Trent merrin

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.
Snake said:
I think we need to sort out the front row more so than the back row. Lui, Symonds, and Buhrer are less of a concern than Lawrence and...well Lawrence. He needs some support and a player to bash it up the middle. Merrin fuddy duddys around a lot; it works when the rest of the team is going forward, but as we've seen from the Dragons pack, thats not often. He won't take you forward, but he'll play off the back of someone else's platform.

I have to agree with this. I think Merrin is a good player, although slightly overrated. I'd like to have him, but not at an exorbitant price, and it's thrust that's needed at the moment.

To me it's a Spud Carroll, Chief type player we need. Someone who just hurtles at the defensive line and is guaranteed to not only pick up 10m, but attract 3 or 4 defenders, and hurt them. Someone who opposing defenders just say 'ohhh god this is going to hurt!'

I think Russell Packer is a good idea; he is angry and mean. We all know Toovey can get the best out of players, and he is 188cm tall and 112kg; that's quite a lump. I hear Penrith are looking to pick him up, but we should have more $$$ to play with, if Choc indeed heads to Parramatta.

A couple of things. Firstly what are the chances of the Eels losing interest in Choc if Merrin was available?

As for Russell Packer, yes we could use him but after reading about the incident that sent him to jail, I'm not so sure. I just hope the victim, or his family, are not Manly supporters because it would be hard for them to continue to be if he came to us.

Packer would put the Corporate Sponsors off. :cool:

Maybe he can get back to the Warriors and be far from where it all happened.

Merrin is just doing what Gifty did, using the Media to put pressure on his Club. They wouldn't agree to a release and he is young enough to have multiple contracts left in him :cool:

Killer03 said:
Snake said:
I think we need to sort out the front row more so than the back row. Lui, Symonds, and Buhrer are less of a concern than Lawrence and...well Lawrence. He needs some support and a player to bash it up the middle. Merrin fuddy duddys around a lot; it works when the rest of the team is going forward, but as we've seen from the Dragons pack, thats not often. He won't take you forward, but he'll play off the back of someone else's platform.

I have to agree with this. I think Merrin is a good player, although slightly overrated. I'd like to have him, but not at an exorbitant price, and it's thrust that's needed at the moment.

To me it's a Spud Carroll, Chief type player we need. Someone who just hurtles at the defensive line and is guaranteed to not only pick up 10m, but attract 3 or 4 defenders, and hurt them. Someone who opposing defenders just say 'ohhh god this is going to hurt!'

I was thinking this when I was watching the 97 Manly v Roosters game the other day on Fox.

Mose Masoe could be the wrecking ball we need . He's playing super league presently for St Helens.

He's big, fast and bends the line most runs. A noted belter in defence too.

At 25 , he is 120kg and 192 cms tall.

Google his name and have a look, I'm not tech savvy enough to upload here.

[attachment=893]

Mose Masoe

Attachments

• index.jpg
    index.jpg
    8.2 KB · Views: 11
This is from The Lurker at Sportal

Overpriced Merrin

Trent Merrin’s asking price of $600,000 is turning away potential bidders.

The Origin forward struggled to even make the Dragons starting line-up for much of the year which is why he was given permission to negotiate with other clubs.

Manly and Cronulla are both keen to talk but not at his current asking price.

The Broncos are also interested - but again, won't pay anywhere near what Merrin is asking.

At his best, Merrin is a player capable of holding his own on the State of Origin stage.

But questions have been asked about his fitness and consistency and he probably needs to lose a few kilos if he wants to attract the big bucks.

ManlyMit said:
This is from The Lurker at Sportal

Overpriced Merrin

Trent Merrin’s asking price of $600,000 is turning away potential bidders.

The Origin forward struggled to even make the Dragons starting line-up for much of the year which is why he was given permission to negotiate with other clubs.

Manly and Cronulla are both keen to talk but not at his current asking price.

The Broncos are also interested - but again, won't pay anywhere near what Merrin is asking.

At his best, Merrin is a player capable of holding his own on the State of Origin stage.

But questions have been asked about his fitness and consistency and he probably needs to lose a few kilos if he wants to attract the big bucks.
How in the hell are the bronco's interested? Is the master coach bennett working with no salary cap again.

HappilyManly said:
Yes please, he was great at Easts last year :)

That's interesting; you liked his form last year at Easts, but he knows nothing about it, because he was playing for Penrith.

As I have said before, let Foran go and save half a million, and sign Kyle Stanley and Nathan Davis. Kyle Stanley would come cheap. He was considered a big deal before his injuries.
Davis will be a star!

We should try Aaron Woods again, but may be pricey.
He's a Manly fan and he may not be enjoying life at the Tigers right now.

Moops said:
As I have said before, let Foran go and save half a million, and sign Kyle Stanley and Nathan Davis. Kyle Stanley would come cheap. He was considered a big deal before his injuries.
Davis will be a star!

The guy can barely run after having his 6th knee reconstruction. Even the Dragons fans can't stand him. Their league unlimited forum is littered with distaste for this guy. The silly Dragons bulked him up and used him hooker in the NSW Cup this year with limited success. Even before his much publicised injuries, the Dragons tried him at fullback and he started to show that he was not the great up and coming player some touted him to be.

Ramrod said:
We should try Aaron Woods again, but may be pricey.
He's a Manly fan and he may not be enjoying life at the Tigers right now.

He's the only player who is playing at another club that I would like to see come to Manly tbh.

Snake said:
Moops said:
Davis will be a star!

The guy can barely run after having his 6th knee reconstruction. Even the Dragons fans can't stand him. Their league unlimited forum is littered with distaste for this guy. The silly Dragons bulked him up and used him hooker in the NSW Cup this year with limited success. Even before his much publicised injuries, the Dragons tried him at fullback and he started to show that he was not the great up and coming player some touted him to be.

League Unlimited LOL! The combined IQ there would be struggling to reach triple figures! Whatever mate, I guess your idea of scouting would be to identify 3 or 4 superstars that will take up 75 per cent of the cap. We will end up like th Cowboys! Don't believe everything you read on a league chat site!

Staff online

• Jethro
    Star Trekkin' across the universe

Members online

Latest posts

Team P W L PD Pts
6 5 1 59 12
6 5 1 20 12
6 4 2 53 10
6 4 2 30 10
7 4 2 25 9
7 4 3 40 8