Trent merrin

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.
Moops said:
Snake said:
Moops said:
As I have said before, let Foran go and save half a million, and sign Kyle Stanley and Nathan Davis. Kyle Stanley would come cheap. He was considered a big deal before his injuries.
Davis will be a star!

The guy can barely run after having his 6th knee reconstruction. Even the Dragons fans can't stand him. Their league unlimited forum is littered with distaste for this guy. The silly Dragons bulked him up and used him hooker in the NSW Cup this year with limited success. Even before his much publicised injuries, the Dragons tried him at fullback and he started to show that he was not the great up and coming player some touted him to be.

League Unlimited LOL! The combined IQ there would be struggling to reach triple figures! Whatever mate, I guess your idea of scouting would be to identify 3 or 4 superstars that will take up 75 per cent of the cap. We will end up like th Cowboys! Don't believe everything you read on a league chat site!

I stopped reading as soon as I read "let Foran go"......seriously ?

Watmough will be the only one who leaves before his time. I'm confident that all the others will see out their contracts. Can't see Snake getting another and Matai probably won't get one either.

simon64 said:
Moops said:
Snake said:
Moops said:
As I have said before, let Foran go and save half a million, and sign Kyle Stanley and Nathan Davis. Kyle Stanley would come cheap. He was considered a big deal before his injuries.
Davis will be a star!

The guy can barely run after having his 6th knee reconstruction. Even the Dragons fans can't stand him. Their league unlimited forum is littered with distaste for this guy. The silly Dragons bulked him up and used him hooker in the NSW Cup this year with limited success. Even before his much publicised injuries, the Dragons tried him at fullback and he started to show that he was not the great up and coming player some touted him to be.

League Unlimited LOL! The combined IQ there would be struggling to reach triple figures! Whatever mate, I guess your idea of scouting would be to identify 3 or 4 superstars that will take up 75 per cent of the cap. We will end up like th Cowboys! Don't believe everything you read on a league chat site!

Well, obviously you did. Not everybody has the same opinion of Foran. Me thinks you just listen to Sterlo and don't think, or watch, for yourself! And yes, I am serious...

Moops said:
Snake said:
Moops said:
Davis will be a star!

Not sure how you came up with this, simply because I don't want Kyle Stanley at the Eagles?

My dad and my uncle are die hard Dragons fans, and I have watched all their games closely over the last decade, and I can say with some confidence, that Stanley is not an option for Eagles. He is really struggling to have any impact with all the injuries he has suffered. He wasn't quick to begin with, but having 3 reconstructions on one knee, two on the other, and a shoulder reconstruction, this guy is lucky to be walking let alone ignite our attack. I was using the LU site as example of how his own supporters feel about him, not stating that I take everything I read over there as gospel. Anyway, you and I both follow the Eagles, so if we have an difference of opinion, I'd prefer we don't resort to denigration of each others character.

Snake said:
Moops said:
Snake said:
Moops said:
Davis will be a star!

Not sure how you came up with this, simply because I don't want Kyle Stanley at the Eagles?

My dad and my uncle are die hard Dragons fans, and I have watched all their games closely over the last decade, and I can say with some confidence, that Stanley is not an option for Eagles. He is really struggling to have any impact with all the injuries he has suffered. He wasn't quick to begin with, but having 3 reconstructions on one knee, two on the other, and a shoulder reconstruction, this guy is lucky to be walking let alone ignite our attack. I was using the LU site as example of how his own supporters feel about him, not stating that I take everything I read over there as gospel. Anyway, you and I both follow the Eagles, so if we have an difference of opinion, I'd prefer we don't resort to denigration of each others character.

Denigration? Don't be so sensitive.

I know a few Dragons fans myself and just a few years ago he was the ants pants as far as they were concerned, so you can't speak for all of them. Anyways, I was putting it out there that he would come cheap if the club cleared him medically. There would be certain processses and procedures that would need to be undertaken but I should apologise as I didn't spell it out...Sorry if I offended you...

Moops said:
Snake said:
Moops said:
Snake said:
Moops said:
Davis will be a star!

I know a few Dragons fans myself and just a few years ago he was the ants pants as far as they were concerned, so you can't speak for all of them. Anyways, I was putting it out there that he would come cheap if the club cleared him medically. There would be certain processses and procedures that would need to be undertaken but I should apologise as I didn't spell it out...Sorry if I offended you...

All good!

I am sure the club would put any player through a rigorous medical before signing them to any contract.

So you would prefer we let Foran go, and keep DCE?

Snake said:
Moops said:
Snake said:
Moops said:
Snake said:

All good!

Mitch?

Shoe1 said:
Snake said:
Moops said:
Snake said:
Moops said:

All good!

Mitch?

if the price is right!

Moops said:
simon64 said:
Moops said:
Snake said:
Moops said:
Davis will be a star!

Well, obviously you did. Not everybody has the same opinion of Foran. Me thinks you just listen to Sterlo and don't think, or watch, for yourself! And yes, I am serious...

I don't watch Sterlo so I have no idea what he says.

But I do know Foran just won player of the year on this site for the second year in a row, so I'm guessing I'm not the only one who doesn't think or watch for himself.

I think its insane to think we can cut Foran loose and we'd be able to replace what he does with someone who doesn't have anything of note on their first grade resume. I have no problems with making him our next captain, he would lead from the front the same way his coach did when he lead the team.

Masked Eagle said:
I think its insane to think we can cut Foran loose and we'd be able to replace what he does with someone who doesn't have anything of note on their first grade resume. I have no problems with making him our next captain, he would lead from the front the same way his coach did when he lead the team.

Funny you should say that, I have always thought of Foz as a modern day Tooves.

Merrin is so overrated. He had been given chance after chance after chance at state level and done nothing. He goes missing against quality opposition. He makes the occasional charge and has a good offload ( some terrible ones as well) but one things for certain, he doesn't like getting his hands dirty. He is a passenger in defence. We would be much better served keeping Choc, who I think will come good next year after surgery on the bicep.

counts us out

Reports Merrin Wants $800k Amid Dragons Salary Cap Woes

Saints representative backrower Trent Merrin has backed the Dragons into a corner as the club tries to avoid breaking the bank next season.

Merrin and his NSW Origin teammate Brett Morris are both seeking upgrades for next season despite the club coming out and saying they are struggling to stay under the cap.

"The word is Trent Merrin wants $800,000 and has got a host of clubs who are willing to give it to him.

"They [Dragons] want to keep Trent Merrin and Brett Morris at the club and see them become one-club players," Brent Read revealed on Sydney's Triple M Rush Hour.

Triple M NRL's Gorden Tallis does not believe Merrin deserves that sort of coin.

"Not the way he plays for the Dragons, he was coming off the bench for the last six weeks," Tallis said.

The 'Raging Bull' said he was disappointed St George didn't re-signing emerging backrower Jack Bird to a long-term deal.

Bird was recently snapped up by neighbours the Cronulla Sharks which gives Bird the opportunity to work with the likes of Paul Gallen and Luke Lewis.

MadMarcus said:
Masked Eagle said:

Funny you should say that, I have always thought of Foz as a modern day Tooves.
Foran is a Renaissance man.

Staff online

• Jethro
    Star Trekkin' across the universe
Team P W L PD Pts
6 5 1 20 12
6 4 2 53 10
5 4 1 23 10
6 4 2 48 8
6 4 2 28 8
5 3 2 14 8
7 4 3 -18 8