Trent Barrett

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.
Barrett's randomly turned up on the Footy Show panel this morning @:rolleyes: Sorry Trent but watching and hearing him reminds me of all those pressers last year...depressing :tmi:
Isn't he the Blues halves coach !?!? So he's been sacked from that already. LOL@Trent.

Barrett's randomly turned up on the Footy Show panel this morning @:rolleyes: Sorry Trent but watching and hearing him reminds me of all those pressers last year...depressing :tmi:

But he is a well groomed handsome guy thou. :D almost too good looking for the footy show.

He was on the Triple M’s Weekend Legends show on Saturday, he was introduced as the Dally M winner, I didn’t bother to listen.

Given he’ll be off our books soon, obviously building his profile.

Didnt see him in the dressing room after origin 2. I thought he was part of the coaching staff? Or was that only for game 1 (where they lost)?

He is an embarrassment to himself, in the Triple M interview he still referred to himself as an NRL coach Bwhahahaha, got news for you pal, you aren't. How he can reconcile taking a wage for doing nothing is beyond me, even the triple M guys were laughing at him as he said it and the fact he didn't end the contract early tells me no one wants him or he would have looked for a release. the fact that he had nothing to do with the Blues preparation in Perth tells me he is definately the KOD Kiss Of Death!.

I don't believe any Sydney NRL club are interested in him and if he wants to coach into the future he might have to give the ESL a crack. I have no sympathy for him he dug this hole himself.

He got way ahead of himself when he resigned at Manly. There is obviously the rumour that he had a job lined up at Penrith and then they went with Ciraldo...but for a coach that had zero runs on the board, to think he could be choosy and push the club into a corner, especially when the place was falling apart under his watch, is beyond belief.

He should have sucked it up, bunkered down and tried to coach the team, instead he whinged about this and that, made excuses and then thought he could hold us to ransom...the club said "see ya later" hahaha.

Surely it goes down in the Guinness Book of Records for "dumbest career move" category. Even Paul McGregor isn't dumb enough to sack himself.

I never got the 'he must get out because Manly is a sinking ship' rubbish the media were going on with.

What does that show? To me it shows a quitter. And also shows someone not very smart. If it's a sinking ship....you have nothing to lose. You come last.....well that was expected. You come 13th....doing well. You come 8th.....genius!

All that last year showed was that when the going got tough....he bottled it. Not someone who was going to bunker down and get stuck in.

I coach (soccer) and there is a team in my division who until this week had not won or drawn a game. 15 games, 15 losses. And some very big ones. 8 nil is not uncommon. And this is 15s age group NPL. The coach is a top guy, who is realistically coaching boys who at least 1/2 of them are not good enough. He has continually rolled up his sleeves and turned up week in and week out, training/game plans etc etc.

Yesterday they had their first win. I guarantee you all the coaches are hoping he went out last night and celebrated like he'd won the comp. Because that shows guts.

I never got the 'he must get out because Manly is a sinking ship' rubbish the media were going on with.

What does that show? To me it shows a quitter. And also shows someone not very smart. If it's a sinking ship....you have nothing to lose. You come last.....well that was expected. You come 13th....doing well. You come 8th.....genius!

All that last year showed was that when the going got tough....he bottled it. Not someone who was going to bunker down and get stuck in.

I coach (soccer) and there is a team in my division who until this week had not won or drawn a game. 15 games, 15 losses. And some very big ones. 8 nil is not uncommon. And this is 15s age group NPL. The coach is a top guy, who is realistically coaching boys who at least 1/2 of them are not good enough. He has continually rolled up his sleeves and turned up week in and week out, training/game plans etc etc.

Yesterday they had their first win. I guarantee you all the coaches are hoping he went out last night and celebrated like he'd won the comp. Because that shows guts.
100%. He is quitter. Not only that, if he got out because he was concerned what staying would do for his reputation, I wonder if he ever considered what walking out a club would do for his reputation? How ironic!

Now that Des has managed to get us firing with the same (if not inferior) roster, it just makes Baz look even more pathetic.

He should have sucked it up, bunkered down and tried to coach the team, instead he whinged about this and that, made excuses and then thought he could hold us to ransom...the club said "see ya later" hahaha.

Surely it goes down in the Guinness Book of Records for "dumbest career move" category. Even Paul McGregor isn't dumb enough to sack himself.
Well thankfully he did none of those things and we now have a Manly man back at the helm - something that could be very important as the NRL considers relocations etc. in the years ahead.

He had his shot and he did some good in 2017 but there were huge losses in that season that strong clubs don’t cop. 2018 his use the wingers and fullback and one front rower system had been mitigated by any coach of a good side who lost a scrappy game to manly the previous year. He was an excuse merchant.

Maybe things came too easy for such a good looking athletically gifted man. Maybe saints Illawarra team that was so star studded in the noughties never delivered for a reason. As a supporter of the club I gave him a lot of chances. But not everything works out for everyone I wish him all the best. I don’t wish anyone ill will hope he finds his place. But struggle builds character. I think most things may have come too easy for the boy from temora.

Latest posts

Team P W L PD Pts
5 4 1 23 10
5 4 1 14 10
6 4 2 48 8
6 4 2 28 8
5 3 2 25 8
5 3 2 14 8
6 3 2 38 7
6 3 2 21 7
6 3 3 37 6
6 3 3 16 6