Trex signs with dogs :(

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.
  • We have been getting regular requests for users who have been locked out of their accounts because they have changed email adresses over the lifetime of their accounts. Please make sure the email address under your account is your current and correct email address in order to avoid this in the future. You can set your email address at https://silvertails.net/account/account-details
Sad IF true - this kid can tear any defence to shreds & since realising his potential always look foward to seeing him in action.
At least theres no sneaky underhanded dealings - just a big fella cashing in on his ability & maybe will live to regret the decision himself later.
For those who remember Ronnie Gibbs who was my favourite player with Cliffy back in 1987 - he announced his signing with Gold Coast mid season but played at 100% to the finish. Though devestated I respected Rambo's integrity all the way apart from posing in a GC jersey!!
If T Rex can maintain the rage till his last game at Manly I back him all the way & will wait till next season to hate his guts.
Still not gone until theres something more official than a dodgy paper....:dodgy:

Geez you lot turn quickly when there is even a mention, not confirmation, a mention of a player leaving

Do we need to dig up the Foran thread?

What will it take for any of you to learn the lesson of not reading into media speculation before you put the boot into a player?

Not often i say it but MK hits the right note here...

If he goes to the Dogs doesn't it make the journalists who wrote dozens of stories about him going to Parra lokk even less credible than they currently are?
It seems to me (as a former journalist) that reporters these days are gossip columnists, not trained in what was once a noble profession.
I hope we have a 'name and shame' section here that chronicles all the incorrect reports, and then we can have our equivalent of the 'Rotten Tomatoe' Awards and put out our own media release on the biggest bullsh**ing journos.

Seems he really is going to the Dogs - according to this FoxSports story about 20 minutes ago.

http://www.foxsports.com.au/league/nrl-premiership/manly-sea-eagles-second-rower-tony-williams-to-miss-clash-against-penrith-with-back-injury/story-fn2mcuj6-1226366158968

At least he is smart enough to stay away from the career-killing Parramatta.
The Dogs will have the biggest pack in history next year. But as we;ve found out, T-Rex may only play a handful of games. If he gets reported again then hell cop a really long sentence.

Eaglette Fan said:
Seems he really is going to the Dogs - according to this FoxSports story about 20 minutes ago.

http://www.foxsports.com.au/league/nrl-premiership/manly-sea-eagles-second-rower-tony-williams-to-miss-clash-against-penrith-with-back-injury/story-fn2mcuj6-1226366158968

That is the same, word for word, as the Daily Telegraph story.

TRex will be missed, and I think he should have been more of a priority to have been re-signed. He can usually score a couple of tries a match just through brute force. We don't have anyone like him now. Let's bring Fabian Goodall along in due course - they say he is TRex mark II

If he follows Inu everywhere he could be on the move about every 18 months.

Des only signed him to split the fuel costs. He was hoping to sign 3 or 4 Eagles so they could use the car pool lane. As it is the car looks pretty full now with Crusher, TRex, Egan and Des.

I'll bet you he stays.

I had heard from a usually reliable source that he had told his team mates he was staying. The only reason that might have changed is one of theose "stupid money" money offers bandied about from time to time ala Hoppa.

This will be our first big loss if true.

If he does go to the Dogs hopefuly Des will move him back to the wing...

2 down and none to go (i hope)...if thats the worst that can happen, Ill take it

bones said:
Disco said:
PLEASE DO GO BALLIN!

Don't listen to him Matty...... STAY! :p

Ha, im having a shocker of late

Please Don't Go Matty

Toovey: T-Rex will miss Origin II
25/5/2012 11:01 AM Adam Lucius Sportal Related Links
A tale of two Forans for Manly
Inglis sticks by try ruling
Manly coach Geoff Toovey has confirmed game-breaking forward Tony Williams is likely to miss the rest of the Origin series with a back injury before revealing the club was launching a last-ditch bid to keep him at Brookvale.

Williams is reportedly on the verge of linking with former coach Des Hasler at Canterbury in what would be a massive blow to the Sea Eagles.

But Toovey told Sportal on Friday: "Nothing has been finalised as yet. I don't believe he has signed anything (with Canterbury).

"Hopefully we will have something finalised very shortly.

"We definitely want to keep him here."

But with the cost of re-signing representative quartet Daly Cherry-Evans, Kieran Foran, Brett Stewart and Steve Matai pushing Manly to the brink of the salary cap limit, something will have to give.

That means Williams will almost certainly depart for a deal worth around $450-500,000 a year at the Bulldogs.

Hooker Matt Ballin and Darcy Lussick are expected to follow him out of the Sea Eagles, with Ballin confirming he's been in talks with both Canberra and North Queensland.

Williams, meanwhile, is out of the Manly team to play Penrith on Sunday and won't be back in time for Origin II after injuring himself during the second half of NSW's 18-10 loss to Queensland on Wednesday night.

He could also miss game three but Toovey is not prepared to write him off just yet.

"It could end up being a six-week injury but we're just waiting for the inflammation to die down and then we'll get the doctor's report," the Manly boss said.

"It's disappointing for Tony and the team but we're hoping for the best possible outcome."

Williams made a strong debut for the Blues when called into the game during the second half, producing a series of trademark runs.

His absence for game two opens the door for the return of teammate Anthony Watmough.

So he gets suspended for 7 matches. Comes back for origin plays 15 min and gets an injury out for 6 matches. All up we have lost him for half the season and then he signs with the dogs. Way to go.

mickqld said:
So he gets suspended for 7 matches. Comes back for origin plays 15 min and gets an injury out for 6 matches. All up we have lost him for half the season and then he signs with the dogs. Way to go.
He hasn't left yet, tooves is a smart man and hopefully he can pull something together!

Members online

Team P W L PD Pts
8 7 1 109 16
8 7 1 56 16
8 6 2 66 14
8 5 3 51 12
9 5 3 37 11
9 5 4 95 10
9 5 4 42 10
8 4 4 25 10
9 5 4 -14 10
9 4 5 -16 8