Trbojevic ‘losing patience’ with Manly

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.

maxta

First Grader
Premium Member

Here is the lastest now dragging Tom into this rabble as he "loses patience"​

Personally a Tom fan but losing patience with his lack of game time !!​

Manly superstar Tom Trbojevic is “losing patience” with the club amid a report some officials have questioned the value of his massive contract.

The Sea Eagles are in turmoil with the chatter growing louder that two-time premiership winning coach Des Hasler will be sacked by the end of the week.

The man banished by the Broncos in 2020, Anthony Seibold, has been earmarked by the Manly board as Hasler’s replacement.

But the drama on the northern beaches could be even messier had Manly caved to a request from Trbojevic and his brother Jake in 2019.

The Trbojevic brothers wanted a Hasler clause in their deals which would allow them to leave if the coach was sacked, according to the SMH.

The request was denied and the pair still signed six-year extensions keeping them at the club until the end of 2026 on deals worth more than $1 million per season.

Now some Manly officials are questioning the brothers’ value to the club, according to the SMH report which also said Tom was “losing patience”.
Tom has played just 32 games since re-signing three years ago, but the report claimed club chief executive Tony Mestrov strongly denied plans were underway to move on the brothers.

Hasler is contracted until the end of 2023 and would have earned an extension into 2024 with a top six-finish this year.

But the pride jersey fiasco derailed Manly’s season and they lost their final seven games to finish 11th.

Hasler is now considering taking legal action against the club over its role in allowing the pride jersey saga to happen.

The Sea Eagles believe they can sack Hasler now and only have to pay him a $450,000 termination fee, according to the report.

Last edited:
"They asked for a clause..."
"The request was denied..."

= beat up...

Having said that, if they want out, let them go so long as it does not cost us money... nobody should be wearing the colours that does not have full commitment to the needs of the team...

I am 100% certain that the Trbojevic's are losing patience with Manly .. but .. this is the second time the coach of the team they play for is being sacked for poor performance ..

Tip from an old fart .... Lads, if you don't like the way things are ... WIN MORE GAMES! ... then your coach might be safe ...

This story is:
1665531206364.png

Hasler clause, can only hope it's fake news otherwise there's no club love there from them.
(Could hardly blame them)

Just the media trying to milk this story for all it's worth and put more and more angles on it to fill column space.

Until the boil is lanced though and the inevitable decision is made this is how it will roll.

It's footy off season, ignore it and worry about who and what is there in 2023.

It'll sort itself out. Don't buy the narrative.

"They asked for a clause..."
"The request was denied..."

= beat up...

Having said that, if they want out, let them go so long as it does not cost us money... nobody should be wearing the colours that does not have full commitment to the needs of the team...
If that were the case the 7 would be gone and penn would be gone

Let’s ask ourselves, from the following, who genuinely cares about manly and carries manly on their sleeve?

Des Hasler, Jake Trbojevic, Tom Trbojevic and Kieran Foran or Penn, Josh Aloiai, Jason Saab, …(the seven) and Anthony Seibold?

We are being left with the latter and that is pretty hard to take imo

I am 100% certain that the Trbojevic's are losing patience with Manly .. but .. this is the second time the coach of the team they play for is being sacked for poor performance ..

Tip from an old fart .... Lads, if you don't like the way things are ... WIN MORE GAMES! ... then your coach might be safe ...
Maybe you should have provided that advice a couple of months ago !

Just sayin’

If that were the case the 7 would be gone and penn would be gone

Let’s ask ourselves, from the following, who genuinely cares about manly and carries manly on their sleeve?

Des Hasler, Jake Trbojevic, Tom Trbojevic and Kieran Foran or Penn, Josh Aloiai, Jason Saab, …(the seven) and Anthony Seibold?

We are being left with the latter and that is pretty hard to take imo
I agree that the outcome sucks but I have never forgotten with Foz and Des...
Mind you that probs says more about me than them... I think Siebold is the closest to a 'Manly man' available right now but I would also love to see a Brett Stewart, Gifty, Killer, Cliffy, Tooves type appointment...

DREAM TEAM - Killer as head coach with Matai as defensive coordinaor, Stewart brothers strength and conditioning coaches, Marty Bella doing pathways establishment and Tooves and Jason King working as recruitment and retention team...

Last edited:

Which is why the “threat” of the Trbojevic’s leaving is BS.How do you go from wanting a clause to guarantee a coach’s survival,being knocked back,yet then signing a 6 yr deal?Obviously it’s money,so I doubt anyone is paying them the same coin,especially Jake.I suspect this story has been spun by Des

Just the media trying to milk this story for all it's worth and put more and more angles on it to fill column space.

Until the boil is lanced though and the inevitable decision is made this is how it will roll.

It's footy off season, ignore it and worry about who and what is there in 2023.

It'll sort itself out. Don't buy the narrative.
Thanks @The Indian just went straight back to primary school and getting a boil lanced, the mental scars still live on 😩

Members online

Latest posts

Team P W L PD Pts
3 3 0 48 6
3 2 1 45 4
3 2 1 28 4
3 2 1 22 4
3 2 1 15 4
3 2 1 14 4
2 1 1 13 4
3 2 1 10 4
2 1 1 6 4