Trent Barrett

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.
In the Kevin Costner baseball movie Bull Durham (1987), it was said you don't mess with winning, you don't mess with a winning streak.

At Manly, we have always done much better with one of our own in charge. All 8 of our premiership wins have come with former Manly players as the coach. Ron Willey, Frank Stanton, Bob Fulton and Des Hasler. And while not winning the premiership, we made Grand Finals with former Manly players such as Arko, George Hunter, Ray Ritchie and Tooves as coach. To my recollection, the only 'outsider' who even came close to having coaching success at Manly was Graham Lowe, and as good a coach as he was we still never even made a GF under him.

All Trent Barrett proved as Manly coach was that he was out of his depth as a first grade head coach. And by quitting the way he did, especially with all his whinging in the media, I think he did a lot more harm to his reputation than he would have had he stuck it out to the end. Right now I seriously doubt if any NRL club would want him as their coach. Even the Titans would go for someone like Tooves before they considered Barrett.

And to this day I still believe that Phil Gould sold Barrett's virtues as a coach to Bozo more just to get him away from Penrith than because he actually believed what he was telling everyone that Barrett would become a good coach. Seriously, if Gould really believed what he was saying, he wouldn't have gotten him away from their U/20's at the first opportunity and he would have had him lined up as Penrith coach knowing that he was going to sack Ivan Cleary rather than trying to get him away from the club.
It's all going to come out one day that Bozo and Gould were on the golf course, tied after 17 holes when the bet was made by Gould ' if you win I will polish your ( insert whatever ) for the next 5 years but if I win you have to employ TB as first grade coach.... needless to say gould smashed it....

It's all going to come out one day that Bozo and Gould were on the golf course, tied after 17 holes when the bet was made by Gould ' if you win I will polish your ( insert whatever ) for the next 5 years but if I win you have to employ TB as first grade coach.... needless to say gould smashed it....
Bigger motivation ...

This season under Des acutely brings to light how much of an amateur TB was as a coach. It also shows the strength and steely resolve required to galvanize the players, club and community was way out of his depth. It was just never meant to be.

Another puff piece on Ch9 with players talking up how good a coach he’s been for the last 3 days. Second time this week for Ch9 story on him.

WTF is the love fest all about with him and Ch9 ?

So they said that the panfers were 12 worst in attack last season and barrett has been brought in to fix that. Does anyone know how we rated in attack whilst he was with us?

The difference between Trent and Des, is Trent gets his outdoor furniture from Fantastic and Des only shops at BBQ's galore.

Once you sit on Des' chairs you just play better footy. Its that simple.

Not great but Baz got Manly a new record as the worst defending Team in 2018 and in Manly's 71 year history :swear:
2018 was the year that he fell out with the football of operations manager and Incomparable Immortal and wanted full control of running the football show and he showed every one in the NRL world what he was capable off going solo and the rest is history....... the most underwhelming season in the history of our proud club.

2018 .... Say no more
images.jpg

The article only confirms that James Tamou either likes a drink or is suffering from too many concussions or both

Panthers will go close to the wooden spoon this year without Maloney The Cleary's are overpaid and very average

One thing he wins at is the media, how a perpetual loser that has never won a premiership and a dismal coaching record in any grade keeps on getting love from the media is amazing.
A celebration of mediocrity... the guy is obviously likeable, I get that. He was also a very good football player who could be exceptional on his day. BUT... as a coach, his record is terrible with a week one finals exit his best result in any grade, and that was when he had Blake Green at pivot. (his main excuse for his most recent failed season along with the whole poor facilities line)

Des Hasler has shown everyone how adversity can be overcome, he never makes excuses for a loss and always believes his teams can win. Bit like our very own @BOZO.

Can’t wait to see what the great man has in store for us all in 2020.

Latest posts

Team P W L PD Pts
3 3 0 48 6
3 2 1 45 4
3 2 1 28 4
3 2 1 22 4
3 2 1 15 4
3 2 1 14 4
2 1 1 13 4
3 2 1 10 4
2 1 1 6 4
3 2 1 -3 4