any of you to learn the lesson of not reading into media speculation before you put the boot into a player?

Not often i say it but MK hits the right note here...

The difference was Manly was trying to resign Foran. There is no money for Manly to even make Trex an offer.

Then why did Tooves say today that they are still negotiating with him and trying to work out an offer.

tookey said:
Our only chance of retaining t-rex is if Kite goes next year as well as wolfman. Not sure that Kite wants to go a year early though

I could see that. I would say Kite is on $200K plus and Wolfman probably the same. Could explain why we are so keen on signing Shackleton on a minimum contract.

But I can't see any club in the NRL spending big money on Kite, and he may have no interest in heading over to the UK.

torana355 said:
tookey said:

Where did you find that out?

Just something I heard a while ago. Not sure if it is true but there have been comments around in various places for a while about Kite possibly going to ESL.

Not sure if he is keen to go though as everyone wants to stay at Manly. Problem is there isn't enough money under the cap to go around.

Well I hope he stays.

I hope he reads this post and it makes him stay.

Team P W L PD Pts
5 4 1 23 10
5 4 1 14 10
6 4 2 48 8
6 4 2 28 8
5 3 2 25 8
5 3 2 14 8
6 3 2 38 7
6 3 2 21 7
6 3 3 37 6
6 3 3 16 6
6 3 3 -13 6